No Push-Button start?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > No Push-Button start??

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 02-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
RageOfFury
2011 WK 

No Push-Button start??

The Laredo "E" I'm in the middle of buying has no push-button start. I thought all WK2's came with this feature?? It does have remote start though, could that be why?

Salesperson told me that Jeep has been changing features/options like crazy since the WK2 was launched that he doesn't know why the model I'm looking at doesn't have remote start.

RageOfFury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
WK2011
2011 WK 

I think its because its an E package it doesn't come with push button start. I'm actually surprised it has remote start.
WK2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
RageOfFury
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK2011 View Post
I think its because its an E package it doesn't come with push button start. I'm actually surprised it has remote start.
I was reading the owner's manual and it clearly states that some models have the push button, others don't. Doesn't say why though.

It has remote start because it has the Security & Convenience Group package

The salesperson admitted that Jeep has been changing features/options so much that it's become a real pain in the...
Unread 02-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
Brady12

It was my understanding all WK2's came with push button start. Canada may be different. I would see if there are any other WK2's on the lot that are E's and see what they have.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
boldd

According to the brochure I downloaded from Jeep.ca, every WK2 at all levels (incl. Laredo E) is to have push-button ignition.
boldd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
RageOfFury
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldd View Post
According to the brochure I downloaded from Jeep.ca, every WK2 at all levels (incl. Laredo E) is to have push-button ignition.
Yeah, I know, my brochure says that as well. However the Canadian owner's manual says that some models have it, others don't. Why? no clue. Even the salesperson couldn't tell me why.

I don't really mind though, never had push-button start before so it ain't missing much. Definitely not a dealer-breaker.

Was just wondering if anyone has heard about this.
Unread 02-11-2011, 04:19 AM   #7
WK2011
2011 WK 

If it says some with and some without then more than likely it’s the early ones that don't have due to a shortage of initial stock. This happens in the lower end vehicles that seem to get shorted first....then once stock gets back up they put them in all of them. I'm willing to bet you have an early build date/lower number serial number for Canada? It may be a Canada thing where they changed some things for the Canada vehicles.
WK2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2011, 09:44 AM   #8
the1jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageOfFury View Post
I was reading the owner's manual and it clearly states that some models have the push button, others don't. Doesn't say why though.

It has remote start because it has the Security & Convenience Group package

The salesperson admitted that Jeep has been changing features/options so much that it's become a real pain in the...
The salesperson is right about that. Chances are we know more than they do when it comes to current available options and upcoming features. (like the 730N rhr radio for example)
the1jake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #9
pato1031
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have yet to see any 2011 WKs without the push button start. I would look at the build date and the window sticker. If it's on the window sticker it has it. The actual push button isn't actually put in until the Jeep hits the dealer and it goes thru PDI(pre delivery inspection).

I'd look for the button in the glove box or center console. All you have to do is pop it in. If it's on the sticker make the dealer put it in.
pato1031 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #10
JTS97Z28

They all have it, the dealership just hasnt installed the push start button. Originally they were all delivered without the start button and the dealership had to place it in there. Apparently it just clicks in place.

Dont worry yours has it they just didnt put it in yet.

James
JTS97Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #11
MONSooNmonkey
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I know why...
Cause you're in Canada.....buying an American made vehicle that was probably assembled by canadians.
Unread 02-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #12
RageOfFury
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
They all have it, the dealership just hasnt installed the push start button. Originally they were all delivered without the start button and the dealership had to place it in there. Apparently it just clicks in place.

James
Thanks for the info, I'll mention that.
Unread 02-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
cutiger

I have a question regarding the push button start. If the battery in the fob dies, does the push button start still work? I'm worried how I would start the vehicle if the fob battery is dead?
cutiger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #14
Brady12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutiger View Post
I have a question regarding the push button start. If the battery in the fob dies, does the push button start still work? I'm worried how I would start the vehicle if the fob battery is dead?
There is a key inside your fob that opens the door.
If you flip off the cap of the push start on the dash of the vehicle you can put the end of your key fob in it and use it as a key to start the car.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #15
mchassler
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post

James
My Limited arrived without the button, I was furious. The dealership took a button from another WK2 on the lot and I was good to go. It did just click into place. It comes right out as well incase you need to perform a traditional start, e.g. dead keyfob battery.
1998 ZJ, Mopar Crate V8, Custom 9" Lift w/ 35" BFG MTs (sold Dec '08)
mchassler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.