New York Auto Show: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > New York Auto Show: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
robbversion1

New York Auto Show: 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

Here's the reveal over at autoblog

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/20/2...w-york-reveal/

**drool**

robbversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
fleuger99
2011 WK 

It is cool but not something I'd ever consider buying. It does neither on-road or off-road super well as one would expect from a big heavy SUV with a setup for road use.
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
robbversion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleuger99 View Post
It is cool but not something I'd ever consider buying. It does neither on-road or off-road super well as one would expect from a big heavy SUV with a setup for road use.
its more for those that like their speed in a straight line. 0-60 in 4.8 secs is nothing to sneeze at, especially from a 5000+ lb SUV
Unread 04-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #4
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

Here's more pics(http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...884.7037526514), honestly, I like the old SRT-8 better.
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
robbversion1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepOrvis97 View Post
Here's more pics(http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...884.7037526514), honestly, I like the old SRT-8 better.
yea...this one looks a little like an oversized compass
Unread 04-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #6
poops

Meh... I'd take an Overland, please.
poops is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
fleuger99
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poops View Post
Meh... I'd take an Overland, please.
Trust me, rather get a Limited and avoid the QL
Unread 04-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
JVBW0527
2012 WK 

Ha! that's how i feel after reading alot of other posts on here about problems with the QL. I'm definitely getting a Limited!.....
JVBW0527 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbversion1 View Post
yea...this one looks a little like an oversized compass
When I first saw it on facebook I thought it WAS a compass at first and then I actually read the caption.

Does anybody like it? Even the front looks a little "smiley" it needs to look more aggressive.
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
CMac019
2003 WJ 

The more I look at it the less I like it.... It's nice, but they should have done way better.
Unread 04-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #11
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Think I'll chime in on this one... of course most of us here would prefer and overland or limited over the SRT8. We, well... most of us.. have an offroad bias. But speaking from a purely objective stand-point it looks very good. It's aggressive and a lot of work has gone into it. Yes, the Compass looks like it - but the compass look-a-like won't be pushing <5's 0-60's. Also, very few people actually know what the thing is capable of doing off-road and on-road - I've read the articles, there is no true synthesis of it's capabilities beyond what EVERYONE already knows. So any speculation as to what it's capable of doing outside of that... is just that, pure speculation. You also can't have the best of both worlds. You can't climb mountains and move at the speed of light. The suspension in this thing is different, the brakes are different the 4x4 is different, dang thing is lowered, a lot is different. Anyone who expects the SRT8 to perform half as well offroad as it does on-road is being rather naive

Having said that!

The Grand Cherokee has ALWAYS been 'the Jack of all trades, and a master of none" The different trims (laredo, limited overland, and SRT8 etc.) - are merely varying Jacks. Though, if had the money to blow.. I'd definitely have a few of these 'Jacks' in my garage.

OH! I should also point out that there aren't 'a lot' of people posting about problems with QL. But, there are a lot of posts by a handful of the same posters. Over 3100 QL equipped WK's have been sold thus far.
Unread 04-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #12
warrior99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

6.4L HEMI
[z] . [z]--O-[z]
warrior99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #13
shmoods
2014 WK 

I think the interior, wheels, and exhaust look pretty sweet but I purchased my JGC for Snow and off road capabilities.
Unread 04-21-2011, 12:25 AM   #14
volvite
1999 WJ 

I actually like it. The only thing I'm disappointed in, is still no LED tail lights.
volvite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #15
JeremiahB

I like it, just not as much as I thought I would. I was definitely hoping for better wheels.....
JeremiahB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.