No backup camera/sensors on NEW Altitudes? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > No backup camera/sensors on NEW Altitudes?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 04-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
lwesley28
2012 WK 

No backup camera/sensors on NEW Altitudes?

Do the new 2014 Altitudes not come with a backup camera/sensors? Is this available as a dealer option?

lwesley28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
eibyer

I believe it doesn't come with it because I've seen a few posts already asking if it's possible to add
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
polizei

Go to the Jeep website and look at the "standard features" of the Altitude vs. Limited. While I love the look of the Altitude, I chose the Limited instead. The deal-breaker for me was the factory installed backup camera (with sensors), and the 2nd row heated seats.

Keep in mind there are certain options that you CANNOT get on an Altitude, like the Hemi/Diesel, ORA packages, LuxII, etc (at least on the Jeep website).
polizei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #4
ZX-10R
2014 WK 

Never liked the blacked out look so it was limited or bust. My motorcycle is black

I don't think it comes with it. After cost cutting decisions. Limited and no less was the way to go due to huge differences.
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2014, 11:41 PM   #5
jeepLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwesley28 View Post
Do the new 2014 Altitudes not come with a backup camera/sensors? Is this available as a dealer option?
I got www.NavTool.com installed on my car and connected camera, 100% like factory
jeepLA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #6
chowner
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepLA View Post
I got www.NavTool.com installed on my car and connected camera, 100% like factory
What's the price of beans in China today?
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2014, 11:49 AM   #7
ZX-10R
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofsteel
Meh ...for me I knew I'd be able to add the OEM camera and sensors for ~5-600 in time so that wasn't enough to justify spending the extra few K for a limited. Also the Limited comes with gray plastic lowers and faux chrome instead of body color like the Altitudes so it was a no brainer for me.
Went limited because if you do something you do it right. Base cars allow you to do things that cost time and money. My time is a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
ZX-10R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #8
jimb0JP

They must of removed some options/features from the 2014 Altitudes that were standard or options in the previous years, as my 2012 Altitude has both the Hemi and the back-up camera. Also I noticed that the new Altitudes no longer have the blacked out grille. I do like the sharkfin antenna on the new Grand Cherokees though, so I upgraded mine with one of the aftermarket sharkfin antenna, and the reception is just as good as it was with the factory antenna.
jimb0JP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2014, 12:22 AM   #9
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX-10R View Post
Went limited because if you do something you do it right. Base cars allow you to do things that cost time and money. My time is a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Well if that's your logic, why didn't you get an Overland? altitude's are base? so I guess my Trailhawk is "base" then, oh darn...
Unread 06-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #10
crooza172

You can get the backup camera and sensors installed. I got both done on my altitude. It wasn't worth going to the limited, which I like less, for like 3-4k more. Camera and sensors cost 800 installed.
crooza172 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 11:10 AM   #11
JeepGCForMe21

Crooza172,
I'm interested in some details on your backup cam install...looking to have the same thing done on my Altitude. It's kinda confusing shopping online, not getting a clear story. Some questions:

-Is yours integrated in the back Jeep frame piece? Did you have to get new one? Or is it a license plate frame cam?

-Does it integrate with the uConnect screen?

-Were parking assist sensors drilled and installed in the rear bumper? Did you do front ones as well? Do those integrate to the parking assist system or do they operate independently?

-Did a Jeep dealer do the installation?

Just want to do it right. Thanks in advance!
JeepGCForMe21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #12
crooza172

The camera was installed and looks identical to the factory. It works through the unconnected screen but had to pay the dealer to activate it. The dealer stated it looked identical to the factory model which leads me to believe it's the Mopar 2013 camera. I will try and get more info.
Unread 06-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #13
crooza172

Just the rear Mopar sensors were installed.
Unread 06-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #14
overland_HO
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofsteel View Post
Funny because there were 2 responses including mine stating the same thing that were for some reason deleted by the moderator.

They choose to keep his ignorant post.
I agree. Some people just amaze me on their arrogant comments. What does it matter, people get what they can get/want, as long as they are happy who the hek cares.
Unread 06-29-2014, 02:22 PM   #15
pgofman
2014 WK 

Didn't want to post the same message twice but I found out some more info on the camera issue. Don't know if its accurate or not.

In case you want to read my original post. Forgot to post it in here.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...25/index4.html
pgofman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.