Nu-chy2 factory chrysler/dodge/jeep unlock interface - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Nu-chy2 factory chrysler/dodge/jeep unlock interface

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGPoison Spyder Ricochet RockersROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 12-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #1
mrpositraction

Wk Nu-chy2 factory chrysler/dodge/jeep unlock interface

Anyone use this yet?

Unread 12-28-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
wjs81866

Too affraid to take console apart
Quadra Trac 2
Lux Group 2
20" tires and rims
Towing package

2) 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X
Blackberry Pearl
5.7L
Quadra Drive 2
Quadra Lift
Laredo X Group 25 package
Chrome Fogs and Mirrors
Off-Road Adventure II Package
P265/60R18 Michelin LTX M/S 2's
BWoody 4" Velocity Intake
wjs81866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
mrpositraction

Taking the console apart doesn't scare me, I just want to make sure it works. I asked the LockPic guys and they responded with they didn't verify that it works on the 2011 Cherokee yet and I should check back in a couple months (even though they have it advertised on the their website, that starts out on a bad note).
Unread 12-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #4
CTO1
2011 WK 

I had never even heard of that product before. But is that all it can really do? I'd be more interested in something that can allow me to play videos from my iPod. The only thing I know of that can is a Kenwood stereo, but I'm don't want to have to replace the 430N.
CTO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #5
mrpositraction

I am not looking for addition features, I just want to unlock what is available. I just went on a 1500 mile trip and would have really liked to have:

DVD capability for my sone in the back and the wife in the passenger seat
Rear view camera ability while driving (a couple jack holes were pretty close at stop lights)
Entering new directions while driving or viewing turn by turn directions (it lets you see only so many pages)
Unread 12-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
mrpositraction

I asked if this would work and if they have sold many of these units and this is what they said:

Dear glmr34,

Hi yes this will work on your vehicle, this will allow you to unlock the DVD if you have one and also have the reverse camera on at anytime while in Drive. We have sold many of these and have no problems what so ever.

Thanks
Rich

- elektech.1
Unread 12-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
mrpositraction

Now I just need someone to try one so I can get one
Unread 12-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
urnzway

I am looking at the unlock interface by navtv - I did call them to confirm it does work on the 2011 RER. Here is a link in case you are curious : http://navtv.com/product/174/allgig-xg-hs.html

The only thing I am waiting on is to find out exactly how the console comes apart so I don't snap anything. The wiring will be straight forward once I can get the console off. If anyone has instructions they can provide on how to remove the console to get to the radio it would be much appreciated.
urnzway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #9
mrpositraction

I called Suzanne at 954-756-4904 M-F 9-6PM EST about the NAV-TV
She is offering 10% discounts if you say you saw them on the RaptorForumz. They do allow movie in motion and nav operation in motion. She said to use the rear camera you will have to re-wire it (for use while not in reverse).

There price is a little higher ($289 for the unit, $64 for the A/V cables to add rear dvd and then take 10% off if orderd through her).

I am going to look at both more closely. The inability to change the NAV while in motion is gettning to me.
Unread 12-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #10
mrpositraction

Screw-it. I asked them a couple questions about the bluetooth options and install. She gave me a guys name to contact. I went ahead an ordered the NAV-TV. Seemed like the product was better and the customer service spoke fluent english which was a plus

I will update everyone with pictures.

Thanks,
Greg
Unread 12-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #11
CTO1
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpositraction View Post
Screw-it. I asked them a couple questions about the bluetooth options and install. She gave me a guys name to contact. I went ahead an ordered the NAV-TV. Seemed like the product was better and the customer service spoke fluent english which was a plus

I will update everyone with pictures.

Thanks,
Greg
I'll be interested to see how your installation goes. That product seems to have a few more features than the other one you mentioned. The optional A/V input is what I would be interested in for use with an iPod.
CTO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
mrpositraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO1 View Post
I'll be interested to see how your installation goes. That product seems to have a few more features than the other one you mentioned. The optional A/V input is what I would be interested in for use with an iPod.
That is what sold me. I want the ability to add DVD to the back later (headrest) and if I can send a video signal from the front unit that will be great.

Should have it middle next week.
Unread 12-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #13
mrpositraction

Well, I had to run an errand outside of work so when I got in I thought of how easy it was in my 2006 Jeep GC SRT8 to remove the dash trim to get the radio out....

That easy

I had to work my way around the trim with my fingers but it popped right out. Then the radio was held in by 4 bolts.

Intsall should be a breeze
Unread 12-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #14
IndyBob
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpositraction View Post
Taking the console apart doesn't scare me, I just want to make sure it works. I asked the LockPic guys and they responded with they didn't verify that it works on the 2011 Cherokee yet and I should check back in a couple months (even though they have it advertised on the their website, that starts out on a bad note).
LockPick V3 works fine on my 2011 Overland. The install is pretty simple.
IndyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2010, 05:51 AM   #15
mrpositraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBob View Post
LockPick V3 works fine on my 2011 Overland. The install is pretty simple.
Did you just try it or did they tell you it would work? THis is the response I got from them on December 10th of this year:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for your inquiry. Unfortunately at this time your 2011 Jeep GC is not on the approved list of vehicles that work with the LockPick product. However, we are always adding new makes and models to the lineup. I would recommend checking back with us within a couple of months to ensure compatibility with your particular vehicle. Thanks again and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

--
Please let me know if I may assist you further.
Brett
Coastal Electronics
Support@coastalEtech.com
www.CoastalEtech.com
1-800-507-2234

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.