Ordered my 2011 Overland today.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Ordered my 2011 Overland today....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
jonesark

Ordered my 2011 Overland today....

2011 Overland 4x4 Stone White. Added the following options:

Black/New Saddle leather (-XT)
Advanced warning/Adaptive cruise control (ADG)
5.7L V8 MDS VVT Engine (EZH)

I decided to keep the 430N just because I would rather have the Garmin system rather than the "factory" software, I wasn't too impressed with it during a few test drives.

I was told 8-12 weeks and that the V8 is currently on a production freeze. Can't wait to take delivery!!

jonesark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
jimoverland

Congrats!

Any idea why there's a production freeze on the V8?
jimoverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
jonesark

Don't know, they said they didn't know either. Looks like the build date is mid october.
Unread 09-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
jimoverland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesark View Post
Don't know, they said they didn't know either. Looks like the build date is mid october.
Whoa ! That's quite a wait. I wonder if they're re-tooling for the most recent orders to prepare for installion of the remaining accessories (blind spot detection, etc. . .).

I confirmed my status is D1 as of 9/16, so I'm hoping the ball keeps rolling forward, but it would be annoying to be that close to having those features. . .
jimoverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #5
jonesark

Yeah, I just thought I might as well wait and get all the features I wanted than buy right away and regret it later......I honestly am telling myself christmas before I get it!!

Sucks, but it will be worth the wait!

Is there a way to check the status of your build online or do you have to call the dealer? Currently my paperwork says status BA-pending order.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.