New to Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > New to Jeep

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doorsJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 07-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
Coolbanana

New to Jeep

Greetings All from the UK!

At the advice of my sister who lives in Houston, TX, I've switched from Land Rovers (Defender, LR4, RR Sport) to Jeep ownership.

My car is currently on a ship in the Atlantic headed my way - a Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat Grand Cherokee Summit 3.0 CRD V6.

We pay quite a lot more than in the USA; mine was 46500 after negotiating down from a 50825 MSRP. Still equates to $79000!

Really looking forward to it; the car looks great and the test drives were very positive.

Coolbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
swaustex
2014 JK Wrangler 

How much is an LR4 there? The LR4 has around a $15,000 premium over the Grand here although it can be closer to $5000 depending on what you get on the Jeep. The problem with Land Rover over here is that they just might be the fastest depreciating vehicle in the American market. People will tend only to buy new or used ones through a Land Rover dealer that can provide a warranty or service plan, so selling them private party is very difficult. Other dealers don't want them as trades either..... too complicated and too easy to misprice and loose money.

I hope you enjoy your new Jeep. Let us know how it does on roundabouts!
swaustex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 01:44 AM   #3
Coolbanana

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaustex View Post
How much is an LR4 there? The LR4 has around a $15,000 premium over the Grand here although it can be closer to $5000 depending on what you get on the Jeep. The problem with Land Rover over here is that they just might be the fastest depreciating vehicle in the American market. People will tend only to buy new or used ones through a Land Rover dealer that can provide a warranty or service plan, so selling them private party is very difficult. Other dealers don't want them as trades either..... too complicated and too easy to misprice and loose money.

I hope you enjoy your new Jeep. Let us know how it does on roundabouts!

The LR4 here starts at 41000 going up to 59900. The GC Summit equivalent (spec-wise) would be the 54000 one which is 4000 more MSRP than the GC.

Here the opposite is true for residuals etc - Jeep is very much in the minority; I can't remember when I last saw a GC WK2 but see LR4's etc every day. I've never lost any money on my LR''s and RR's - never bought any of them new, all ex-demo cars however so never had that Showroom hit. I expect a big hit with the GC, especially as it is new but I've factored that in.

The GC Summit model is better than the LR4 around Roundabouts!

Indeed, it is better than the 2011 Range Rover Sport too. The 2014 Range Rover Sport has moved the game on quite a bit but is also lot more expensive and not really a competitor so ignoring the RR's, the GC handles better on tarmac than the LR's.

My wife was along on the second test drive in the GC and she tried to make the car unsettle and roll around Roundabouts of varying sizes and was very impressed with it. Yes, there is roll if you try but for general driving, it is nearly absent and far, far better than the LR4 - which I sold because I didn't like the constant body roll around narrow, twisty roads.

My wife liked the GC for its styling and the fact it felt like a big car rather than a truck.
Coolbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 11:27 AM   #4
swaustex
2014 JK Wrangler 

Basically when it comes to purchasing power on a car $=

Its a straight exchange rate.

http://rules.config.landrover.com/jd...203.1406568020
1982 CJ-7 (sold)
swaustex is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.