Need advice asap - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Need advice asap

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 03-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #1
Shub45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Williamsport, Pa
Posts: 182
Need advice asap

Cannot find the thread that existed about extended warranties. I got this from Chrysler and have til March 5th. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal. The first price is for 7 years 60,000 then goes up 10,000 miles for each increase in price but stays 7 years

image-3710758037.jpg

Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #2
Bengals1
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vandalia, Ohio
Posts: 166
I called Chrysler about their mopar warranty plans. The one I'm interested in, is the lifetime warranty. It's around $3,000 after taxes. It's worth checking into
Bengals1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #3
Jeff_WK2
Registered User
2014  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 34
Best pricing here: http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

Got 7/70 MaxCare for $1040
Jeff_WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 06:39 PM   #4
JeepGC6855
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 110
I would get one with the highest mileage since most cars today should't have any major problems until over 100,000 miles unless the car is one of those that has constant problems from the start, in which case I would probably try and get rid of before the basic warranty is up.
JeepGC6855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #5
gabbagabba
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Southwest, NH
Posts: 345
if you already bought a plan from a dealer and your WK2 is less than 12 months old could you cancel that plan and get a different/cheaper one from the online vendors? or is it a one shot deal?
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #6
Shub45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Williamsport, Pa
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_WK2
Best pricing here: http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/ Got 7/70 MaxCare for $1040

Just ordered mine. $1090 7/70000
Have you had any problems with yours?
Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 09:39 PM   #7
Jeff_WK2
Registered User
2014  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shub45
Just ordered mine. $1090 7/70000 Have you had any problems with yours?
Nope, no problems at all.

Should have mentioned that if you send the Ziegler warranty guys an e- mail asking for a discount they will send you a code for an additional $50 off. Sorry I forgot to post that earlier.
Jeff_WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 04:02 AM   #8
Shub45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Williamsport, Pa
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_WK2
Nope, no problems at all. Should have mentioned that if you send the Ziegler warranty guys an e- mail asking for a discount they will send you a code for an additional $50 off. Sorry I forgot to post that earlier.
Thanks. I kinda read that from doing research after the fact. Can't believe how much cheaper it was. Got on Zieglers web site. Wow what an inventory of Vipers and BMWs
Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:04 AM   #9
MickinNY
Registered User
2013 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Churchville, NY
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_WK2 View Post
Best pricing here: http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

Got 7/70 MaxCare for $1040
Just checked that link out. I've never been one for extended warranties on anything, but that seems like a good way to go ( price-wise) if you plan on keeping your vehicle for a number of years.
Given the cost of repairs today, $1040 is a pretty reasonable investment for the peace of mind it brings.
Unless I'm missing something in the fine print.
It's just too bad the term doesn't start when the new vehicle warranty expires, instead of when you take delivery. That's when it becomes redundant & pointless in my mind, since you're already covered.
But again, if anyone plans on keeping their vehicle for a long time, IMO it's a good way to go at that price.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:30 AM   #10
HaydenHunter
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hayden, ID
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_WK2 View Post
Nope, no problems at all.

Should have mentioned that if you send the Ziegler warranty guys an e- mail asking for a discount they will send you a code for an additional $50 off. Sorry I forgot to post that earlier.
^^^^^This^^^^^

The experience of buying a warranty from Bob Cline at Ziegler was perfect. I paid $2,135 for Lifetime Max Care after the $50 discount that I got for asking.

Or you can pay $3K for the same warranty from your dealer.
HaydenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #11
Shub45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Williamsport, Pa
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickinNY
Just checked that link out. I've never been one for extended warranties on anything, but that seems like a good way to go ( price-wise) if you plan on keeping your vehicle for a number of years. Given the cost of repairs today, $1040 is a pretty reasonable investment for the peace of mind it brings. Unless I'm missing something in the fine print. It's just too bad the term doesn't start when the new vehicle warranty expires, instead of when you take delivery. That's when it becomes redundant & pointless in my mind, since you're already covered. But again, if anyone plans on keeping their vehicle for a long time, IMO it's a good way to go at that price.
Apparently there are added bonuses for people like us who thought the same thing.(overlapping factory warranty) supposedly oil changes car rentals etc.
Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #12
Jeff_WK2
Registered User
2014  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shub45 View Post
Apparently there are added bonuses for people like us who thought the same thing.(overlapping factory warranty) supposedly oil changes car rentals etc.
Correct, and the rental car allowance pays for half the cost of the service contract over 7 years assuming 2 oil changes per year. There are a few other minor benefits like that in there as well.

This is the first time I've ever purchased an extended warranty for any car - and this is my 35th year of driving!

But as I was sitting in my new Jeep figuring out how all the stuff works I decided that there sure is a lot of stuff that could break so I looked around for warranty plans and for $1040 bumper to bumper I decided to take that bet since I tend to keep my cars for at least 7 years.
Jeff_WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 12:05 PM   #13
Shub45
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Williamsport, Pa
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_WK2
Correct, and the rental car allowance pays for half the cost of the service contract over 7 years assuming 2 oil changes per year. There are a few other minor benefits like that in there as well. This is the first time I've ever purchased an extended warranty for any car - and this is my 35th year of driving! But as I was sitting in my new Jeep figuring out how all the stuff works I decided that there sure is a lot of stuff that could break so I looked around for warranty plans and for $1040 bumper to bumper I decided to take that bet since I tend to keep my cars for at least 7 years.
Same boat. 30 years of driving and no warranty. Usually fix everything myself, but toooo many electronics in these new jeeps. Thanks for the info.
Shub45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #14
MattXJ
Registered User
2014 WK 
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 174
Has anyone in Canada done something similar to this?


I tried all the dealerships in town and they refuse to negotiate on an extended warranty, and the prices are very steep. This includes the dealer when I was buying mine. They assure me the prices are set by Chrysler Canada and there's no option to discount. The prices I've been quoted so far are outrageous.
__________________
89 XJ (Ltd): RE 3.5", full leafs, 3/4" coil spacers, RE monotubes, JKS Adj trac, tcase drop, OME steering stab., BFG AT 31x10.5xR15s on 15x8 3.75bs, Borla cat-back
14 WK2 SRT: DiabloSport catch can, Borla S-Type
MattXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 03:14 PM   #15
canistel
Registered User
2012  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 34
When I bought my jeep few weeks ago the dealer wanted an extra (roughly) $50 / month for the extended warranty. That works out to over 3600 over the span of the payments, and it's a 2012. I didn't see the point in handing over an extra 3600 just for an extra 2 years of warranty. I can do a lot of repairs for 3600 and if I start reaching that price within the 2 or 3 years that I own the thing without having the extended warranty (so when it is between 5 and 7 years old), well then it's obviously a sign to offload the jeep for something else.

Chrysler is not a charity, they sell the warranty because it makes them money. On average, Chrysler will make more money on the extended warranty then it costs them to fix stuff, that should be a sign that it's cheaper for us as consumers to skip the paid warranty.

Maybe I'm wrong, but at $3600 I just couldn't see how the math in any way was benefiting me.
canistel is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.