New Addition to my front end ;) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > New Addition to my front end ;)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
GELOverland

Quote:
Originally Posted by magr80 View Post
Very cool dude! What license plate box is that and where to find? Thanks ....
The license plate is just what was on it when I bought it stock.

[quote=padgett;13184731]Looks really nice & I plan something similar. Two questions:
1) Which is the right part number for a 2012 Laredo Grille: 55079377AC or 57010708AC or something else entirely have 2011 parts listing but not 2012)
2) What prep is need for the paint to stick properly ?

Suspect that for the $400 difference between a chrome plastic grille and the body color grille that one could be painted. I am finding some subtle differences in parts between the 2011 and the 2012.

^I have never seen a body color grille. I purchased it off of ebay so I am not sure of the exact part number. Sorry In order to prep the grille, it was sanded down with 320g paper and then sprayed with an epoxy followed by paint then clear. The shop I took it to was unsure if it would stick and never tried this method so he actually did not charge me. He said if the paint held up, to come back in 3 months and pay him $100 for the job. Which I thought was very fair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superserialMBP View Post
Looks good. How much in total did all this cost you, out of curiosity?
The grille was purchased from Ablaze Grilles and I am not sure if he has his pricing official yet, so I will not say my cost of of respect for him. Just send the company an email if you are interested. The factory Laredo grille was $160 off of ebay. If you buy from the dealer it will be $270. And the paint cost me $100 to do.
In total, $260+the grille. The price came out to be more than I expected but it included the front and lower grilles and turned out pretty nicely in my opinon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchochla View Post
Can you post a picture of the LED's that are in the drls?

Thanks
^What do you want a picture of? The lights at night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP8562 View Post
I like the LEDs and wondering if they are a direct fit (plug & play) or did you have to modify them ? Also do you have the company that makes them and the model # thanks
Description- 3157 Nova LED Replacement Bulb
Part Number- 234157W

The putcos are a direct plug and play and go in just like a factory bulb which entails taking the factory air box off in order to get to the driver's side lamp, unless you have freakishly long and thin hands haha.

Total install time was about 35 minutes (5 on the passenger and 30 on the drivers)

Thanks for all the compliments guys! And sorry for such a long post!

GELOverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #17
Hookem_Overland
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GELOverland View Post

^What do you want a picture of? The lights at night?

Description- 3157 Nova LED Replacement Bulb
Part Number- 234157W

The putcos are a direct plug and play and go in just like a factory bulb which entails taking the factory air box off in order to get to the driver's side lamp, unless you have freakishly long and thin hands haha.
Awesome job and very good prices. I would love to see pics at night of the DRLs (if you have someone to sit in the drivers seat or take the pic) and fogs seperate, and a third pic of the headlights and fogs together.
Unread 03-06-2012, 01:58 PM   #18
TheSiltSurfer
2012 WK 

Dude YES!! Found my next cosmetics :P
Unread 03-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #19
padgett
2012 WK 

Grille I was referring to was the 1TY96JRPAD in red. Problem is that I do not know if Inferno or Deep Cherry.

Back when I worked for GM, it was possible to get an unchromed bumper that could be painted. On my Buick GS in 1970 it was novel.

One of these is a diesel.
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #20
GELOverland

Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
Grille I was referring to was the 1TY96JRPAD in red. Problem is that I do not know if Inferno or Deep Cherry.

Back when I worked for GM, it was possible to get an unchromed bumper that could be painted. On my Buick GS in 1970 it was novel.

One of these is a diesel.
The number you provided is for a SRT8 grille in Deep Cherry which is priced at $750 according to this thread.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/...umper-1313745/

To my knowledge, there is only a chrome grille available for every WK2 trim except the SRT8.
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #21
NYOverland2012
2014 WK 

Wow!! That looks great!!! Good job!
NYOverland2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
GELOverland

Thanks!!!! Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Here is the company where I purchased my grille. http://ablazegrilles.com/index.php/g.../jeep.html?p=1

I went with the diamond cut mesh and had them powder coat the outside frame of the lower air dam in black instead of doing it in chrome as shown. I thought it looked better, but just my opinion
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #23
GELOverland

Here are some photos I took with my cell phone tonight. They aren't the greatest but should give you an idea about the light color. The first one is of my DRLs only. The next two are Factory HID headlights and fogs. I apologize for ths photo size
photo.jpg   008.jpg   002.jpg  
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #24
Hookem_Overland
2011 WK 

Thanks for the shots, I wonder if they have a little milder LED to come a smidge closer to the stock HID?
Unread 03-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #25
JMP8562

I thought that you replaced the hole fog light houseing this makes it WAY easier Thanks for the info.
89 lifted wrangler to 95 lifted cherokee to 01 GC now 07 JK 4 DOOR X WITH HIGH ROCK FRONT WINCH BUMPER APPROACH ROLLERS/WARN 9.5TI WINCH WITH UNDER THE HOOD CUT-OFF SWITCH/2.5" SS lift/1"M.O.R.E BL/33" BFG KM2 ON STOCK 17"/RIVER RAIDER ROCKER GUARDS-SLIDERS/OFF ROAD HEROS FASTBACK SOFT TOP/GIBSON DUEL EXHAUST/CUSTOM MADE TRUNK/HELLA FF300/HELLA500 W-WINDSHIELD MOUNTS/DELTA SKYBAR/CARBON FIBER DASH KIT/DUEL AND SINGLE GUAGE PODS WITH VOLT-OIL PRESSURE-OIL TEMP GUAGES/COBRA 75 CB/AND A LOT OF RECOVERY GEAR
JMP8562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #26
NYOverland2012
2014 WK 

Are those LED fog lights? If so where did you get them from, what size and how much?....thanks
NYOverland2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #27
GELOverland

Yes they are LED fog lights. I purchased them from PrecisionLEDs on ebay. To fit, they require you to cut off a small tab with a razor blade. It took me less than ten minutes to trim and install both the lights. Very simple install.

Here is the link!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250989997304...84.m1439.l2649
Unread 03-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #28
hur1ey02
2011 WK 

Are the factory fog lights the same for all models of JGCs? I have a laredo x with the standard ole halogens in it.
2004 TJ RME (Flame Red)
hur1ey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #29
GELOverland

Yes same fogs. Those LEDs would work in any model of WK2
Unread 03-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #30
Xaphy

can you give me a direct link to the lower air dam cover please? I want that
Xaphy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.