NEW SHOES for my WK2!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > NEW SHOES for my WK2!!!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #16
sac01
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisDog1 View Post
Sac - one more thing- are you worried at all about a squatted look in the rear? That's whats got me wondering about going with the lift. The guy at RRO when I called him to get some info told me that some people are really happy with the level but others have complained that it raises the front end slightly too much.
He recommended that I go full lift. It's a lot more money, but I didn't get the impression that he was trying to drive up the price of the sale. He seemed to be giving me his honest opinion.
I have seen a few leveling kits on the WK2's and haven't seen one yet that looks squatty. This may change a little bit when going down the road but I have also read enough reviews on this to determine that it isn't really an issue. It may squat a tad bit under heavy acceleration but shouldn't be that noticeable if at all under normal driving circumstances.

sac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #17
sac01
2011 WK 

RRO Leveling Kit Installed!

As promised, here are some updated pics of my WK2 with leveling kit installed...You can tell that there is more clearance up front for the 275/55r20 Terra Grapplers. Before the lift I was able to find some spots in a dipping highway where the right tire would slightly rub the felt liner just on the inside of the black fender trim but the leveling kit has solved all that. I do notice a slightly stiffer ride, esepcially over abrupt bumps like speed bumps but the handling characteristics remain the same overall, at least in my opinion.
Unread 06-05-2013, 06:39 AM   #18
sac01
2011 WK 

Sorry, the original file size was too large and didn't notice the error message...Let's try again.
wk2-level-side.jpg   wk2-level-front.jpg  
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #19
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

Looks much better with the lift kit...guess i wont get 55 after all since i have QL. The front looks too un-natural to me.
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #20
sac01
2011 WK 

At some angles it does look like the front is higher than the back but you have to keep in mind the front wheel well is bigger than the rear so it's sort of an illusion. I have measured and the front actually sits just lower than the rear by a hair. It is also exaggerated when you park facing an incline giving it a squatty look but again, it's an illusion and the fender wells are nearly dead even.
Unread 06-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #21
OtisDog1
2012 WK 

Sac - I've got mine on order and should have it by the end of the week. How tough was the installation?

I think it looks good by the way. From the pictures that you posted, it doesn't look squatted. Any more angles you have to post?
OtisDog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #22
sac01
2011 WK 

Quote:
Sac - I've got mine on order and should have it by the end of the week. How tough was the installation?

I think it looks good by the way. From the pictures that you posted, it doesn't look squatted. Any more angles you have to post?
It wasn't too bad...Having a BIL who's a great mechanic sure did help. The instructions that come with the kit are pretty adequate. However, I would disagree with the point where it states that it may be easier to install the kit with the vehicle on the ground vs. on a lift. Fortunately my BIL was able to use his shop during non-business hours to get it done. I would say, in using that method, that allow the springs to fully decompress and then getting those out and back in was the worst part, followed by cutting the studs at the top of the assemby to allow more room for the spacers. All in all it took just over 3 hours to get it done and my BIL did most of the work. It was also a plus to use the aligment machine (which wasn't needed after all) and not having to pay $90 to do an aligment.

I don't have any more angles to post and the wife has the jeep today. If you want more pics of a specific angle just let me know and I'll post 'em up later today or as soon as time allows.
Unread 06-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #23
OtisDog1
2012 WK 

Sounds good. My kit just showed up. I talked to a front end shop today that seems pretty confident they can handle the job. They want $75 per hour labor so maybe $200-$300 by the time they align it?

If you do get a chance to put up a few more shots, a direct side view included would be appreciated.
OtisDog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #24
sac01
2011 WK 

Quote:
Sounds good. My kit just showed up. I talked to a front end shop today that seems pretty confident they can handle the job. They want $75 per hour labor so maybe $200-$300 by the time they align it?

If you do get a chance to put up a few more shots, a direct side view included would be appreciated.
OtisDog, Sorry it took me so long as it is becoming harder and harder to peel the WK2 away from the wife but here is the pic angle you are looking for...
photo.jpg  
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #25
Eviltwin06
2013 WK 

Looks great with the Leveling kit and tires. Made my mind up this way.
Eviltwin06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.