Ordered my 2011 Overland today.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Ordered my 2011 Overland today....

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-21-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
jonesark

Ordered my 2011 Overland today....

2011 Overland 4x4 Stone White. Added the following options:

Black/New Saddle leather (-XT)
Advanced warning/Adaptive cruise control (ADG)
5.7L V8 MDS VVT Engine (EZH)

I decided to keep the 430N just because I would rather have the Garmin system rather than the "factory" software, I wasn't too impressed with it during a few test drives.

I was told 8-12 weeks and that the V8 is currently on a production freeze. Can't wait to take delivery!!

jonesark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
jimoverland

Congrats!

Any idea why there's a production freeze on the V8?
jimoverland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #3
jonesark

Don't know, they said they didn't know either. Looks like the build date is mid october.
Unread 09-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
jimoverland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesark View Post
Don't know, they said they didn't know either. Looks like the build date is mid october.
Whoa ! That's quite a wait. I wonder if they're re-tooling for the most recent orders to prepare for installion of the remaining accessories (blind spot detection, etc. . .).

I confirmed my status is D1 as of 9/16, so I'm hoping the ball keeps rolling forward, but it would be annoying to be that close to having those features. . .
jimoverland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
jonesark

Yeah, I just thought I might as well wait and get all the features I wanted than buy right away and regret it later......I honestly am telling myself christmas before I get it!!

Sucks, but it will be worth the wait!

Is there a way to check the status of your build online or do you have to call the dealer? Currently my paperwork says status BA-pending order.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.