Options on 2011 Laredo vs. 2012 Laredo - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Options on 2011 Laredo vs. 2012 Laredo

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 02-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #1

Options on 2011 Laredo vs. 2012 Laredo

Does anyone know if the 2012 Laredo package (non-X) has changed from 2011 to 2012? I'm curious if the remote start, ipod interface and bluetooth were standard on the Laredo package and if any of that stuff has changed to 2012.

Thanks,

10129 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
Justal13
2012 WK 

Yes, the 2012 was de-contented to lower the base MSRP. You will need to order the following 2 packages to get those features:

Customer Preferred Package 26E
Laredo E Group $ 2,000
Power 4-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust
Power 8-Way Driver's Seat
Keyless Enter-N-Go
SiriusXM Satellite Radio w/ 1-Yr Radio
Subscription
For More Information, Call
1-888-539-7474
Bright Side Roof Rails

Security and Convenience Package
$995
U-connect with Bluetooth
Remote Start
Security Alarm (some configurations only)
Garage Door Opener - Homelink
USB port for remote devices in armrest
Auto-dimming rear-view mirror with microphone
115V outlet in rear of center console
Cargo compartment cover
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #3
padgett
2012 WK 

Mine has the $410 MSRP "Uconnect VoiceCommand with Bluetooth" which seems to include just the
U-connect with Bluetooth
USB port for remote devices in armrest
and Auto-dimming rear-view mirror with microphone

Also has the 26E "Laredo E Group" and when I went to the Jeep page, both were required to get the towing package. Does anyone actually pay MSRP ?

BTW be aware that with the V-6 towing group, 2WD cars get the standard suspension and 4WD gets rear load levelling for the same price. They are really playing some games.

Anybody know how to get the autodim to quit dimming at night ? Mirror is nearly useless in low light tconditions.

One of these is a diesel.
Unread 02-21-2012, 03:28 PM   #4
Iamnid
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett
Anybody know how to get the autodim to quit dimming at night ? Mirror is nearly useless in low light tconditions.
Push the button on the bottom of the mirror next to the green light
Iamnid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
Justal13
2012 WK 

OP said they wanted the remote start and U-connect. The $995 package is the only way to get remote start in the Laredo E without the Laredo X upgrade ($5,600). It just happens the Security and Convenience package includs the $410 U-connect with bluetooth package. My auto-dimming mirror works fine, would not be without it. Actually, I miss not having the exterior auto-dimming mirrors on my Laredo X (only available in Limited model and above). And where I live, I would not be without 4x4. That's the primary reason I traded my FWD Ford SUV for the Jeep, besides getting an over-all nicer ride. I am probably the reason this has been one of the least snowy and warmest winter - so far in the midwest. The 4" snowfall last night was the largest for this season.

I absolutely need the towing package.

If I could have gotten the 18" wheel package, 430N media system and backup camera in the Laredo E, I would have purchased that over the Laredo X and saved a few thousand $. I really did not need or want the leather interior, but I am making due....
Justal13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #6
padgett
2012 WK 

Lets just say I got a very good deal on the Laredo demonstrater I first drove and bought four days later: right color and has the towing package. Have added the side rails that a foot does not fit unless sideways and sill plates. Thinking about Katzkins and Body colored grille.

Dealer had added more tinting and cannot see anything out the back at night even with autodim mirror off so may need to add a rear camera.

One of these is a diesel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.