New member, Just bought my first Jeep! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > New member, Just bought my first Jeep!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 02-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
Generals1992

Talking New member, Just bought my first Jeep!

Hey all, just switched to the dark side with a new to me 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I had a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe z71, which was my pride and joy. I love that car and the Jeep is going to have to make up for a lot!

I was going to hold off until the summer, but a great deal came around and I ended up biting the bullet early. It's a 2011 Laredo X with 12,000 miles and 4x4. I wanted SelecTerrain and the V8, but this was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

I do, however, have a few questions. I haven't picked up the Jeep yet and took a risk by placing my deposit after only seeing pictures on the internet. I figured that since the Carfax checked out and that it only had 12,000 miles that I would take my chances. I've done my research well enough to know my way around specific models and options, but must admit I was too excited about the car and too presumptious so I didn't ask some of the questions I had!

1. All Laredo X's have push button start and remote start, correct? The angle of the pictures just covers up the ignition, so I couldn't really tell. There also weren't any pictures of the key fobs.

2. I don't think this one has a sunroof. None was advertised but couldn't tell through the pictures. This was an option for the Laredo X, so it shouldn't have one unless ordered, right?

3. What are the best floormats? I had weathertechs in my Tahoe and loved 'em, but they're still pretty pricey. I'm open to other suggestions before I drop $250-300 on mats for the entire car.

4. What sort of information can I see in the EVIC? I've driven one or two and noticed that it displays the speed. My Tahoe had a DIC (similar) but much less fancy, and I know you could change a few vehicle settings in it. Is any of it customizable?

5. On a similar note, are there any other cool settings or customizable things in the car? Like on the UConnect - what user preferences do they offer?

I'm sorry that I'm introducing myself with a slew of meaningless questions! I hate to be "that guy," but just can't wait to pick up my baby and need something to hold me over in the meantime!

Generals1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
jb12wk2
2012 WK 

First off, welcome! I'll do my best to answer your questions in order:

1. I can't say for sure whether the remote start is optional or standard on the X but I'm fairly certain the push button start is standard. I haven't seen a WK2 yet that didn't have it.

2. Correct, sunroof should be an option unless it was ordered as such.

3. It's speculative what all weather mat is best. Husky, Weather Tech, Rugged Ridge, or stock Mopar slush mats will all do the same basic job, some better than others. IMO it's all up to what you prefer as far as cost, look, etc. There are several threads concerning this in this section.

4. The EVIC also displays fuel economy, trip odometers, digital gauge readouts for oil temp. & pressure, transmission temp., & water temp. It also contains your configurable driver preferences that you can set to your own taste (there are way too many to list, you'll have to play with it)

5. UConnect allows you to pair a Bluetooth capable phone to your truck so you can use it hands free. If your rig is equipped with UConnect you should also have voice recognition controls for the radio & climate control if equipped with the computerized auto climate control. Controls for these items are located on your steering wheel.

Hope this all helps, I'm sure if I missed or need correction on something one of the guys will chime in. Enjoy!

Formerly: '94 ZJ, 4.0 I6, Quadra-Drive
jb12wk2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Welcome to the sunshine. You can download the operators manual and user guide at WK2Jeeps.com, to give you a head start

3) The MOPAR slush mats are good unless you need more carpet covered in the rear. I think early 2011s have two floor mat hooks on the passenger side, later ones have one so you may want to verify what your passenger floor has.
4) There are a wide variety of info available on the EVIC by scrolling through menus, somewhat customizable. Kinda hard to describe here, but the manual covers it in detail .
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
Generals1992

Thanks for the answers y'all. I perused WK2Jeeps.com and it pretty much answered most of my questions.

I'm picking her up tomorrow at 9, and I can't wait! I think I got a pretty good deal - $24,200 out the door for a 2011 Laredo X 4x4 V6. Carfax is clean, too.
Generals1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.