New GC owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > New GC owner

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #1
aussboy
2012 WK 

Question New GC owner

After a 11 year absence and numerous other cars, today I traded my 2010 Dodge Challenger in for a 2012 GC. The Challenger was great but after a while, I really felt heavy and so old....
So, I picked up a new GC today. I went for a very basic Laredo, not many options so I can save some money and do my own modifications.
My first project if to convert the key to a push button start. Any suggestions?
My next projects will be some cosmetic improvements but I need to conserve my money for a while...
Thoughts?

aussboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2011, 06:34 AM   #2
supersport126
1984 CJ7 

The dealer should of given you the push button upon sale. It's standard equipment as far as I know. Ours had the key at first but when we picked it up they popped the button in. Yes it just pops in.
supersport126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #3
kmag53

I have to laugh at what you posted about the Challenger. We also had a Challenger RT for a short period of time. The car was great at first but then just felt cumbersome and way to big even for a muscle car. Have to say I like the GC much better.
Unread 11-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #4
aussboy
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersport126 View Post
The dealer should of given you the push button upon sale. It's standard equipment as far as I know. Ours had the key at first but when we picked it up they popped the button in. Yes it just pops in.
I will have to check with the dealer this weekend. As it is something extra, I am sure there will be a cost involved but I am Ok as long as it is reasonable.
Unread 11-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #5
aussboy
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmag53 View Post
I have to laugh at what you posted about the Challenger. We also had a Challenger RT for a short period of time. The car was great at first but then just felt cumbersome and way to big even for a muscle car. Have to say I like the GC much better.
I agree 100% I live around Chicago and it was a pain riding the clutch every time I hit traffic on the Stevenson.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.