No more negotiating? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > No more negotiating?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 02-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #16
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

If you're willing to make a small trip for it, call Friendship Chrysler in Bristol TN - Ask for Anthony. Let him price it to you and explain the situation (distance, etc), make the deal before the trip.

2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
hur1ey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
NDSU_Bison
2014 WK 

They will be much happier to cut you a deal on the 2013s and better deals might be available in a few months once those are gone.

If you work for a large company, check to see if they have some type of discount. I work for GE and can get the same 1% below invoice price as a Chrysler affiliate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAWS600 View Post
They wanna get rid of the 13's to make room for the new model. They think they can get msrp from you because you don't know any better. Find a different dealer, make them an offer, and hold your ground. I bet you could at least get invoice less rebates. You might even be able to do a bit better. Good luck!
NDSU_Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #18
kkuntz01
2012 JK Wrangler 

Depending on the dealer or the region, it can be tough to wheel and deal on the price of a hot selling vehicle as some dealers are less inclined to negotiate. Part of the reason you're not seeing much in the way of discounts or incentives offered on the Grand Cherokee or even the Wranglers for that matter.

As some have mentioned, a low cost/low hassle way to pay a little below invoice is signing up for Treadlightly. It looks like the base membership where you get the Chrysler Affiliates discount increased to $100. The $100 is tax deductible and you don't have to go through any headaches trying to negotiate a fair price.

Treadlightly Membership
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #19
jeepowner13
2012 WK 

I bot a '12 GC Ov Summ at the end of last year for 6500 under MSRP. They are advertising remaining '13's for 4-5k off MSRP now - decent inventory, too. Ed Voyles in ATL - their webite shows them all
jeepowner13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #20
mpuzach
2012 WK 

I know this doesn't help you since we're in different parts of the country but...I bought my GC Limited for $500 under invoice from a dealer in northern Washington. That was with zero haggling or negotiating. After we struck the deal, I threw them a curve in the form of a trade. They gave me $1500 over "Outstanding" KBB value, I guess they were content to settle for the holdback money less $500. My only point is that there are definitely dealers out there who are willing to deal on these vehicles. Good luck.
mpuzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 12:58 PM   #21
JeepJeep2012
2012 WK 

You are not that far from Knoxville TN Jim Coggle Jeep will Deal... So will the Jeep Dealer in Morristown, TN
JeepJeep2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #22
w1pf
Who, me?

2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyvan View Post
I had to scroll up to remind me why are we arguing about this....lol.
because dealers are clueless scum.

I'm generalizing, of course, but as is often true when I generalize, I don't care (credit to Dave Barry)
Red WK #19, Hemi #68.. I think..
Durango Owners Club DOTY 2011
-------
"Must have been that yesterday was the day that I was born"
w1pf is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.