New Owner- Intro and Questions 2015 Overland - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-31-2016, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Waterman123

New Owner- Intro and Questions 2015 Overland

Hi guys. I just switched over from a V8 Touareg air-suspension to the 2015 V6 Jeep Overland with air suspension.

The Touareg was a wonderful car. Super stable on the turns, lots of towing power for the boat and awesome interior. With that said, it was a maintenance nightmare. Tons of items went bad and it cost $160 for an oil change, $90 in just supplies. And 14mpg.

I thought the Jeep would be a good replacement and cheaper in the long run. I am DIY person and like to post videos and photos of the maintenance and mods.

I plan to maintain it myself. I don't plan to modify any of the suspension. Is there any must mods to the software or interior that most people are doing? I got the OEM all weather mats already. They are so so, but better then the weathertech that I had at first (to big of lip and flimsy feel). I need to install a USB power adapter to the overhead console to install my dash cam. Did this on the Touareg and it awesome having a dash cam catch all the stupid action you see on the road. I also got the Fumoto oil valve to install next oil change. That should make it easier and less messy.

Lots more room in the engine bay. Look like servicing will be easier then the V8. The technology on this car is very good. Adaptive cruise control has been stress relieving and unconnect has been good. As has the vented seats.

Wish I had a black Jeep, but I got a good price on the white, that I can't complain too much. Prob too expensive to repaint it .

Tried to upload photos but there was a file limit. Too bad you can't upload normal photos.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-31-2016, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Waterman123

post #3 of 7 Old 05-31-2016, 11:58 PM
wardley

Sounds like you have all the tech goodies. Enjoy the jeep
post #4 of 7 Old 05-31-2016, 11:58 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Welcome. There are sticky thread indexes for modification write ups, product listing, maintenance, and repair at the top of the forum. One of them is how to get power out of the mirror I think. Many here switch to larger tires, but otherwise its a style thing, like tinting and de-badging... tinkering with the exhaust sound.

File uploads have been broken on and off over the past few days. I think once you get more posts or a member for a few weeks, the size limits are relaxed a bit.

Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #5 of 7 Old 06-01-2016, 07:19 AM
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Mud guards, step pads (for short people), and change the fog lights from halogen to LED so they match the headlight color.

Roy
2014 Overland, 3.6 L
Fumoto Qwikvalve, Ionic CXV running boards, Michelin X-Ice Xi2 snow tires
post #6 of 7 Old 06-01-2016, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
Waterman123

Thanks guys. Reading the mods sticky this week. Power out of the mirror sounds promising. Will tint the front windows soon.

I would like to rebadge it, but worried it might devalue it when I go to sell it at the end. But, maybe that doesn't matter. I agree it looks better.

I'll look into the Fog like mod 2kg4u. That would be cool.

The fold flat seats at a pull of a lever are awesome! The 120v inverter is nice! I carry a Honda generator a lot, but the inverter will help. Can't wait for my first road trip with it in 2 weeks.

Is there anything I can do, to calm this truck on the turns? It likes to get wobbly and feels tall. Or is that just a Jeep thing. I'd switch to some low profile tires, but I like to tow a boat and drive dirt roads once in a long while and drive in the snow.
post #7 of 7 Old 06-01-2016, 09:43 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Better shocks, tires, and a set of SRT rear sway bars, fronts also but the payback is less. Still its a heavy SUV.

Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.