NEW SHOES for my WK2!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > NEW SHOES for my WK2!!!

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #1
sac01
2011 WK 

NEW SHOES for my WK2!!!

Just wanted to share a couple pics of the upgrade from factory 18" wheel on my Laredo X.

20" SRT Replicas from Quadratec (don't do too much agressive wheelin')
275/55r20 Nitto TG's

The shop said clearance is OK under normal road conditions but might expect a bit of rubbing if in a sharp turn over bumpy surface. I've tried to test it turning over speed bumps but no rubs yet. This will all be taken care of next week anyway when I install the RRO leveling kit up front.

FYI I am looking to sell my factory 18" wheels with tires. Reference the classified as I have already posted. I will also throw some pics up in the wheel/tire thread but am just too stoked not to share with a separate post!

image.jpeg   photo.jpg  
sac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
cherokeekid58
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Now that looks sharp. I like

So far it seems correlated to OCD and the need to look at one's poop."
cherokeekid58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #3
OtisDog1
2012 WK 

Sac- mean looking.

Are you putting the leveler on yourself or having it done?
OtisDog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
FranksWK
2005 WK 

That looks sick!
FranksWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
sac01
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisDog1
Sac- mean looking.

Are you putting the leveler on yourself or having it done?
I will be putting it on with the help of my bro-in-law who is a mechanic.
Unread 05-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
OtisDog1
2012 WK 

I'm about to pull the trigger on either a RRO level or a lift. Have you ordered yet? My dealer told me to watch out for RRO that he's heard bad stuff. He might just be trying to discourage me from making the mod.

I'd be curious to how your experience goes. I'm not far behind you and would like to order mine and have it ready by summer.
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #7
sac01
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisDog1 View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on either a RRO level or a lift. Have you ordered yet? My dealer told me to watch out for RRO that he's heard bad stuff. He might just be trying to discourage me from making the mod.

I'd be curious to how your experience goes. I'm not far behind you and would like to order mine and have it ready by summer.
When RRO first came out with the level and lift there were some bad reports. I have done some research of my own and everything seems legit. I can't speak to the quality problems with the lift but the level kits is basically just two big chunks of metal that go on top of the strut assembly, bringing the GC to approx. max QL ride height. The instructions that came with the spacers are pretty straight forward and the concept is simple. I don't foresee having any problems with it and my dealer said it will not void warranty since the ride height will be within max QL height and it does not involve modifying the actual suspension.

Hope this helps.
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #8
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:

I have their 2.5" lift and their products are of great quality. I also heard that they had a bad "spell" but I bought my lift last February and havent had any issues. I plan to buy much more from them soon: winch mount, prerunner skid plate, the bumper kit, sliders and roof rack. Pretty much everything they make for the WK2. Probably the UCAs one day too.

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #9
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac01 View Post
When RRO first came out with the level and lift there were some bad reports. I have done some research of my own and everything seems legit. I can't speak to the quality problems with the lift but the level kits is basically just two big chunks of metal that go on top of the strut assembly, bringing the GC to approx. max QL ride height. The instructions that came with the spacers are pretty straight forward and the concept is simple. I don't foresee having any problems with it and my dealer said it will not void warranty since the ride height will be within max QL height and it does not involve modifying the actual suspension.

Hope this helps.
Did you have the dealer do the install?
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #10
sac01
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbagabba View Post
Did you have the dealer do the install?
No, I spoke to the dealer about the warranty just as a precaution. I will be installing with help of bro-in-law next weekend.
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:39 AM   #11
shekshishekki
2013 WK 

That's weird...the rear looks like it's got plenty of clearance but the front looks pretty tight. I'm surprised a 5 mm increase from the stock 50 makes that big of a difference.

I was going to put 275/55r20 on my overland stock rims too.
shekshishekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #12
sac01
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekshishekki View Post
That's weird...the rear looks like it's got plenty of clearance but the front looks pretty tight. I'm surprised a 5 mm increase from the stock 50 makes that big of a difference.

I was going to put 275/55r20 on my overland stock rims too.
They are tight but they haven't rubbed yet. Remember I don't have QL and that is stock ride height. The leveling kit will give them a bit more room and I suspect it will look more proportional. My stock wheels were 265/60r18.
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #13
OtisDog1
2012 WK 

Jackal - good to hear. They're about the only option for this kind of product and I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the product.

Sac - how long did it take to get your level or are you still waiting on it?
Unread 05-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #14
OtisDog1
2012 WK 

Sac - one more thing- are you worried at all about a squatted look in the rear? That's whats got me wondering about going with the lift. The guy at RRO when I called him to get some info told me that some people are really happy with the level but others have complained that it raises the front end slightly too much.
He recommended that I go full lift. It's a lot more money, but I didn't get the impression that he was trying to drive up the price of the sale. He seemed to be giving me his honest opinion.
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #15
sac01
2011 WK 

Quote:
Jackal - good to hear. They're about the only option for this kind of product and I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the product.

Sac - how long did it take to get your level or are you still waiting on it?
It didn't take long at all to receive the kit. I ordered it online and it took about the standard amount of time...5-7 days if I remember correctly.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.