Nu-chy2 factory chrysler/dodge/jeep unlock interface - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Nu-chy2 factory chrysler/dodge/jeep unlock interface

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-31-2010, 08:07 AM   #16
radside
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpositraction View Post
Anyone use this yet?
I installed it a couple of weeks ago. See link below for the writeup. My experience is all features work as advertised except I haven't tested the rear view cam yet. I removed the dash the same way as the OP...about a 20 sec job.

Edit...looks like I can't post a link to my writeup and if I violate a forum rul trying to do so, I apologize.

http://www.**********.org/showthread.php?t=16454

radside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2010, 08:44 AM   #17
mrpositraction

could you email me the link?

mrpositraction@gmail.com

It won't let me open it.
Unread 12-31-2010, 10:24 AM   #18
radside
2011 WK 

Quote:
could you email me the link?

mrpositraction@gmail.com

It won't let me open it.
Link sent.
Unread 12-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #19
IndyBob
2011 WK 

Once I had it installed it would not work. NAV address input was still grayed out. I called them and they said they were working on a software / firmware update. On December 13th the new update was on their site. I downloaded it and updated the LockPick and I am a happy Jeeper now.

Address input while moving works fine

Rear backup camera works in any gear, not just reverse.

I can watch a DVD while moving.
IndyBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2010, 03:00 PM   #20
volvite
1999 WJ 

Nice. Now you can use the full function of your dvd/camera/nav.
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2011, 11:48 AM   #21
urnzway

mrpositraction - Thanks for the heads up on the discount and the pics of the radio trim. I called Suzanne a couple of days ago and ordered the unlock interface - looking forward to getting that in there ASAP!
urnzway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 08:49 AM   #22
CaniacNation
2013 JK Wrangler 

So the Lockpick V3 will work with the MyGig 430N unit?
CaniacNation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #23
IndyBob
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaniacNation View Post
So the Lockpick V3 will work with the MyGig 430N unit?
Yes it will. I have it installed in mine. I had to update the firmware in the LockPick but I would think the new units are shipping with the update installed.
Unread 01-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #24
matikos98
2008 WK 

radside can you email me the link tlmatiko@yahoo.com

Thank you!

This is Sold but you can still look.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/m...2/#post7807352
matikos98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #25
CaniacNation
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks IndyBob, I ordered mine online today and will install it this weekend. Hopefully all goes well!
CaniacNation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #26
radside
2011 WK 

Lockpick chr550 writeup

Here's a copy/paste of the writeup I did on another forum for those interested. Sorry, the pictures didn't come through.

LOCKPICK CHRY550 INSTALL

Tools needed. Electrical tape, 7mm socket or nut driver, flashlight, trim remover(optional)
Lockpick instructions – go to the Coastal Etech website and read their instructions and watch the install video to get an idea of what you will be doing. They give a good overview and some details but are not specific to the WK2. This install is for the Lockpick chr550 but applies to the regular lockpick as well (minus the ipod cable)

Bezel removal – you can spend 30 seconds by grabbing the bezel from the bottom and pulling or you can spend 5 or more minutes using the trim stick and prying the bezel off. I chose to use the 30 sec method and it is described as follows. Open the door to the center stack cubby. Reach above door and grap bezel from behind bezel. Pull bezel out from bottom. Work your way around from bottom to the top by pulling the bezel until it pops loose. Work you way around the entire bezel doing this until it is completely free from the dash. Don’t worry, it will not break. It has plastic clips that will come off before the bezel breaks.

Bezel harness – The AC/Htr controls have two wire harness connected to the back. Remove these harness by pushing on the quick disconnect clip and pull the harnesses free. Put the harness in a safe place like the back seat floor.

Radio removal – There are 4 screws securing the radio. Use the 7mm socket or nut driver and remove the four screws. Grab the radio by the metal housing rand ease it out. There are 2 large harnesses, 1 small harness, and two antenna cables on the back of the radio. All harnesses and cables are connected to the radio by quick disconnect connectors. Push the quick disconnect clips and disconnect all harnesses and cables from the radio.

