OMG What a great Cruck! 26.4 mpg! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > OMG What a great Cruck! 26.4 mpg!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Wolfman2332
2013 XJ Cherokee 

OMG What a great Cruck! 26.4 mpg!

Just got 4,000 miles on my 2013 Summit V6, and did a 2,400 mile swing from Chicago to Boston to DC and back (college hunt). What an incredible vehicle! I call it a 'cruck' because it is half car half truck. Perfect.

The trip out was excellent, getting 23 mpg at 75+. Just did a real milage test (120 miles, 60 in each direction) and at 65 I recorded an average of 26.4 mpg. WOW! While War Driving is hard on every body, the Jeep made it the most pleasant trip possible. Phenomenal comfort and ride.

AND NO SQUAWKS! I can't believe that I bought a new car and 4,000 mile of no trouble.

Wolfman2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Just no. My Grand Cherokee is definitely not a car much less a "cruck".

Regardless...awesome MPG.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch| KC ProSport HID Hilites

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
Kev M
2012 WK 

Yup, I just got basically the same results on our 2012 Limited on a run to the Outer Banks and back from Philly.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...6-mpg-1501263/

It looks like 60-65 is the upper end of the mph range to max mpg. Pretty impressive though.

And, yes, it's very "car like" in appointments/amenities for sure.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Many pickup trucks also have the same features as a "car". Just because it has certain, "nice"/luxurious features doesn't label it a car these days. Navigation, heated seats and steering wheel, etc can be found on most cars these days. For me, at least, I do not see one bit of a car in a WK2. Maybe in an Explorer.

Not to mention "cruck" just sounds like "crunk" which is a stupid word.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch| KC ProSport HID Hilites

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Many pickup trucks also have the same features as a "car". Just because it has certain, "nice"/luxurious features doesn't label it a car these days. Navigation, heated seats and steering wheel, etc can be found on most cars these days. For me, at least, I do not see one bit of a car in a WK2. Maybe in an Explorer.

Not to mention "cruck" just sounds like "crunk" which is a stupid word.
So what - on all counts.

Honestly, you're just being pedantic.

Sure, you CAN get things like heated leather and GPS and what not on trucks today, but traditionally speaking those are the amenities of luxury CARS or maybe in recent times luxury crossovers.

Once you get into memory seats, mirrors that tilt in reverse, etc you're in the realm of "cars".

Some might also argue a unibody chassis puts it in the realm of cars too, though that seems to be changing in the world of trucks so that may soon be a wash.

OK you could point out that a traditional 4wd arrangment with transfer case would suggest truck.

When I bought my 99 GC QD it was because of 2 major factors - 1. it had the capabilities of a truck, but it definitely drove/handled more car-like than any real truck I'd ever driven. Though I'll admit our WK2 has taken a step backwards (or forwards depending on your desires) and is more truck-like than some previous generations.

Honestly, it's all semantics and I don't really give a crap, but I definitely agree that it is car-like in many features, much more so than what I identify with most "trucks" even today.
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #6
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Oh well. Agree to disagree? I know I am driving an SUV not a car. But I guess I am one of the few that think that.

And yes, I am being pedantic. That is a trait of mine. I am quite meticulous and known for "splitting hairs" and focusing on semantics when I am talking about or looking into something

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Oh well. Agree to disagree? I know I am driving an SUV not a car. But I guess I am one of the few that think that.

And yes, I am being pedantic. That is a trait of mine. I am quite meticulous and known for "splitting hairs" and focusing on semantics when I am talking about or looking into something
It's cool, I have no problem disagreeing.

But I don't actually think we are.

And maybe part of the problem is I can get pretty pedantic too.

Honestly, we could spend the evening talking about the definition of an SUV vs a Crossover too.

But here's why we seem to be knocking heads. Neither the OP (by my read) nor myself are claiming it is a car. We're just saying it is car-like in some of its attributes (comfort, quiet cabin, amenities etc).

It's all good though...
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'm pretty sure they call those half-car-half-truck vehicles "Jeeps". All the capabilities of a truck with the size proportions of a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #9
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M View Post

It's cool, I have no problem disagreeing.

But I don't actually think we are.

And maybe part of the problem is I can get pretty pedantic too.

Honestly, we could spend the evening talking about the definition of an SUV vs a Crossover too.

But here's why we seem to be knocking heads. Neither the OP (by my read) nor myself are claiming it is a car. We're just saying it is car-like in some of its attributes (comfort, quiet cabin, amenities etc).

It's all good though...
Haha yea.

Sent from my underground lair.

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 03-30-2013, 11:00 PM   #10
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

Gonna try driving 60-65 mph next time...highest mpg i've gotten was 21mpg going 75mph the whole way...i have no idea how you guys are breaking 25...
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #11
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Look for those tail winds and always drive down hill Oh and never ever use your brakes, that is just a waste of good momentum.

In my youth I once drafted 18 wheelers on a trip from Pittsburg to Boston and got near 30 mpg with my '69 383 charger ... that was typically a 12-14 mpg vehicle. I wouldn't recommend taking advantage of the draft, however.
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:31 AM   #12
MickinNY
2013 WK 

[QUOTE=Kev M;15220598] Honestly, we could spend the evening talking about the definition of an SUV vs a Crossover too.

No doubt about that. Talk about pedantic when you get that discussion going.....
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #13
FAUEE
2011 WK 

I've seen 26 mpg in my V8 4x4 Overland... but I had a draft behind an Excursion that was going 65 and this was in FLAT Florida. The Jeep is capable of dman impressive fuel economy though considering its heft and size. My old Crossover was much smaller and it could only do 29 mpg, despite having a much smaller/less powerful V6, part time AWD, and 1500 pounds or more less weight. A worthwhile trade off.

It also did about 17 in the city, my Jeep does about 14. Can't really complain there.
FAUEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 04:09 AM   #14
WvTaco
2011 WK 

nice

over about 50 miles.

WvTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:54 AM   #15
Kev M
2012 WK 

Well heck, we saw 29 mpg indicated for 30 miles or so, but that's too short a distance to believe it would be sustainable.

The 26 mpg we got was for hundreds of miles and verified with a fill up.

No drafting necessary and obviously not all down hill.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.