OMG What a great Cruck! 26.4 mpg! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > OMG What a great Cruck! 26.4 mpg!

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #16
Wolfman2332
2013 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekshishekki View Post
Gonna try driving 60-65 mph next time...highest mpg i've gotten was 21mpg going 75mph the whole way...i have no idea how you guys are breaking 25...
That s about what I got when I was in that speed range. Driving back from Balitmore I held a steady 78, and got about 21.5ish. Sweet spot is definitely 60-65, which provided amazing mileage.

Two way is really the only way to get a good average, as the down wind leg saw 27.6, and upwind dropped it.

Wolfman2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #17
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

Wish i could drive it in parking height lol

I need to find some flat highways to drive... That'll be my life goal now...break 25 mpg...hahahaha
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #18
FAUEE
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekshishekki View Post
Wish i could drive it in parking height lol

I need to find some flat highways to drive... That'll be my life goal now...break 25 mpg...hahahaha
Sport mode, and it will automatically drop if you start going like 65mph.
FAUEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #19
Berk483
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUEE View Post
Sport mode, and it will automatically drop if you start going like 65mph.
Sport mode is still higher than park height. Sport mode and Auto mode-above 65mph is Aero height.
Berk483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #20
KickRocks
2013 WK 

Those are fair numbers, especially being you could turn this thing off any part of that road and climb a mountain with it.
KickRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #21
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M View Post
Well heck, we saw 29 mpg indicated for 30 miles or so, but that's too short a distance to believe it would be sustainable.

The 26 mpg we got was for hundreds of miles and verified with a fill up.

No drafting necessary and obviously not all down hill.
Are you finding the EVIC mpg readings pretty accurate when comparing with your own?
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #22
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickinNY View Post
Are you finding the EVIC mpg readings pretty accurate when comparing with your own?
Yes, though that is a pattern for me.

I've always checked mileage on my bikes, which led to checking them on my cars too. I used to datalog everything on my Droid, but tired of taking the time to input it all at every single fill up.

Generally speaking I've found our cars (and the one bike that had had a trip computer with fuel mileage calculator) to usually be within 1 mpg of my calculations (though an occassional discrepancy does come up from time-to-time).

Still, when a discrepancy does surface I tend to believe the computer readings over my calculations since there are additional variables that could call into question my calculations like accuracy of the pump and pump shut-off control/fill level of the tank etc.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #23
JeepWK2R
2012 WK 

Quote:
It's cool, I have no problem disagreeing.

But I don't actually think we are.

And maybe part of the problem is I can get pretty pedantic too.

Honestly, we could spend the evening talking about the definition of an SUV vs a Crossover too.

But here's why we seem to be knocking heads. Neither the OP (by my read) nor myself are claiming it is a car. We're just saying it is car-like in some of its attributes (comfort, quiet cabin, amenities etc).

It's all good though...
Buy me a 6 pack of Sams, and we can talk about whatever!
JeepWK2R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #24
WvTaco
2011 WK 

yea i go great my wife, as this is her suv, not so well plus her commute is 4 miles each way. all city/town.
best tank average for me was 451 mi @ 17.4 gal equaled 25.92 mpg and included over an hour of bumper to bumper traffic.... the worst tank was 17.44 i got towing my atv. but i have a trip up north planned i think i might beat my worst tank.

for some reason i love talking mpg numbers/

throw the talk around a camp fire and hot dogs and im in too.
WvTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #25
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepWK2R View Post
Buy me a 6 pack of Sams, and we can talk about whatever!
Be happy too...open offer.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #26
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Quote:
Yes, though that is a pattern for me.

I've always checked mileage on my bikes, which led to checking them on my cars too. I used to datalog everything on my Droid, but tired of taking the time to input it all at every single fill up.

Generally speaking I've found our cars (and the one bike that had had a trip computer with fuel mileage calculator) to usually be within 1 mpg of my calculations (though an occassional discrepancy does come up from time-to-time).

Still, when a discrepancy does surface I tend to believe the computer readings over my calculations since there are additional variables that could call into question my calculations like accuracy of the pump and pump shut-off control/fill level of the tank etc.
Good to know, thanks. It's my first vehicle with EVIC & I can't say I've played with it too much. I did when I first got it to see what it did/offered, but now I just leave it on 1 setting & enjoy the ride. I think I'm still a little too old school to really get into all the new technology out there. Maybe one of these days...
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #27
Wolfman2332
2013 XJ Cherokee 

I also checked my EVIC milage for accuracy, as prior cars have seemed to have a positive bias (surprise). The 3 times I checked it, it was within .2 MPG of calculated. This is acceptable.

The areo ride height seems to help, and I am using sport mode more. One this I wish it would do is automatically go to park height when you kill the engine on parking. Makes it much easier for us old men.
Wolfman2332 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.