Nu-chy2 factory chrysler/dodge/jeep unlock interface - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Nu-chy2 factory chrysler/dodge/jeep unlock interface

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #31
radside
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBob View Post
My Overland with the 430N and LockPick works without running the power wire. Rear camera can be turned on just by tapping the Uconnect button twice.
Ditto for the chr550. I believe mrpositraction has the NAVTV brand box vice the lockpick box. I don't know if the NAVTV box works without running a powerwire or not.

radside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #32
CaniacNation
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just installed my Lockpick V3. It came with the necessary software for the 430N installed. Make sure the first switch is in the down position, which is for high-speed communication. The instructions say JGC should use low-speed communication, but they must have switched that with the WK2. If you choose the wrong switch setting, the whole unit will not turn on. I didn't bother with the backup camera override or rear entertainment stuff, just wanted the video in motion and nav input in motion functions, so it literally took 20 minutes to install. Like others here, I placed the Lockpick device on top of the radio compartment...that small space is perfect for it.
CaniacNation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #33
bezlar

I to just installed lockpick V3 I bought off of ebay for $150 and uploaded the latest firmware and works great. No need to power rear camera, it already must be from factory.
bezlar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 06:59 AM   #34
mrpositraction

NAV-TV works. The reverse camera "force on" just has to be enabled in te programming before you install. (you need a computer and internet to do this the 1st time, then you can just hook your computer up to it in the future to make changes). I had to work through some intermittent problems but everything works. Some of the glitches I was seeing was fixed by going back one firmware version and they assure me that the new on coming out this week or next will fix everything I was complaining about. The one complaint I had is the reversce camera wouldn't come on all the time.

Install was cake and I don't have to do anything to activate it. If anyone gets one of these, keep in mind, if you update in the vehicle, you have to wait until everything powers down (5 minutes or more, and opening a door will re power everything) before updating, otherwise it won't connect.

Happy camper so far.
Unread 01-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #35
radside
2011 WK 

Cool, happy it worked out for you. I have the Nav-TV in my JK and have worked with Suzanne in the past...she's good to work with.
20 inch SRT Rep w/275 45/20 tires
MOPAR chrome side steps
Unread 01-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #36
bluehorizons
2011 WK 

hey does anyone know if it is possible or how difficult it might be to add the forward-looking and/or BLIS cameras? Seems like the system will support it but didn't think that those cameras even came as an option (after watching some of the install / features movies on their site).

Thx.
bluehorizons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2011, 01:36 AM   #37
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I am going to bump this.

Can you please PM me with the link to the write-up. I will recopy it here properly as a thread (giving you credit of course) and linking it in the info compilation thread I am putting together. Now that you have had it for a while, any feedback?

I am talking about the Lockpick V3. I see it is less than $200 which is better than all of the others.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #38
lweisenb

I went with the CHR550 instead of the Lockpick V3, picked it up on ebay for 289 and it includes the additional video cable, allows front cam/turn cams, and 2 additional video inputs and an additional ipod input. Install was pretty easy though the grey cable had some pins that needs to be aligned properly (seems to be a common problem). The CHR unit is larger then the Lockpick but comes with a longer cable, I was able to route the unit down to the floor around the console and now have easy access to it in the future through the said console panel on the passenger side. All in all the install took less then 30 minutes, will get at least a front camera installed sometime when we get warmer weather.
lweisenb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #39
BigMikeATL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Does the lockpick v3 work with the 730N?
BigMikeATL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #40
prepreludesh
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeATL View Post
Does the lockpick v3 work with the 730N?
I'm wanting to know the same thing! I hate the fact you can't input new directions in the NAV as you drive. As for the DVD entertainment as the vehicle moves, that would be awesome to have during long, boring drives along I-25.
Unread 04-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #41
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

Does installing any devices like this void any factory warranties? Looking at getting the Lockpick V3 for ours so we can watch movies in motion and input the addresses while in motion.
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #42
2011Hemi
2011 WK 

Has anybody added a second video input to one of these devices? I would like to add a rear view camera to the back of a box trailer. Second question, if I can add a rear view camera on the trailer can I set it up that it comes on in reverse instead of the one on the Jeep?
2011Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 04:48 AM   #43
IndyBob
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepOrvis97 View Post
Does installing any devices like this void any factory warranties? Looking at getting the Lockpick V3 for ours so we can watch movies in motion and input the addresses while in motion.
It might on the radio and NAV unit but if I were taking mine in for service on a problem with the radio or related parts I would take my LockPick off before hand. It just plugs in so there would be no noticeable signs it was ever there.
IndyBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #44
CaniacNation
2013 JK Wrangler 

Well what was once working fine now is not. I installed the Lockpick V3 for my 430N head unit and it worked fine for 3 months (except in Nav mode the current speed would always display 0MPH). Then the other day the whole system just went dead...black screen. The next morning it started up fine and was working normally. That afternoon it died again. Got home and took out the Lockpick and everything works fine.

Any ideas? Do I need to update firmware? How do I do that? Thanks!
CaniacNation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #45
radside
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacNation View Post
Well what was once working fine now is not. I installed the Lockpick V3 for my 430N head unit and it worked fine for 3 months (except in Nav mode the current speed would always display 0MPH). Then the other day the whole system just went dead...black screen. The next morning it started up fine and was working normally. That afternoon it died again. Got home and took out the Lockpick and everything works fine.

Any ideas? Do I need to update firmware? How do I do that? Thanks!
http://www.coastaletech.com/usbupdate.htm
20 inch SRT Rep w/275 45/20 tires
MOPAR chrome side steps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.