Need help finding correct part # for brake rotors. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Need help finding correct part # for brake rotors.

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ford Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip Elim1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler Turn Signal Switch (Wells)

Unread 06-20-2015, 09:19 AM   #1
spinxt

Need help finding correct part # for brake rotors.

Time for new rotors up front. Can someone that can look up part numbers provide me with the correct parts for my 2014 limited with the VIN#

I need front rotors and pads. Going with the MOPAR rotors. Open to suggestions on pad brands
1C4RJFBTXEC151514

spinxt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2015, 04:48 PM   #2
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Dealers and online outlets ask for your VIN so they can make sure you get the right rotors. There are only two types of front rotors, standard and HD (well there's the SRT too but whos counting). Look at your rear rotors and if they are solid, you have std brakes, if they have vents between two solid pieces, you have HD brakes.

Instead of waiting here, it may be easier to order the the one you think is right and they will check the VIN and get back to you if you happened to pick the wrong ones.
Unread 06-20-2015, 06:01 PM   #3
spinxt

Pretty sure I have the HDs
Unread 06-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #4
spinxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase
Dealers and online outlets ask for your VIN so they can make sure you get the right rotors. There are only two types of front rotors, standard and HD (well there's the SRT too but whos counting). Look at your rear rotors and if they are solid, you have std brakes, if they have a vents between two solid pieces, you have HD brakes. Instead of waiting here, it may be easier to order the the one you think is right and they will check the VIN and get back to you if you happened to pick the wrong ones.
Not that easy...they don't list them as "HD" or standard...they the order codes (e.g. BR1, BR6,BRY). I have no idea what those mean
Unread 06-20-2015, 07:55 PM   #5
Nonstop
2000 WJ 

As stated its as simple as, if you have vented rear rotors you have the HD brakes. Google a pic of solid vs. vented for a good comparison, makes it easy. In case you want to go from SD to HD, for $40 in brackets it's the best front brake upgrade out there. Rears too but more to it.
Unread 06-21-2015, 07:11 AM   #6
spinxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop
As stated its as simple as, if you have vented rear rotors you have the HD brakes. Google a pic of solid vs. vented for a good comparison, makes it easy. In case you want to go from SD to HD, for $40 in brackets it's the best front brake upgrade out there. Rears too but more to it.
That part I understand, I know I have the HD system. The issue is what "order" code represents the HD rotors/pads on the online retail sites. Is it BR1, BR6, or BRY??
Unread 06-21-2015, 08:43 AM   #7
Nonstop
2000 WJ 

Retail sites only ever reference 350mm or HD most I've seen just list all hemis as HD. I know it's caused problems locally. I'm talking advance,pepe boys, or autozone that I've looked.. The codes are dealer use or maybe molar parts online. Never checked. I'm 99.8675309% BR6 is the HD code, but reading the first page of one of cold cases past posts got me the accurate info, I can't search on my crapple iPad right now cause it doesn't like to be touched..
The guys at the website you order from will knock this out in one conversation, their cool about it
Unread 06-22-2015, 02:02 AM   #8
Kolak
Vendor

Which Mopar rotors have you priced? Regular or Value Line?

Any desire to go with an upgraded aftermarket rotor?
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2015, 02:13 PM   #9
biker2k
2012 WK 

what brackets are those
do you have part numbers on that
I have non hd brakes and would like to switch to hd at least in the front and if its just two bolt on brackets im in..
biker2k is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2015, 02:27 PM   #10
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There was a rather long thread awhile ago with all the details. I'll have to look for it later.

Well well well, lookie here, all the parts numbers one would ever need hiding in the maintenance sticky thread :

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/.../#post14917137
Unread 06-22-2015, 03:54 PM   #11
spinxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCase
There was a rather long thread awhile ago with all the details. I'll have to look for it later. Well well well, lookie here, all the parts numbers one would ever need hiding in the maintenance sticky thread : http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/.../#post14917137
Ha ha...okay I get it...use search ;-)
Unread 06-25-2015, 11:29 AM   #12
2kg4u
2014 WK 

The correct part number for your front rotors is 68035 012AB. Having said that, I would never buy rotors from the dealer. I always buy mine from rockauto.com, and I am very particular about the parts that go on my cars.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.