pairing the Uconnect - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > pairing the Uconnect

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Yukon Hardcore Locking hubs Dana 44!! CCOR 706-207-4140

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:41 AM   #1
fumblefingers
2014 WK 

pairing the Uconnect

Since it is time to change out my cell phones I thought it best to see what the compatibility issues there might be with the smart phones. When I looked at the possibility of getting the Samsung S4 and I looked at the compatibility chart, there was just one Samsung cell phone listed. All of the Apple I phones were listed but I tend to not want the Apple because they are so fragile. I have dropped my present phone a number of times and it has survived the abuse.

Has any one paired the new Samsung phones and most important how compatible are they. The Uconnect chart list a number of cell phones but some are one star, some 2 star, and some are 3 star. My current cell carrier is Verison but my contract is completed so I am also looking for deal. The Uconnect chart is 2 years old and their compatibility information sadly not updated.

fumblefingers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
MrSpeed
2012 WK 

My Samsung Galaxy SIII paired up just fine with UConnect and has never given me any problems. Still works with UConnect after the Verizon "upgrade" FUBAR.
MrSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:06 AM   #3
GrootKoos
2012 WK 

The Samsung S4 works just fine with my GC. No problems in setting it up.
GrootKoos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
gdash722
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSpeed View Post
My Samsung Galaxy SIII paired up just fine with UConnect and has never given me any problems. Still works with UConnect after the Verizon "upgrade" FUBAR.
x2
gdash722 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
Carange334

Iphone 4S has zero problems connecting. Reviewing a drop test on youtube will show iphone 4/5 Vs Samsung S3/S4, but thats a whole different subject ; p
Carange334 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #6
petetherocker
2012 WK 

bb

My wife's and my blackberry paired up fine.
petetherocker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
fumblefingers
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrootKoos View Post
The Samsung S4 works just fine with my GC. No problems in setting it up.
Great, so I can get a S4 for me. It appears that the S4 will take a 64G microSd card and the I5 will not. Uconnect does not list the S4.....only the Nexus which Verizon Wireless no longer carries.

Now comes the problem of getting a new basic phone for my wife. She still thinks Al Gore invented the internet and will not use it. She has an old LG Acolaide VX560 cell that is a flip phone that needs to be open to use. Even though it has Bluetooth and voice commands, it is not listed on the compatibility chart so it probably will not pair. I called Verizon wireless and they suggested a LG COSMOS 3 As a basic phone using LG-VN251S as operating sys......but wants forfit of $42 activation and $35 restock fee if it won't work. Uconnect does not list this phone.

I thought I hated Verizon more than I hate ATT. Now I have my doubts. :
Any help would be appreciated
fumblefingers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.