Firstly, just wanted to thank you guys. I lurked here for quite a while before making the purchase.
This is my, 8th SUV but first Jeep and first Chrysler product. I loved the look of the truck the minute I saw it...especially in white...which is what I bought.
I think that you will start to see quite a few newcomers to the forum. I never thought that I would ever buy a Chrysler product (I am still nervous about the strength of the company) but this new Jeep does everything I need it to. I drove almost every other SUV in its class and the WK2 was hands down better than any other.
There are a few things that I think the designers should do differently in future though:
- Lose the green back lit buttons...so dated looking. Anyone change them?
- Fold down third row...even if really small
- Nav system is dated - resolution and screen size don't cut it anymore
- Auto locking feature when you walk away from vehicle
- Rear DVD in each headrest instead of on roof (blocks vision)
- Light on or around push button start
- Move the engine coolant reservoir closer to firewall (the salesperson added washer fluid to it by accident...had to flush engine!)
Other than some minor nit picks...this vehicle is amazing! I hope Chrysler can turn things around.
One question. I have an Iphone 4 and it is currently working with uconnect (no call display). If I update to 2.401, will I lose the iphone connectivity? Can I roll back if it does?
Here is a pic from my phone from when I bought it: