Ordering new Diesel - Offering Invoice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Ordering new Diesel - Offering Invoice

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 02-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #1
iced98lx
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ordering new Diesel - Offering Invoice

So I'm ordering a new Diesel Limited, specifically how I want it:

Limited
*Diesel
*Luxury Package 2 (Cooled seats)
*Off Road Adventure Group 2 (Air suspension + goodies)

Those two packages only- they're saying 8 weeks lead time and best offer is invoice ($46,594) and they want to hold 5% for the 8 weeks.

I'm willing to finance through Chrysler Financial (Or whatever it's called now) and put down 20%.

I feel like I can get a better deal- but I don't want to drive across the country to get it. I'm in SE South Dakota, this is from Baxter in Omaha- I am up in Minneapolis / St. Paul all the time, maybe I can get a better deal up there.

Anyone bought one recently for 5-6% under invoice?

iced98lx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #2
MuSh

You can do better. Even getting the tread lightly Chrysler affiliate discount will get you 1% below invoice. That alone would save you about $400, and that's haggle free.
MuSh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 02:18 AM   #3
modernblueWK

Get an online quote from dave smith motors in Idaho. They have some of the best prices i vould find online when i was looking for my durango. I did not buy there but they were very nice.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2014, 03:34 PM   #4
MBDiesel
2014 WK 

I'd be interested to see what deal you end up getting since that's the exact config I'm thinking of buying. Might just get a quote from Dave Smith since it's within range for a day trip for me.
Unread 02-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #5
modernblueWK

Get online and request a price quote on something they have in stock.
Blue WK club #4
modernblueWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
jaje
2007 WK 

Honestly, I'd add in the order the engine block heater for $95 (you will thank me if it has to do a sub zero cold start) and Navigation for $400 extra. I just ordered and put down a deposit on a similar equipped WK2 - a '14 4x4 Limited Ecodiesel with engine block heater, Lux II package, off road II package (includes trailer group and rear load leveling suspension), and Nav. I use mine for lot's of highway driving and towing so the diesel's superior performance will actually pay for itself much quicker than a gasser.

6-8 weeks is standard industry wait time (sometimes you can get lucky and get it earlier depending on build load). I'm worried about the diesel availability as the Ram Ecodiesel sold out every pre-order in 2 1/2 days!

I also signed up for the tread lightly program (cost $100 donation which is tax deductible) which gets you 1% below invoice - BUT it takes about 30 days to get the control # for it to work at the dealer. DO THAT ASAP as your order is already in the system.

So with the program you get 1% below invoice but then the dealer has some fudge room with pricing to get you even lower (it's all depending on their profit margin).
#74 Exocet - NASA ST3 / E0
jaje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #7
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Find the highest volume dealer nearest to you and get in touch with the fleet or internet manager. I have bought my last 3 vehicles that way and have always paid under invoice. In the case of my Ecodiesel... I ended up close to 5% under invoice and got exactly the Jeep I wanted with the right option packages in the color I preferred. I used probably one of the highest volume dealers on the west coast and we did the deal over email and 2 phone calls. I think I was at the dealership for about 65 minutes total when I went to sign the purchase agreement and pick it up.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #8
tivoboy

You might not want to drive to CA and drive back, but here in the bay area I was at a dealer on the peninsula and they had 40 Diesels on the lot. Should be willing to make a deal.
tivoboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.