JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   Pick up my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Thursday (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/pick-up-my-2012-jeep-grand-cherokee-overland-thursday-1259130/)

Cajun_Mike 08-30-2011 10:52 AM

Pick up my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Thursday

I'm going from a 2009 Infiniti FX50S to the new Jeep. A bit of a change I must say.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, Mineral gray with New Saddle interior
4X2
Hemi V8 with new 6 speed transmission.

Can someone tell me which is the best looking and functional rubber floor mats to buy? I saw the official mopar slush mats and they look nice. Do the dealers usually stock those or do you have to buy them online? Should I push the dealer to throw them in?

Jeremy1983 08-30-2011 01:03 PM

Congrats! I took delivery of mine two weeks ago. We have literally the exact same build: Min Grey/Hemi/Saddle/4x2 :cheers2:

hipthrowr2 08-30-2011 01:41 PM

I highly recommend the Weather Tech Mats. They have a lip to prevent spills from making their way onto the carpet and are easy to hose off/clean.

Cajun_Mike 08-30-2011 02:12 PM

i read a thread about the weathertech mats versus the mopar mats. I think most that preferred the weathertech are folks up North who deal with snow.

I'm down here in Louisiana and i'm just dealing with wet and possibly muddy shoes from all the rain we get. Still go with the weathertech or would the mopar mats suffice?? Which ones actually look better too?

Cajun_Mike 08-30-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy1983 (Post 12099642)
Congrats! I took delivery of mine two weeks ago. We have literally the exact same build: Min Grey/Hemi/Saddle/4x2 :cheers2:

Jeremy, you posted some pictures anywhere? Please post link if you have.

mike

markp99 08-30-2011 02:18 PM

If I could have gotten the MOPAR rubber mats with a taller lip to catch the snow/water, I would have been all over them! I live in New England, snow, ice, water are a real concern.

I went for the WeatherTech variety for this very reason. Though, I would have preferred a heavy RUBBER material to the plastic material of the WeatherTech. Rubber just feels more durable and appropriate underfoot than plastic.

The liners I had in my old Jeep would hold a TON of water (mandatory) - but just bit of a challenge to remove the liner (to dump) without spilling the water on the carpets.

Jeremy1983 08-30-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike (Post 12099909)
Jeremy, you posted some pictures anywhere? Please post link if you have.

mike

Yeah, they are on the bottom-ish part of this page:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...3/index24.html

Please let me know if you get the Saddle stitch on the dash, or white like I did.

Cajun_Mike 08-30-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy1983 (Post 12099951)
Yeah, they are on the bottom-ish part of this page:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...3/index24.html

Please let me know if you get the Saddle stitch on the dash, or white like I did.

I had already found your pics... yes, i'm hoping it has that matching stitch, but i'm sure that's a minor gripe.

What are your initial thoughts on how that new 6 speed transmission performs? Is it jerky at any point?

Jeremy1983 08-30-2011 03:01 PM

I am certainly no gearhead, but the transmission seems smooth and well-suited to the engine to me.

Cajun_Mike 08-30-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy1983 (Post 12100128)
I am certainly no gearhead, but the transmission seems smooth and well-suited to the engine to me.

I would love to read or see a video of review where someone who is real familiar with the 2011 with the 5 speed compares the 2012 with the new 6 speed tranny.

When the 2011 first came out that 5 speed transmission seemed to be only really con.

Cajun_Mike 08-30-2011 05:30 PM

Check that, i will be picking up my new vehicle tomorrow (Wednesday). Fired up. Great dealing with Ralph Sellers in Gonzales, La.

Here's the deal now... big question for all of you. I work from home and put somewhere between 8 and 10 thousand miles a year on the vehicle. I rarely keep a vehicle beyond four years but with what i've read about Jeeps reliability over the years i feel like maybe i should spring for the extended warranty on the oft chance that I keep the vehicle longer than expected, plus that extended warranty being of value to someone I sell it too up the road as it's transferrable.

How many of you bought the extended warranty? I think you can get 60,75 and 100k varieties of it.

DangFoo 08-30-2011 10:43 PM

Extended warranties are usually a waste of money; at least as many a financial resource will tell you. I read a lot of boring financial material and leasing is generally called fleecing and extended warranties often amount to extended dipping into your pocketbook.

I'm on my 4th Jeep and have had excellent experience with them all; well into 6-figure miles on my previous GCs with no major mechanical issues. Then again, if the "insurance" aspect helps you sleep better at night, then it's very much a personal comfort and choice.

Consider how much you might save and invest with an 8% annual compounded gain by not going with the warranty, which could make for your emergency repair fund.

Last, what reliability issues are you concerned about with Jeep? Lots of old Jeeps with original powertrains on the road and still running strong. I can't say the same for the only Japanese vehicle our family ever owned - Toyota 4Runner was a gutless POS with serious tranny and electrical issues at less than 60K.

pjkatz04 08-30-2011 11:22 PM

WHOA! Mats?!? Dude forget the mats and spend the $$ on 4wd!!! U just bought a JEEP not an Infiniti. Wow.

Teledatageek 08-31-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cajun_Mike (Post 12100786)
Check that, i will be picking up my new vehicle tomorrow (Wednesday). Fired up. Great dealing with Ralph Sellers in Gonzales, La.

Here's the deal now... big question for all of you. I work from home and put somewhere between 8 and 10 thousand miles a year on the vehicle. I rarely keep a vehicle beyond four years but with what i've read about Jeeps reliability over the years i feel like maybe i should spring for the extended warranty on the oft chance that I keep the vehicle longer than expected, plus that extended warranty being of value to someone I sell it too up the road as it's transferrable.

How many of you bought the extended warranty? I think you can get 60,75 and 100k varieties of it.

My 2 cents on extended warranties - I had one on my 1997 GC and again on my 2003 Acura MDX. Neither time did it excite the buyer even though it was transferable. Really surprised me because I thought it would be of benefit to a buyer... I didn't get one for my Acura RDX and don't plan on it for my new GC

The time now is 12:27 PM.