New diesel/winter tire ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > New diesel/winter tire ?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
Weissbrewer

New diesel/winter tire ?

So after finally getting our hands on one to test drive and driving a diesel Cayenne as our other choice We are pulling the trigger on a Diesel Summit!The cayenne was nice and a bit sportier but the jeep has a nicer interior, more room and is 15k cheaper! Payingunder invoice into half holdback ($53595 plus getting $1k in conquest cash!)
We turned my wifes MDX in which we loved except she was pretty thirsty(high reving Honda was sweet) and have a set of studded Haks off of it in 255/55/18.
Thinking of a set of 18" Jeep steelies for these and taking the 20s off for the winter. We live up a huge hill in the White mtns of NH and need the studs at time..coming down to stop before the highway
We also still have her 07 CRD Limited sporting 3" of lift which is now our company sales rig and will never give it up!

Weissbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I don't think you'll save that much money for steel wheels over OEM 18 in alloys. In 2011 it actually cost more for steel.
Unread 11-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
Weissbrewer

but steel holds up much better to SALT and dont crack like alloys (replaced many on my fleet ram diesel trucks). plus Black Steelies look bad *** ;-)
Unread 11-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

All good reasons to go steel. Steel does bend and are heavy... and style is subjective
Unread 11-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
Weissbrewer

Wink

style is absolutely subjective...Steelies are leftover from my ongoing Land Rover recovery! Yes I ditched the alloys on my defender90 when the diesel transplant happened for steelies.... not so bad on price $ 107 apeice from mopar..just more looking to see if anyone has run a set of 255/55/18 on a summit originally equipped with 20 inch wheels?
Unread 11-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #6
Gunny7
2014 WK 

Keep the diameter set 30.5.
I'd get afraid to get too far from that.
Drive the computers crazy?
Gunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
Kanab_ram
2014 WK 

Look into the Bridgestone Blizzak snow/ice tire.
Kanab_ram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.