Overland Wood Steering Wheel? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Overland Wood Steering Wheel?

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-14-2011, 08:04 AM   #31
WK2011
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
I don't have a Overland yet I have only test driven them. I do however have a wood steering wheel in my Lexus and I actually really like the feel of them. My only gripe about the WK2 wheel is I think they went just a tad overboard with how thick it is. Don't get me wrong I like thick steering wheels, but the new Jeep steering wheel is darn right huge. This is super minor and I like it either way and I'm sure once I buy an Overland I will end up loving the thick steering wheel.
As for the wood though, they are great. Love the feel of it.

I read somewhere on the internet that the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee is a known as a "Man Lexus"...hence the thickness of the steering wheel.LMAO

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, Mineral Gray, Black interior, Hemi, Off Road Adventure II, 430N, Bwoody 4" short RAM intake, 20" Black SRT Reps, MOPAR Rock Rails, 5202bulbs 35W HID 4300K Fog Lamps, SharkFin.
WK2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #32
bmcelroy
2011 WK 

This is my first partial wood steering wheel and I like it so far. Time will tell though since I live in Arizona and summer is right around the corner. Hopefully the sun shades will keep it from getting too hot to touch.
bmcelroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #33
prepreludesh

Smile

I enjoy my wife's Overland's Wood Steering Wheel, but only because the Jeep is what I consider a "slow moving vehicle." No insult intended, but if I was whipping the wheel around as much as I do in my Acura TL, it would get annoying. But the Jeep is more of a cruiser, and therefore, is easier to sit back and enjoy the niceties of it instead of driving "balls-out" all the time.
prepreludesh is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.