Progress status/Observation - At this point, the center stack should be completely exposed. Behind the radio you will see a metal housing towards the firewall. It holds the back of the radio and the harnesses. Note that the bottom of the metal housing is recessed in the bottom which provides additional room for storing the extra lockpick wiring. There is also an opening at the very back of the housing which allows you to pack some of the wiring as well. You will need to do this in order to push the radio back during reinstallation.

Lockpick wireharness - Connect the wk2 harness and the lockpick harness connectors. Connect the Grey to grey and white to white. These connectors only fit one way so you can’t connect them to the wrong connector. However, check the pins in the female connector to ensure that they are all straight. If any of them are bent, the connectors will not full seat. Run the lockpick multip-pin connector (looks like a PC ide cable connector) from the back and above the metal housing towards the dash opening. Connect it to the lockpick box. It should connect on the right side box towards the firewall. The USB and iPod cables should connect on the dash opening side of the lockpick box. Connect these now. I used electrical tape around the USB cable and the lockpick box to ensure that it stays put. Push the box up into the dash. It will sit above the radio just under the dash board. I ran both cables to the left and over the left vent housing and snake it down into the cubby. There is an opening in the top part of the cubby on both sides that allow the cables to run into it without drilling holes. The only other place that I thought would be good for running the cables is if you want to run your cables towards the passenger seat floorboard area under the dash. Shine the flashlight up from the under the dash to find a cable path.

Lockpick – The lockpick box is pretty big and there are only a few places to install it in the dash in the radio area. I chose to put the box right above the radio. The lockpick box has to be positioned with the multi-pin connector towards the firewall and the USB and iPod cables towards the dash/radio front and on the right of the lockpick box.
Connect the harness to the radio and put the radio back into the dash. There is a lot of cables behind the radio so you will have to push it back of the housing and down into recess area to allow enough room for the radio to go back in to the housing. Test the radio before inserting the screws. If everything powers up and you get sound, you can put everything back again.
Unread 01-05-2011, 04:23 PM   #27
bluehorizons
2011 WK 

This all looks pretty sweet, and thanks for the installation info. My main question is what, if anything, does installing this do to the factory warranty? Does it in any way void something out? Seems that really all you would be doing is adding an aftermarket part, no different than a hard-wired ipod connector or something, and not replacing any factory parts. Any thoughts? Thanks. Matt
bluehorizons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #28
radside
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehorizons View Post
This all looks pretty sweet, and thanks for the installation info. My main question is what, if anything, does installing this do to the factory warranty? Does it in any way void something out? Seems that really all you would be doing is adding an aftermarket part, no different than a hard-wired ipod connector or something, and not replacing any factory parts. Any thoughts? Thanks. Matt
I honestly haven't looked at potential warranty issues. It comes out pretty easily and doesn't leave any evidence behind if you need to take your GC in for servicing. It is an online install, it does not replace factory parts.
Unread 01-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #29
mrpositraction

Anyone hooked up reverse camera yet? Did you have to run a power wire to the camera? I was told by NAV-TV yesterday that some cameras are starting to come powered by the accessories and now power wire would be necessary. I am going to re-configure mine tonight and see if I can run the camera without an additional 12V power source, otherwise I will probably do without it.

1st thought was install was easy. I am still learning how to use it. I have confirmed video works while driving. I can't enter NAV function while driving but I was messing with the programming before I installed it, so I need to go back today and make sure I have it enabled. (I have to re-program it anyways to force the rear camera on for my experiment).
Unread 01-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #30
IndyBob
2011 WK 

Quote:
Anyone hooked up reverse camera yet? Did you have to run a power wire to the camera? I was told by NAV-TV yesterday that some cameras are starting to come powered by the accessories and now power wire would be necessary. I am going to re-configure mine tonight and see if I can run the camera without an additional 12V power source, otherwise I will probably do without it.

1st thought was install was easy. I am still learning how to use it. I have confirmed video works while driving. I can't enter NAV function while driving but I was messing with the programming before I installed it, so I need to go back today and make sure I have it enabled. (I have to re-program it anyways to force the rear camera on for my experiment).
My Overland with the 430N and LockPick works without running the power wire. Rear camera can be turned on just by tapping the Uconnect button twice.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.