JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/)
-   -   Phase 1 of WK2 is done (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/phase-1-wk2-done-1515603/)

matthewbunton 04-28-2013 07:10 AM

Phase 1 of WK2 is done

3 Attachment(s)
Take a look at before and after pic

matthewbunton 04-28-2013 11:31 AM

Its amazing What vinyl and Plastidip can do.

3 Attachment(s)
Before and after Pics. I bought some JK rims to go on it. I am currently in Germany with the Army and it is very limited on part. I have a Leveling kit coming and super sliders both from RRO. I will do more when I go back to the states next year. Hope you like. Oh yea go the Idea from the Trailhawk.

C0mbatChris 04-28-2013 12:25 PM

Looks great! Where in Germany are you?

matthewbunton 04-28-2013 12:55 PM

Ramstein

BigNunz6 04-28-2013 07:27 PM

looks great. The chrome mldgs around the glass you did with vinyl?

matthewbunton 04-29-2013 01:12 AM

yea I did. I took off all crome and emblems. Chrome I could not take off I vinyled and plasticdipped

Jackal01 04-29-2013 07:47 AM

Can you go into detail regarding the plastidip on the chrome molding? I attempted to about a month ago and I failed miserably but I still want it done.

Your WK2 looks great. The hood is the best part. :thumbsup:

2MchFun 04-29-2013 08:05 AM

That looks cool!
Thanks for your service to our country.

sxysouthtx 04-29-2013 08:07 AM

I miss Germany. I was stationed in Schweinfurt. But I was born in Landstuhl and went to elementary school in Ramstein.

stevebanzai 04-29-2013 09:07 AM

Did you plasti dip the chrome molding around the windows? I want to do this also.

BigNunz6 04-29-2013 10:19 AM

white lettering on the tires facing out kinda throws the whole black out thing off. Just my opinion.

DangFoo 04-29-2013 10:41 AM

That looks great; had the black hood vinyl on my Trailhawk until I pulled the whole thing off. I removed mine due to the red accent line that's one piece attached to the black. It was just way too busy and cartoonish, but your all black is real nice against the silver.

I'd like to do a small area of black at the centered indentation part of the hood. May have to try this; how many coats of spray did you use on the hood?

matthewbunton 04-29-2013 11:20 AM

Jackal01 - As for the Chrome molding, I did Vinyl I used a heat gun and a lot of patients. If you get bubbles just give it a couple of days for them to smooth out. One thing I for to add you have to spray the molding and the vinyl with soapy water.

stevebanzai - You can plastidip your molding but that is a lot of taping.

Bignunz6 - I just found these tires two hours before I plastidipped them. When I get to the states I will get me some 33 on there. I am about to put a leveling kit on it. When I return to the states I will put the king shocks witch will add 4 inches and the RRO winch complete front end with pre runner skid plate. So the tires are just for now.

Dangfoo - I got the idea from the trail hawk. you are correct it makes it to busy on the hood.

JetBlast 04-29-2013 11:38 AM

Looks great. I'm stationed at McChord myself.

BigNunz6 05-01-2013 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthewbunton (Post 15363467)
Jackal01 - As for the Chrome molding, I did Vinyl I used a heat gun and a lot of patients. If you get bubbles just give it a couple of days for them to smooth out. One thing I for to add you have to spray the molding and the vinyl with soapy water.

stevebanzai - You can plastidip your molding but that is a lot of taping.

Bignunz6 - I just found these tires two hours before I plastidipped them. When I get to the states I will get me some 33 on there. I am about to put a leveling kit on it. When I return to the states I will put the king shocks witch will add 4 inches and the RRO winch complete front end with pre runner skid plate. So the tires are just for now.

Dangfoo - I got the idea from the trail hawk. you are correct it makes it to busy on the hood.

Gotcha ! Good luck and post more pics when shes done:thumbsup:

The time now is 03:23 PM.