New Overland owner...and few questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > New Overland owner...and few questions

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
poomobile
2011 WK 

New Overland owner...and few questions

Firstly, just wanted to thank you guys. I lurked here for quite a while before making the purchase.

This is my, 8th SUV but first Jeep and first Chrysler product. I loved the look of the truck the minute I saw it...especially in white...which is what I bought.

I think that you will start to see quite a few newcomers to the forum. I never thought that I would ever buy a Chrysler product (I am still nervous about the strength of the company) but this new Jeep does everything I need it to. I drove almost every other SUV in its class and the WK2 was hands down better than any other.

There are a few things that I think the designers should do differently in future though:

- Lose the green back lit buttons...so dated looking. Anyone change them?
- Fold down third row...even if really small
- Nav system is dated - resolution and screen size don't cut it anymore
- Auto locking feature when you walk away from vehicle
- Rear DVD in each headrest instead of on roof (blocks vision)
- Light on or around push button start
- Move the engine coolant reservoir closer to firewall (the salesperson added washer fluid to it by accident...had to flush engine!)

Other than some minor nit picks...this vehicle is amazing! I hope Chrysler can turn things around.

One question. I have an Iphone 4 and it is currently working with uconnect (no call display). If I update to 2.401, will I lose the iphone connectivity? Can I roll back if it does?

Thanks guys!

Here is a pic from my phone from when I bought it:

photogyi.jpg  

Last edited by poomobile; 01-28-2011 at 10:17 PM..
poomobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
poomobile
2011 WK 

Was also wondering if someone could post a pic of the GC with the Mopar running boards....I have only seen one picture and that member's Jeep looked modified....my kids have trouble getting in and was hoping the boards would help!
poomobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #3
RageOfFury
2011 WK 

Welcome to the forum fellow Canadian!

I wish I could afford a WK2 right now, but I'm quite content with my KJ :P
RageOfFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 02:44 AM   #4
Marcus86GLHS

"..- Move the engine coolant reservoir closer to firewall (the salesperson added washer fluid to it by accident...had to flush engine!)........."

sorry but that is just too funny. how about moving the salesperson far away from your new GC? that'll fix that issue. nice looking GC.

2002 Wrangler Sahara, black, 4.0L, 5-speed, Dana 44 rear axle with Trac Loc LSD, duel tan tops, Canyon wheels with Wrangler Silent Armors. 75,000 miles, 2nd owner.
Marcus86GLHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #5
mjw930

Fold down 3rd row = Durango. The WK2 is too short for that option.
Nav system in the works with the new 730N RHR but since no one's seen it in the wild yet the jury is still out.
Colors of backlight, that's subjective, I like the green.
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
ernstmfg

I'm in the same boat as you, everything works good with the iphone 3g. I'm afraid to update too. But really, what do I gain by updating? I don't think I'm going "thump a ripe mellon". Since everything works, I'll just leave everything alone!
Ray
ernstmfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 08:21 AM   #7
the1jake

I'd like to see automatic window/sun roof close when you turn off vehicle.

Oh, and real electric folding automatic mirrors. (not ones that you have to manually fold in)
the1jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
winchester60
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poomobile View Post

- Nav system is dated - resolution and screen size don't cut it anymore
- Auto locking feature when you walk away from vehicle
- Light on or around push button start
- Move the engine coolant reservoir closer to firewall (the salesperson added washer fluid to it by accident...had to flush engine!)
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by poomobile View Post

Moving it closer to the firewall would cause more problems I believe. Maybe move the washer fluid closer to firewall.

They really should make it more obvious (harder to open) which tank is for the coolant though. I went to top off the washer fluid in mine and nearly made the same mistake - good thing I double checked that it was the washer fluid tank - because it wasn't
winchester60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 12:22 AM   #9
hobbie1
2011 WK 

I'll share a few photo's we ordered in Oct and picked ours up in Nov - it has been great.
Love the white with black interior.

There was a lighting kit that would let you change the colors listed on the Mopar accessories site a few weeks ago. it is now gone. Did purchase the factory rear all weather mat from the dealer. Looks great and stops stuff from rolling around.
dsc01116.jpg   dsc01134.jpg   dsc01135.jpg   dsc01137.jpg   dsc01138.jpg  

2013 Ford Mustang GT and 1966 Ford Mustang 289 5-SPD 289
hobbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 12:21 AM   #10
hobbie1
2011 WK 

Update on the 430

The 430 supports travel link however it is not working in the 2011 Jeeps.

Was at the dealer today and was told that the software update for the 430 to support travel link will not be available till late 2011. If so this is not good news as we have been told March was the date for the update to get the travel link going. It is crazy how Chrysler has failed regarding this issue.

Anyone else here this?
2013 Ford Mustang GT and 1966 Ford Mustang 289 5-SPD 289
hobbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.