My WK2 shopping journey - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > My WK2 shopping journey

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
petetherocker
2012 WK 

My WK2 shopping journey

I have been shopping for a JGC for about 1.5 years, since fall of 2011.

Originally I was hoping that I could pick up a used 2011 with low kms. I was flip-flopping back and forth between a Limited and Laredo X and a 70th anniversary, and though they were available, they wanted what I thought was too much money (apparently the most awarded SUV ever commands the strongest asking price ever). Over the course of 1.5 years I e-mailed many dealers asking for full options reports/carproof reports and/or special pricing. As a result, they had my e-mail/phone # in their databases and for the past 1.5 years I would routinely get calls/and or e-mails from these dealers asking if I was still in the market and what they could offer me. Their pricing was still too high and I was never able to buy one. I refused to pay $ 10k more than my American bretheren.

Fast forward to last week when I noticed another 2012 JGC Limited in British Columbia and began communication and negotiation. The price they provided was about the best Iíd ever received (itís hard to compare apples to oranges as the jeeps quoted me in the past were not always the same model & year and almost never had the same options or kms for a fair comparison). I was fully prepared to purchase the B.C JGC (a few items to be taken care of notwithstanding) when I received yet another call from a local Alberta dealer asking if I was still in the market. I told him I was about to close on a deal, he asked what it was and said he had an 2012 Overland and was prepared to beat the Limited's price.

it wasnít my intention to play one dealer against the other, but the local dealer had an Overland with lower kms (1,200 kms /720 Miles), lower aksing price & lower admin fees so I simply couldn't pass on that. In the end I no doubt paid more than my neighbours to the south, but not by much. I bought her in a Northern Alberta small town that sells primarily trucks, and apparently she was on their lot for 200 days, so they were anxious to get rid of her and I obliged.

Anyway, here she is. 2012 Overland, 4x4, Black, V6, Bright polished wheels, ACC and the chrome group (didn't overly want the chrome group, but this is what they had).

that Adaptive Cruise Control is the cat's meow...as is the cooled seats.

petetherocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Nice looking ride; should serve you well in those BC Winters.
DangFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
boyvan
2012 WK 

Nice ride. Welcome to the Jeep family. What are your thoughts on warranty?
Unread 05-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
nyrhockey23

Man, not for nothing, but if you're willing to wait 1.5yrs to get the absolute best possible deal and squeeze every penny you could, i'm glad i don't have to deal with you as a customer in any way

Your coupon book must be impressive, though.
nyrhockey23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 04:34 AM   #5
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Very nice! Life is a journey......enjoy the ride.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:53 AM   #6
kkreit01

Very nice. At least the ride is not a Journey.
kkreit01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.