Overland Summit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Overland Summit

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-18-2010, 03:21 AM   #1
Colt737
2004 WJ 

Overland Summit

I just hope they add the trail rated version, don't like 20 in wheels

Unread 11-18-2010, 06:28 AM   #2
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

That interior is RIDICULOUS... Geebus!

Not to mention 20'' wheels don't provide enough sidewall for offroad'n.
Unread 11-18-2010, 07:07 AM   #3
JTS97Z28

Looks good I like it!! I personally think the 20" wheels on the WK2 look great. Anytime I see one with the smaller wheels it just looks goofy to me. Ofcourse living in the Chicago burbs there isn't a mountain and offroad trail between my house and work so I could careless about offroading. I think I like that interior to but would have to see it in person first.

James
JTS97Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
mjw930

The interior is very well done. People need to realize this vehicle is positioned to compete with luxury SUV's and is not a "Jeep" in the traditional sense of the word any more than a modern Land Rover is like the Land Rovers of 40 years ago.

I would understand the negativity if this were the only thing available but Jeep makes plenty of "trail rated" vehicles to satisfy your need to blaze a trail. A fully loaded WK2 is typically not that beast.
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 09:25 AM   #5
Colt737
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
The interior is very well done. People need to realize this vehicle is positioned to compete with luxury SUV's and is not a "Jeep" in the traditional sense of the word any more than a modern Land Rover is like the Land Rovers of 40 years ago.

I would understand the negativity if this were the only thing available but Jeep makes plenty of "trail rated" vehicles to satisfy your need to blaze a trail. A fully loaded WK2 is typically not that beast.
I'm not really talking about "blazing" a trail. I'm talking about 18" wheels for more options of an offroad tire due to myself driving often in the snow & elements and the occasional dirt road. I've owned a ZJ & currently own a WJ, I'm not changing the vehicle, Jeep needs to have a trail rated option on this one. If they named it the Overland Street, I wouldn't have said anything.
Unread 11-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
JTS97Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post

I completely agree with this statement!! It seems a lot of diehard Jeep guys and offroaders think Jeeps should be nothing more than a box on wheels with solid axles lol. I understand a lot of people like offroading, but they also have to understand that the Grand Cherokee is their top of the line vehicle that competes with other high end vehicles such as Land Rovers, BMW X5's etc etc. However as the OP requested im sure that if you really wanted a special edition car that if Jeep couldnt get those smaller wheels for you, im sure they would be pretty easy to come by if you wanted a new or like new set of OEM 18" wheels.

I really like this summit edition. I cant tell if its just from weird light reflections or what but it appears this one has a unique color like a very dark brown. I really like it a lot!! I wonder how much this one would cost?

James
Unread 11-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #7
mjw930

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
I wonder how much this one would cost?

James
On the north side of $47K but it has every option they offer.
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #8
Marcus86GLHS

is that the same interior dark wood trim you get in the 2011 Laredo? looks a lot like it.

are those wheels chromed? they look a lot shinier than the painted 20's or maybe its just the picture.

i dont see any tow hooks so it's likely to not have the O.R. Group II or QDII right?

i am not a fan of that color leather. they need to paint all that black plastic lower stuff body color come on Jeep!

2002 Wrangler Sahara, black, 4.0L, 5-speed, Dana 44 rear axle with Trac Loc LSD, duel tan tops, Canyon wheels with Wrangler Silent Armors. 75,000 miles, 2nd owner.
Marcus86GLHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
CmmdrDan

what is that ball shaped thing on the front in the lower grill?
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #10
UNCjeepWK2
2011 WK 

^That's part of the cruise control assist feature or whatever it's called... where it'll slow down as needed for cars in front of you.
UNCjeepWK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #11
CmmdrDan

i kinda figured but i had to make sure. thanks it looks like a laser plasma cannon...kaaaaaaabooooooooom
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #12
JTS97Z28

Yup it's for the adaptive cruise control. If its also for the advance warning and cross path detection system as well I'm not sure. Either way though it's all one package.
Unread 11-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #13
PMD_G8

YIKES! That interior. The piano black wood would(haha) look good with a black interior but good lord that is hideous!
PMD_G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #14
PMD_G8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCjeepWK2 View Post
^That's part of the cruise control assist feature or whatever it's called... where it'll slow down as needed for cars in front of you.
Hal. Lights up red when moving.

PMD_G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
2011Hemi
2011 WK 

Two of those pics look like the paint is brown. I don't recall seeing brown as an color selection.
2011Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.