P20EE - 2014 EcoDiesel - 5th time - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 07-13-2015, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
JeepMattGA
2014 WK 

Just had the CEL come on again for the 5th time. Every update available has been performed during numerous visits to the dealership. Catalyst replaced the last time I was in. The dealership here in Cumming, GA has been simply awesome to work with, and has taken great care of me every couple of weeks when I have to bring it in. But this is getting a bit absurd. The occasional noises are becoming more regular (scratchy in-dash sound at 1800 RPM, and squeaky passenger seat). Now the door handle sensors where you touch to lock take a bunch of taps to get to lock (they will unlock first try though). Memory seats sometimes have a mind of their own and scoot you away from the brake pedal & up to the roof, and frequent reboots of the 8.4 NAV. There is zero chance I'll own this one out of warranty (I didn't buy the extended MaxCare). But I'm now having to reschedule early meetings at the office to work around the ever-frequent service visits. The Jeep has 18,500 miles on it now. Time to lawyer up for a lemon-law repurchase? Anyone in GA have experience with this?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 07-13-2015, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
JeepMattGA
2014 WK 

Also, just a point of clarification - because of the excellent service at my dealer I would definitely buy from them again, and I love my GC when it's not in the shop. I even love the Diesel engine (as in I REALLY like it). I just want it to work.
post #3 of 15 Old 07-14-2015, 07:04 AM
wyat72
2011 WK 

Might want to look at the lemon laws in your state.

2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X, Pentastar, Qudra Trac I.
post #4 of 15 Old 07-14-2015, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
JeepMattGA
2014 WK 

Just looked up the laws & read through thoroughly. No need for counsel. Pretty clear-cut.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-08-2015, 10:32 AM
AustinK

p20EE

So everyone with this problem needs to call (877)426-5337 (Jeep Satisfaction Hotline) and report to to Jeep that this is an occurring issue that needs to be resolved so they make this a recall. I had my CAT replaced at 17,000 miles and I just got the same code at 23,000 miles. Issue is not resolved. It is in the shop today... The more people that call the sooner we have our Jeeps back.
post #6 of 15 Old 10-08-2015, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
JeepMattGA
2014 WK 

I've called Jeep resolution. I'm on my 4th cat. It's a known problem, and while I've never had a problem with parts availability (they've always had the parts either same day or next), it's always a big issue for the trouble you have to go through. The dealership where I bought it and have taken it back in for all of the repairs has been p-h-e-n-o-m-e-n-a-l throughout all of this, it's just the vehicle that I don't have any confidence in any longer or all of the future repair costs. In spite of that, I would buy another exactly like the one I have. Mine's just a lemon.
post #7 of 15 Old 10-08-2015, 01:45 PM
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMattGA View Post
I've called Jeep resolution. I'm on my 4th cat. It's a known problem, and while I've never had a problem with parts availability (they've always had the parts either same day or next), it's always a big issue for the trouble you have to go through. The dealership where I bought it and have taken it back in for all of the repairs has been p-h-e-n-o-m-e-n-a-l throughout all of this, it's just the vehicle that I don't have any confidence in any longer or all of the future repair costs. In spite of that, I would buy another exactly like the one I have. Mine's just a lemon.
That's really bad I'd be mad if I had to replace anything besides the oil and air filter at 15k miles.....it should still have a faint new car smell at 15k
post #8 of 15 Old 10-08-2015, 04:43 PM
afscotch
2014 WK 

My '14 Eco Diesel had the check engine light come on and I dropped off the Jeep on Monday PM. They read code P20ee. I was checked in by the service manager...he said he isn't up on the details but he did say they've been seeing more and more diesels coming back in.

I picked it up today; they replaced the catalytic converter. Only 13,340 miles.
post #9 of 15 Old 10-09-2015, 01:53 AM
bpbpimajeep14

I have over 60k on my 14' eco diesel has never been to the shop for anything. No updates just the way I bought it in dec 13'.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #10 of 15 Old 10-09-2015, 05:37 AM
expo8282
2014 WK 

Jeep recently released a TSB bulletin to replace the CAT for this error code. Prior to this several TSB had been released to update the software but that hasn't appeared to resolve the issue.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_1806415.pdf
post #11 of 15 Old 10-09-2015, 06:45 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinK View Post
So everyone with this problem needs to call (877)426-5337 (Jeep Satisfaction Hotline) and report to to Jeep that this is an occurring issue that needs to be resolved so they make this a recall. I had my CAT replaced at 17,000 miles and I just got the same code at 23,000 miles. Issue is not resolved. It is in the shop today... The more people that call the sooner we have our Jeeps back.
Hey AustinK,

TSB 18-064-15 may relate to the customerís vehicle:

SUBJECT:
P20EE SCR NOX Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1
OVERVIEW:
**This bulletin involves replacing the Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) Catalyst
assembly.**
MODELS:
2014 (DS) Ram 1500 Pickup
2014 (WK) Jeep Grand Cherokee
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 3.0L Diesel Engine (Sales
Code EXF).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further
investigation the Technician may find Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P20EE SCR NOX
Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 set in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
memory.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
post #12 of 15 Old 10-12-2015, 10:29 AM
csell
2014 WK 

I got 18K on my and I'm having the same issue. They tried to apply two software updates and that didn't fix the issue. Now they are replacing the converter later this week.
post #13 of 15 Old 12-11-2015, 10:28 AM
JamuJoe
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares
Hey AustinK, TSB 18-064-15 may relate to the customer’s vehicle: SUBJECT: P20EE SCR NOX Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 OVERVIEW: **This bulletin involves replacing the Selective Catalyst Reduction (SCR) Catalyst assembly.** MODELS: 2014 (DS) Ram 1500 Pickup 2014 (WK) Jeep Grand Cherokee NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with a 3.0L Diesel Engine (Sales Code EXF). SYMPTOM/CONDITION: Customers may experience a Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) illumination. Upon further investigation the Technician may find Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P20EE SCR NOX Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 set in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) memory. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Austin, thanks fir the TSB info. Same issue with my 2014 GC. Contacted Jeep Customer Service and have a case assigned, with escalation to STAR. Hope to get knowledgeable assistance before my next Dealer appt on Jan 4.

Cheers,
JamuJoe
post #14 of 15 Old 12-11-2015, 11:40 AM
2016WK

Can I assume that they have corrected this on the 2015's & 2016's?
post #15 of 15 Old 12-12-2015, 08:13 AM
Super_Rep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.