Organizing folders in HDD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Organizing folders in HDD

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 06-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
nyrhockey23

Organizing folders in HDD

So i downloaded about 10 kid's music CDs and now i have 10 folders. I then downloaded 2 other CD's and for each CD a new folder gets created.

What i want to have is 1 folder for all the kids music where i can download all the CD's, 1 folder for my music, etc rather than 12 folders.

How does 1 do this? pressed every button on the car and i can edit the name of the folders but not combine then, nor can i select a folder where to download a CD once you insert it.

nyrhockey23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
boyvan
2012 WK 

Perhaps others might have a better idea but what I did was create all the folders, etc. on USB and then copied everything as is. For some CDs I had to first copy it on my computer and then transfer onto the USB.
Unread 07-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
Justal13
2012 WK 

The system seems to do it's own thing for folders. I had all my music on a thumb drive with folders by Artist > Album. However, after spending several hours downloading about 9gb of music (over 200 albums), I discovered - as you did - that the system reformatted all the folders.

So you have a few options (here are a few I tried). You can set up a music genre of "kids" (use the "new genre" option). You then can edit all your kids albums by changing each song in each folder to "kids" (yes, each song...sorry).

Another option is to change the artist on each album by adding the work "kids" to the start or end of each. Again, you have to edit each song in each folder to match the new artist name you have created.

I did this for all my holiday music, because for several artists every time I played music "by artist" the holiday music was mixed in. So I can now play "Michael Buble" or "Michael Buble - Christmas". (Hey, is it just an example, so don't diss me on my eclectic music preferences - I have a lot of country western, jazz and rock as well).

By the way, be prepared to have some albums refuse to download any of the supporting information (no artist, title, song titles, anything) or any combo. Every time I complete downloading or adding to the HDD I search for "UNKNOWN" folders for artist, genre, album title, etc using the A-Z search function. After my initial download of over 200 albums, I had over 1000 songs with at least 1 each to do. It took me months to fix.

Perhaps your best option is to put all the kids songs on a dedicated mini-thumbdrive. The negative to that there is a delay at each key cycle for the thumbdrive to "queue up". And it always starts at the beginning of the thumbdrive, not where it left off. Hopefully you don't have "Wheels on the Bus" in the #1 spot on the thumbdrive, because listening to that over and over...could push you over the edge. Best luck.
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.