Ordering a 2014 EcoDiesel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Ordering a 2014 EcoDiesel

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsNew jk doors from steinjager

Unread 04-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #1
Jason911
2008 WK 

Ordering a 2014 EcoDiesel

So I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a new 2014 EcoDiesel, to replace my now 6 year-old WK CRD. Through the wonders of the Chrysler ordering system I am able to get exactly what I want and don't want - meaning that I can order a 2014 limited(to get the diesel) but I don't have to get the Luxury package(which is great because I don't want the panoramic sunroof, or any sunroof for that matter), and in doing so will save me about $4000. I still get heated leather seats, they're just not ventilated. I also lose the LED DRLs, rain sensitive wipers, auto high beam/leveling, and the power tilt/telescope steering colum. I will be getting the Off-Road I package, trailer tow, navigation, auto climate control, body-colored mirrors, power driver/flat fold passenger, block heater, Billet silver paint, morocco black interior, 18" tires/wheels. The more I look at it - the more it is like the current WK I have now, but 6 going on 7 years newer, and without 92,000 miles on the odometer. Pricing we still have to agree on, but were in the $41-43k range, including my Tread Lightly discount.

Reason for my going this route is that I absolutly do not want the panoramic greenhouse sunroof, and I'm not getting the ORA II/quadra lift (as much as I want the rear ELSD) because I plan on lifting this WK2 about 2.5 inches over stock(and already have the springs - shipped in from Australia!) 31" tires, some Trailhawk wheels, Trailhawk rock rails and a RRO winch mount/Warn zeon will round out the package. I'm also adding a ARB 37L cooler and slide out drawer/cabinet to the rear. It will be a daily driver, with about 15-17k miles over year planned. If I pull the trigger, I can finally retire out of the WK forum and jump over to this side, and I will do a build thread to add. I'd love to hear the opinions of the group on my planned plans.

Jason911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2014, 07:59 PM   #2
2014RedHemiGC
2014 WK 

Had to order mine as well to avoid the sunroof.
2014RedHemiGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #3
SouthDakota
Jeep Owner Since 2006

2014 WK 

Maybe I just missed the memo... why so much hate on the sunroof? I saw the rattle thread where the frames had to be replaced on some. Is there any other reasons to avoid it?

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
5.7L Hemi V8, Luxury Group II, Navigation
SouthDakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #4
Jason911
2008 WK 

I don't need the glass greenhouse, plus I think that two postings about not wanting a sunroof hardly qualifies as "hate".
Unread 04-13-2014, 07:24 AM   #5
JeepGC6855
2014 WK 

I didn't get a sunroof in mine because in past vehicles, I never opened it and usually closed the sunshade to keep the sun out of my eyes. You also get a little more headroom without it and why pay the extra money for something you don't use.
Unread 04-13-2014, 08:32 AM   #6
jim_in_PA
2012 WK 

If you are ordering and have not done so yet...order banks for MY14 vehicles close next Friday, 18 April. After that date, you will only be able to get what is either on lots or already on order by dealers. MY15 ordering opens in early June.
Unread 04-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #7
SouthDakota
Jeep Owner Since 2006

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGC6855 View Post
I didn't get a sunroof in mine because in past vehicles, I never opened it and usually closed the sunshade to keep the sun out of my eyes. You also get a little more headroom without it and why pay the extra money for something you don't use.
That makes sense. That was my wife's opinion too before we bought this vehicle.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
5.7L Hemi V8, Luxury Group II, Navigation
SouthDakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2014, 09:19 AM   #8
2014RedHemiGC
2014 WK 

Never used mine either on previous vehicles, plus anytime you have a hole in the roof you have less structural rigidity, higher center of gravity due to the extra weight up top, and sunroof drains to keep cleaned out to avoid future leaks. I think the sunroofs look great, just not for me.
2014RedHemiGC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #9
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Panorama is not for everyone, but my rear seat passengers sure like the light and the open feeling. The sunshade is always open, except on the sunniest of days. Off road you probably want a closed roof in case you take a roll. I'm glad they give us some sort of choice, however.

I'm interested in hearing about those springs once they get installed.
Unread 04-13-2014, 09:44 PM   #10
ndicosola
2014 WK 

Jason,

How did you manage to get around not ordering the luxury group? None of the dealers I went to allowed me to do that. Whats the secret? I can do without a few of those ridiculous options.

Thanks....Nick
ndicosola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2014, 07:05 AM   #11
chowner
2014 WK 

Dealers are forcing you to order luxury group?
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #12
Jason911
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_in_PA View Post
If you are ordering and have not done so yet...order banks for MY14 vehicles close next Friday, 18 April. After that date, you will only be able to get what is either on lots or already on order by dealers. MY15 ordering opens in early June.
I appreciate the information - the ordering dealer I chose has guaranteed me that the last day I can order is 2 May 2014. Perhaps different dealers in different regions have options?
Unread 04-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #13
Jason911
2008 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndicosola View Post
Jason,

How did you manage to get around not ordering the luxury group? None of the dealers I went to allowed me to do that. Whats the secret? I can do without a few of those ridiculous options.

Thanks....Nick
I'll send you a PM
Unread 04-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #14
ndicosola
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowner View Post
Dealers are forcing you to order luxury group?
Yup. Both have.....seems the web site forces that option as well. Most of these guys doing the ordering have no clue... They are blindly following where the program leads them....

N
ndicosola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2014, 07:07 AM   #15
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

how much extra is the diesel if you dont get the lux group?
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.