Off roading with the Trailhawk - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Off roading with the Trailhawk

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 12-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #16
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt
Well the maiden voyage was awesome. Jeep was great and no issues. I will post a few pics soon. I did not air down but probably should have. A few roads turned a little rocky and the shocks seemed to slam off of them. At least that is what I assume the loud thud was. Climbed really well, nothing we did was that major. A few trails had some sand as we were in a wash and again no problem. Even did NE small rock climb. There was a little rock shelf in the wash we needed to go up. I was playing with the settings a bit. Tried to go into rock but it wouldn't stay in that setting. Then I tried 4wd lo and that wouldn't stay either. I think I must be doing something wrong. At the end of the day auto setting and 1st gear walked right up the rock. Thanks for all the help.
The EVIC should tell you what to do. 4lo and Rock require that the transmission be set In Neutral. From 4hi in drive shift to N. Push 4lo button. Wait for the transmission to shift into 4lo. The light next to it will illuminate steady. Once shifted into 4lo turn dial to Rock. The light will illuminate steady. Once lit shift to desired gear ie Drive, Reverse. The EVIC will tell you what gear you are in and the require steps to get to certain ones.

Sent from my underground lair.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #17
goin2drt
2013 WK 

Nice. Thanks for the help.
Unread 01-07-2014, 07:23 AM   #18
goin2drt
2013 WK 

Well we went out for our second off road trip over New Years. I have to say I am quite impressed with this Jeep's capabilities. It went everywhere the other folks in our group went no problems.

I created my first GoPro video while we were out. At 8:12 and 10:57 those two maneuvers felt way more hectic then on the video. Maybe it didn't help that my wife closed her eyes.

Also while I put the Jeep in sand mode most of the time and had the QL all the way up I learned that it is not always best. When we got on the more flat rocky road type terrain the Jeep did better all the way down, seemed less harsh.

Enjoy
http://vimeo.com/user24048832/httpvimeocomocotillo2014
Unread 01-07-2014, 10:45 AM   #19
spinxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2drt
Well we went out for our second off road trip over New Years. I have to say I am quite impressed with this Jeep's capabilities. It went everywhere the other folks in our group went no problems. I created my first GoPro video while we were out. At 8:12 and 10:57 those two maneuvers felt way more hectic then on the video. Maybe it didn't help that my wife closed her eyes. Also while I put the Jeep in sand mode most of the time and had the QL all the way up I learned that it is not always best. When we got on the more flat rocky road type terrain the Jeep did better all the way down, seemed less harsh. Enjoy http://vimeo.com/user24048832/httpvimeocomocotillo2014
Nice video...I got a GoPro for Christmas. I can't wait to mount it on the Jeep and take it off road. We have a huge ORV area called Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area opening this spring in Pennsylvania. I can't wait to get up there!
spinxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #20
Trailguide
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinxt View Post
Nice video...I got a GoPro for Christmas. I can't wait to mount it on the Jeep and take it off road. We have a huge ORV area called Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area opening this spring in Pennsylvania. I can't wait to get up there!
Oh wow. I have been monitoring that off road park. I plan a trip out there in July with my 97 XJ. The Jeep Jamobree that is held there sells out in hours, not days. About 4 hours to be exact. That is going to be a great place to have fun. I have a Gropro also. That camera is great.
Trailguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #21
goin2drt
2013 WK 

Check out Feb 28. There is a jamboree at that final 4x4 training facility for the weekend. Should be a huge turn out. We are going back. That one little obstacle is nothing. We drove all around it and there is some serious crazy obstacles. I will post a pic tonight of one that I can't believe a jeep could do.

The GoPro rocks. I downloaded the app and it is amazing you can control it right from your smartphone. The software to make the movie is pretty cool as well.
Unread 01-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #22
goin2drt
2013 WK 

Not sure why this photo keeps getting removed but I will now try for the third time.

Check out this obstacle at the 4X4 park.
img_1868.jpg
Unread 01-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #23
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

I was removing it because it was the size of a billboard.

It is the correct size now. And that is a beast of an obstacle.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.