My JGC is in!! Kudos to Lester Glenn!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > My JGC is in!! Kudos to Lester Glenn!!

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinAlloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
Napoleon1982

My JGC is in!! Kudos to Lester Glenn!!

After much anticipation, my 2014 JGC Limited 4x4 with Luxury II and Nav, in True Blue Pearl and Black interior arrived and I picked it up tonight!! The color is really nice and unique; I haven't seen any around here (I see mostly black, white, and graphite).

And I do have to give a huge shout out to Lester Glenn in New Jersey, specifically my sales guy Sal Minecci and the internet sales person Michelle Benigno. They made this process easy, comforting, no pressure sales, and fun and if anyone in NJ is looking, go there!! I traveled an hour out of my way simply because they gave me the best price in the state and treated me like royalty the entire way through. I had a HORRIBLE experience with 3 other jeep dealers prior (Rt 18 Jeep, Freehold Jeep, and Flemington Jeep) so Sal and Michele were a breath of fresh air. In fact, their price was so good, I had several other dealers tell me flat out that it was "impossible" to get the cost that low and warned me there would be added fees and costs. But they were wrong, there were no hidden fees, everything out on the table, and my lease was based on a sale price that was 3.4% below invoice.

Anyways, this is a HUGE change for me. I am coming off a 2005 Acura RSX that was very basic (but love love loved that car and it gave me 195,000 fun miles). Now I'm in this Jeep that is FILLED with technology and I don't even know where to begin! Even the concept of being able to connect my iPod blows my mind... let alone the UConnect system which has so many buttons and configuration options, it's definitely going to take me a while to learn the ins and outs. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but starting out its a challenge to use properly while driving. I'm used to hard buttons

I have the pano. sunroof which is massive. With it open, I feel like it's almost a convertible and lets in a crazy amount of natural light making the interior feel even larger. The ventilated seats are also a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL option; especially with black leather in the summer, it just cools of "the boys" nicely

Something else I noticed was the overall driving/handling is just superb, in my opinion. I really am not a fan of electric steering and have always just loved the feel of hydraulic stiff steering with total road feedback. This GC? Surprisingly TIGHT and when I drive, I can feel the road nicely and know exactly where my wheels are. And for a SUV with a high center of gravity, I was surprised to see how well it took curves at high speeds. I would guess the Rear Wheel bias has something to do with that, but I was able to take some off and on ramps with some decent speed without body roll or feeling out of control

The fiance and I are headed down the shore tomorrow morning, so we will be breaking it in right away. I'm so used to my tiny 2 door, squishing things into the hatch without room to spare. Will be nice to put chairs, cooler, and other things in there without a problem.

I'll take some photos tomorrow and post.... Whats the best way to do that? Photobucket? Other?

Proud to be part of the Jeep family! Hoping this works out and I can tell all the Chrysler pessimists that they were wrong.

Napoleon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #2
Harriedtwo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Enjoy! My wife owns (along with the bank) a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. She loves it, especially the back-up camera. She won't go off road, but she bought it for the comfort and it fit her physique. Now she doesn't need to worry about hitting the parking curb as she was doing in her 2000 Buick LeSabre, which was a great car for her.
Harriedtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 04:56 AM   #3
FreeJersey
2014 WK 

Congrats on the new GC. Hope you have many trouble free and enjoyable miles together.

I picked up my Limited in May and aside from the axle issue, it has been great.

Can I ask though, what exactly was the problem with RT18 Jeep? I have been dealing with them for years and they have always been more than fair with me. (This is my 3rd vehicle from them).
FreeJersey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 05:50 AM   #4
Napoleon1982

Well to be fair rt 18 jeep wasn't as bad as Freehold and Flemington. Rt 18 was the first dealer I went to when the process started. I got there and knew Iwwasn't ready to buy. I just wanted to test drive. The problem was the salesman, Bruce. He was not professional and actually a bit rude to me and my fiance. Because I wasn't ready to buy right then, he just reclined in his chair and says "then why are you here and why am I talking to you?" Not professional. I told him that when I was ready, if he treated me well and gave me a good price I'd be doing business with him. He gave me his card, slidit to me and said call me then.

I stood up and walked out. That was first jeep dealer and thought, man is this how jeep service is? I'll stick to acura where they treat me nicely.

