My Diesel GC at BANKS for tuneing - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > My Diesel GC at BANKS for tuneing

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 05-27-2014, 05:22 AM   #91
diverb

Weeks. I know Chris said they are waiting to the exhaust tips to come back from being stamped, I believe the exhaust is made in house. CAI is also made in house I believe. They took all the OEM stuff of my vehicle and designed the after market parts, drove it for awhile with them on, then returned the vehicle to stock and then back to the BANKS aftermarket parts to show the performance gain numbers. Chris said the power increase is pretty noticeable and he said its a real pleasure to drive. Hopefully he will chime in soon and give us a better update.

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 6.7l Cummins - ARP head studs, H&S tune, 5" TBE DPF/EGR delete, GDP intake horn, S&B cold air intake, ATS trans pan, MagHytec dif covers, EDGE CTS turbo timer, FASS 95 lift pump
2012 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Limited, V&H pipes, V&H fuel pack, K&N air filter
1969 Dodge Charger R/T 440
diverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #92
D0dgeRam1500

Have you heard anything yet?
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi QC SB 4x4 SLT Texas Ranch Edition #0037 - Sold
1990 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4 - Sold
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 - Sold
2013 Dodge Charger SXT Blacktop Edition - Daily Driver

Clubs:
[URL="http://50.87.144.118/~tonkatoy/index.php"]Jersey Jeepers[/URL]

[QUOTE=EugeneTheTJ;15193707]His dad should've pulled out but he failed. Hence the ******* you interacted with.[/QUOTE]

For Sale:
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f126/99-04-jeep-grand-cherokee-rear-driveshaft-2216857/"]WJ NV247/D44a Rear Drive Shaft[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/plug-play-1999-02-jeep-grand-cherokee-sub-woofer-kit-2216849/"]Plug and Play Jeep Grand Cherokee Sub Woofer Kit[/URL]
D0dgeRam1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #93
bigbadbru

Gentlemen:

First and foremost I apologize for my lack of participation. Just been burning it at both ends but that is no excuse and I will do my best in the future to be a little more diligent keeping everyone posted. I have not had time to read through all the posts so this is a general update. I will look through all the posts and see if there are any specific questions that I need to answer and respond to them.

Diver has been asking me to update and in fact when I was traveling last week I had prepared a nice response to everyone when I erased it. However, that is a good thing since I was just in the shop and saw them fitting the new redesigned exhaust tips on Diver’s DGC. The pictures show the high-temp black tip installed on Diver’s. I will get some shots of the chrome-over stainless shortly and post them as well. Sorry it took so long but we redesigned the tip to be larger and fit better in the opening in the rear fascia.

For the Dodge guys I have yet to see a new Ram Eco Diesel but if anyone in the area (Azusa CA) has one please message me as I would love to borrow it for a few days. I am pretty sure that the same tip will work and look great for the exhaust set-up that runs under the bumpers. I will have a hemi version of the 1500 with that exhaust configuration later this week early next to do a test fit so I will know more then.

As for the CAI intake and the tuner they are both still in development. The CAI intake is in the CAD phase and hopefully if all goes well I will have a 3D printed version done in the next few weeks to do a test fit etc. We have a prototype tuner installed on Diver’s DGC that is working well and not setting any codes. I have not had it on the Dyno yet but the seat of your pants feel is definitely noticeable. As we get more data and on the dyno I will keep you guys up to speed.

Again I apologize for the delay and I will do a better job keeping all of you informed and up to speed. Thank you all for the patience and I truly appreciate all of the feedback and support.

Regards,
Chris
photo-1.jpg   photo-2.jpg   photo-3.jpg   photo-4.jpg  
bigbadbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2014, 11:51 PM   #94
GRIM_REAPER_76
2014 WK 

Hello,

I was wondering if there will be an exhaust system developed by Banks for the Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit EcoDiesel which has different exhaust tips than the Overland or Limited EcoDiesels?
GRIM_REAPER_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 03:13 AM   #95
chocco

Chris,

Any updates ????
chocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2014, 07:56 AM   #96
diverb

The last update I received from Chris was Gale Banks was actually driving the GC for a few weeks with everything installed to provide his input. I know the exhaust is done and CAI has been designed and the prototype tuner is on, but Chris has been pretty close hold with the horsepower & torque numbers until they are further along, plus I'm sure they don't want any of their competitors to know what they have been able to achieve on the 3.0 VM diesel engine.

Chris did tell me its a lot more fun to drive now, and when I get home in October and fly out to pick it up, he said I should be pleasantly surprised by the throttle response.
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 6.7l Cummins - ARP head studs, H&S tune, 5" TBE DPF/EGR delete, GDP intake horn, S&B cold air intake, ATS trans pan, MagHytec dif covers, EDGE CTS turbo timer, FASS 95 lift pump
2012 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Limited, V&H pipes, V&H fuel pack, K&N air filter
Unread 07-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #97
seelymike

Excited for the outcome!
seelymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #98
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverb View Post
The last update I received from Chris was Gale Banks was actually driving the GC for a few weeks with everything installed to provide his input. I know the exhaust is done and CAI has been designed and the prototype tuner is on, but Chris has been pretty close hold with the horsepower & torque numbers until they are further along, plus I'm sure they don't want any of their competitors to know what they have been able to achieve on the 3.0 VM diesel engine.

Chris did tell me its a lot more fun to drive now, and when I get home in October and fly out to pick it up, he said I should be pleasantly surprised by the throttle response.
You are going to be a happy camper. I finally got to meet up with Chris today and we took a little spin in your Jeep. Compared to mine, yours spins up faster and shifts smoother so I'm on board for the exhaust and tuner myself.

As for Banks... What a classy organization. Chris took time out of his day and gave me the grand tour. The fact that they have 4 VM diesels sitting in crates plus a few in project vehicles tells me they are serious about taking care of us Jeep diesel guys.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2014, 03:21 AM   #99
diverb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert J. yates View Post
You are going to be a happy camper. I finally got to meet up with Chris today and we took a little spin in your Jeep. Compared to mine, yours spins up faster and shifts smoother so I'm on board for the exhaust and tuner myself.

As for Banks... What a classy organization. Chris took time out of his day and gave me the grand tour. The fact that they have 4 VM diesels sitting in crates plus a few in project vehicles tells me they are serious about taking care of us Jeep diesel guys.
That's awesome! Thanks Robert. Did you see the CAI on the Jeep, how does it look? Any difference in sound? My guess with the DPF still intact it wont sound any louder. I'm even more excited to get home and drive it now!
Unread 07-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #100
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I don't believe the CAI is installed on your truck yet as we only talked about the exhaust and the tuner. Talk to Chris about that product as they seem to have a pretty good handle on it and when they do get done with R&D, it's something I'm interested in as well. The big take away I have from talking to Chris and visiting their facility is that they understand the VM motor very well. That is very good news for us.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #101
Jgcdieselpowere

I've always been impressed with Banks and look forward to all the great products to come from Banks and this awesome vehicle!!
Jgcdieselpowere is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.