I think what you are talking about is the passenger side outboard outlet. The following is from the service manual:
WARNING: Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable. Wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions may result in accidental airbag deployment and possible serious or fatal injury.
NOTE: The outboard air outlets can be serviced without removing the instrument panel cover.
1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
2. When servicing the passenger side air outlet:
a. remove the passenger side instrument panel silencer
b. remove the glove box, glove box shelf and the trim panel, located behind the glove box
3. When servicing the driver side air outlet:
a. remove the driver side instrument panel silencer
b. remove the knee blocker
NOTE: The air outlet trim panels are serviced with the air outlets as an assembly.
4. Using Trim Stick C-4755 or equivalent, disengage the retaining tabs (2) that secure the outboard air outlet trim panel to the face of the instrument panel cover (4).
5. Reach up behind the instrument panel and disengage the four retaining tabs (1 and 3) that secure each outboard air outlet (5) to the back of the instrument panel cover.
NOTE: If the foam seal on an air outlet is deformed or damaged, the seal must be replaced.
6. Remove the outboard air outlet(s) from the instrument panel cover.
Jeep Social Care Specialist