Luckily lester glenn treated me well and was patient when I told them I wasn't ready to buy right then and there but would soon enough.
Unread 07-26-2014, 05:54 AM   #5
Wbeltran32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon1982
Well to be fair rt 18 jeep wasn't as bad as Freehold and Flemington. Rt 18 was the first dealer I went to when the process started. I got there and knew Iwwasn't ready to buy. I just wanted to test drive. The problem was the salesman, Bruce. He was not professional and actually a bit rude to me and my fiance. Because I wasn't ready to buy right then, he just reclined in his chair and says "then why are you here and why am I talking to you?" Not professional. I told him that when I was ready, if he treated me well and gave me a good price I'd be doing business with him. He gave me his card, slidit to me and said call me then. I stood up and walked out. That was first jeep dealer and thought, man is this how jeep service is? I'll stick to acura where they treat me nicely. Luckily lester glenn treated me well and was patient when I told them I wasn't ready to buy right then and there but would soon enough.
Congrats and enjoy!! Oh and btw *** clown Bruce sounds like a true D*%K. Lol.
Wbeltran32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 06:09 AM   #6
FreeJersey
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon1982 View Post
Well to be fair rt 18 jeep wasn't as bad as Freehold and Flemington. Rt 18 was the first dealer I went to when the process started. I got there and knew Iwwasn't ready to buy. I just wanted to test drive. The problem was the salesman, Bruce. He was not professional and actually a bit rude to me and my fiance. Because I wasn't ready to buy right then, he just reclined in his chair and says "then why are you here and why am I talking to you?" Not professional. I told him that when I was ready, if he treated me well and gave me a good price I'd be doing business with him. He gave me his card, slidit to me and said call me then.

I stood up and walked out. That was first jeep dealer and thought, man is this how jeep service is? I'll stick to acura where they treat me nicely.

Luckily lester glenn treated me well and was patient when I told them I wasn't ready to buy right then and there but would soon enough.
Wow. I don't know him. I deal with Alex, pretty decent guy. He was basically throwing keys at me to drive whatever I wanted. He knew me from previous vehicles and I told him I was there to compare the GC to the Explorer and Durango. Drove 2 Durango's and 3 GC's at RT18. Their service dept. is pretty good as well, just tell them you need a loaner and they schedule your service around when they have one available.

Enjoy your new Limited!
FreeJersey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2014, 06:27 AM   #7
Napoleon1982

I will probably use them for service work since I live in old bridge and they are close. Lester glenn gave me free oil changes but it's not worth driving 45 miles for oil lol. For oil changes I just use Mr Tire. For brakes, I buy them online and have my buddy who is a mechanic install them. Other big service will probably go to rt 18.
Unread 07-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #8
46er
2014 WK 

Quote:
I will probably use them for service work since I live in old bridge and they are close. Lester glenn gave me free oil changes but it's not worth driving 45 miles for oil lol. For oil changes I just use Mr Tire. For brakes, I buy them online and have my buddy who is a mechanic install them. Other big service will probably go to rt 18.
Enjoy it, good things come to those that wait I am about 2 miles from Lester Glenn, excellent dealership. Mine goes in for the first service tomorrow.
Unread 07-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #9
chowner
2014 WK 

Advertisement for the dealer
chowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #10
2kg4u
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowner View Post
Advertisement for the dealer
As it should be. When you have a good dealer experience it helps others to share it. We certainly are liberal at sharing our criticisms.
2kg4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #11
nyrhockey23

Quote:
I traveled an hour out of my way simply because they gave me the best price in the state and treated me like royalty the entire way through.
This cannot be true. Only BMW/MB treats their customers well.
nyrhockey23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #12
curbry
2012 WK 

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead

Congrats on the new GC.

I will say I have had great success with Flemington. They have hands down beat so many deals, literally deals that were already great. Dennis Obrien the sales mgr is a great guy and I deal direct with him usually.

2004 WJ 4.0L, 4x4 automatic 42re select trac, 242 tcase, d30 & d35, manual AC - my run around

2014 Mustang GT 5.0 with some goodies but nothing major yet...
curbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2014, 08:04 PM   #13
Napoleon1982

I just had a very very bad experience with Flemington. The guy from the internet sales that I was e-mailing with (Kenneth Schoenlank) was incredibly rude and condescending. Not only could he not beat Lester Glenn's price, he sent several e-mails saying he didn't believe me and that Lester Glenn was going to screw me over. Said things like "Come see me after they screw you over." When I explained that part of the reason for Lester Glenn's good price was because one of my friend's father used to own the place (his uncle now owns it). Kenneth then wrote "And you are trying to shop them at that price? haha!" I responded to please clarify his "haha" as I did not understand what was so funny. He wrote Nevermind, good luck.

Anyways, it left a very bad taste in my mouth. In the end Lester Glenn did not "screw me" and they treated me so incredibly kind the entire way through. Part of me has considered forwarding the e-mail chain to Kenneth's manager, but I doubt that would do anything.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.