Passenger side vent - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Passenger side vent

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
NYOverland2012
2014 WK 

Passenger side vent

I used my A/c for the first time today... i noticed no air was coming out of the passenger side vent. Went to move the dial to open it and nothing. i had to stick a pen inside to open it up. Looks like its time for my first trip to the dealer!! grrrrrrr!!

Last edited by NYOverland2012; 03-19-2012 at 08:18 PM..
NYOverland2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
NYOverland2012
2014 WK 

Anyone have any idea how i can fix this myself?
Unread 03-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
Webb
2012 WK 

Have you try calling the dealer ?
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
RichP
2011 WK 

If it is one of the vents in the main stack. remove the bezel and there is an arm that connects the vents to the dial. It probably popped out.Just snap it back in. I know this because I must have knocked it out when I installed my new stereo.
RichP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 04:09 AM   #5
NYOverland2012
2014 WK 

Actually it's the vent on the passenger side ... Was wondering how to get it out so I can fix it. It looks like the trim piece is holding it in.
Unread 03-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #6
RichP
2011 WK 

I just looked at wk2jeeps and it looks like that is the only piece of trim they don't tell you how to remove. look for yourself, maybe I missed it.
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/interior/201...moval_001E.pdf
RichP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #7
NYOverland2012
2014 WK 

You didn't miss anything...it's not there.
Unread 03-22-2012, 06:56 AM   #8
JeepCares

I think what you are talking about is the passenger side outboard outlet. The following is from the service manual:

REMOVAL
WARNING: Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable. Wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment and possible serious or fatal injury.

OUTBOARD OUTLETS
NOTE: The outboard air outlets can be serviced without removing the instrument panel cover.

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.

2. When servicing the passenger side air outlet:
a. remove the passenger side instrument panel silencer
b. remove the glove box, glove box shelf and the trim panel, located behind the glove box

3. When servicing the driver side air outlet:
a. remove the driver side instrument panel silencer
b. remove the knee blocker

NOTE: The air outlet trim panels are serviced with the air outlets as an assembly.
4. Using Trim Stick C-4755 or equivalent, disengage the retaining tabs (2) that secure the outboard air outlet trim panel to the face of the instrument panel cover (4).
5. Reach up behind the instrument panel and disengage the four retaining tabs (1 and 3) that secure each outboard air outlet (5) to the back of the instrument panel cover.

NOTE: If the foam seal on an air outlet is deformed or damaged, the seal must be replaced.
6. Remove the outboard air outlet(s) from the instrument panel cover.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #9
NYOverland2012
2014 WK 

WOW!! That seems way too involved for me to do...i don't know if i want the dealership taking apart my dash either (never get that tight fit back). i guess i could live with it open all the time....i never sit on that side anyway....lol

Thank you for all our help.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.