My Diesel GC at BANKS for tuneing - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > My Diesel GC at BANKS for tuneing

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #31
onebluemcm
2014 WK 

Looks pretty straight forward to me, they got it fitting in there nice if not maybe a tad close to the rear diff. I attached a pic of the electronic limited slip diff in mine. I'm not sure it's a lot bigger, but I think it might be a bit bigger. Hard to get a great photo of it, obviously mine is not on a rack. Next time you talk to them, might let them know about this option. If they revise the prototype they might want to leave a bit more room just to be safe and sure it fits all models.

elsd-jgc.jpg  
Unread 03-11-2014, 01:04 PM   #32
diverb

2014 WK 

I was just looking at yours vs mine, your rear diff looks larger. I guess I don't have the Quadra-drive II. I agree the fit looked pretty tight on mine with that exhaust. So far they said they have only put 200 miles on that exhaust and they are working on the air intake right now. They want to tint my front drivers/passenger window, they said it photographs better, so that makes me wonder if they are going to put it on their website under projects or maybe a magazine. Most of these mods I suspect will be for the same engine in the Ram 1500 which will likely sell very well. Will post more when I get more back from BANKS
Unread 03-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #33
phil385
2014 WK 

This is awesome and I couldn't think of someone more deserving
Unread 03-12-2014, 03:39 PM   #34
bigbadbru

Hey guys I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I am diverB's contact at Banks and the guy that sends him the photos. I am new to the whole forum thing so I apologize off the bat if I do or say something wrong. He and I were e-mailing as I try not to go a day without giving him an update or a photo and he suggested that I join the forum, so here I am. I am not here to sell you my stuff or tell you why ours is better than others, that is up to you. I am here because I truly enjoy reading his posts and all of yours, and in all honesty it makes me feel good that by me taking a few minutes out of my day to send him an update and some photos brings him some happiness and something to look forward to being so far away from home. Even though I have never met him in person and only spoke to him on the phone a few times I already know I am going to have to call in sick the day after he arrives to get his Jeep. Pretty sure we will both be cabbing it home that night!!!

I also want to thank you guys for some of the suggestions regarding fitment and I just sent diverB the photo of the Reworked Y-pipe that eliminates the clearance concerns. I will let him post it later when he has a chance to see it and get online. So long story short I look forward to getting to know you guys, learning more about Jeeps and not just diesel ones, and having some fun and good laughs while doing it.

Cheers,
Chris
bigbadbru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #35
onebluemcm
2014 WK 

Hi Chris! Welcome, even though I certainly haven't been around this forum as long as some of the other guys. Very glad to see you poking around here.

It's really great what you are doing working with diverb and his vehicle. Should be a great project for Banks. The progress photos are a great idea. You all might have looked at the prototype Y-pipe and though it was a little close on your own, I just thought it would be good to post a pic of the other diff variant in case it would help. If anything else like that comes up and you wished you could look at another vehicle, this is a great place to find someone that could shoot a pic or what not.
Unread 03-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #36
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbru View Post
Hey guys I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I am diverB's contact at Banks and the guy that sends him the photos. I am new to the whole forum thing so I apologize off the bat if I do or say something wrong. He and I were e-mailing as I try not to go a day without giving him an update or a photo and he suggested that I join the forum, so here I am. I am not here to sell you my stuff or tell you why ours is better than others, that is up to you. I am here because I truly enjoy reading his posts and all of yours, and in all honesty it makes me feel good that by me taking a few minutes out of my day to send him an update and some photos brings him some happiness and something to look forward to being so far away from home. Even though I have never met him in person and only spoke to him on the phone a few times I already know I am going to have to call in sick the day after he arrives to get his Jeep. Pretty sure we will both be cabbing it home that night!!!

I also want to thank you guys for some of the suggestions regarding fitment and I just sent diverB the photo of the Reworked Y-pipe that eliminates the clearance concerns. I will let him post it later when he has a chance to see it and get online. So long story short I look forward to getting to know you guys, learning more about Jeeps and not just diesel ones, and having some fun and good laughs while doing it.

Cheers,
Chris
Welcome Chris... if you folks ever need another Ecodiesel for testing that is local to you, hit me up as I'm in La Verne. Its a full zoot Overland with the offroad package (skidplates and tow hooks) and Quadradrive. You folks had my 08CRD Grand Cherokee in for a look see back in early 09 but nothing ever came of it..... but it did come back with a full tank of diesel LOL.
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 10:09 PM   #37
ECOBIX

Do you have audio clips with no mufflers?
ECOBIX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #38
chartx

Quote:
Hey guys I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I am diverB's contact at Banks and the guy that sends him the photos.

Cheers,
Chris
Welcome Chris to the forum. I applaud you guys' effort and time in this project. I want to ask few questions about diesel tuning if that is appropriate.

1- How does DEF in new diesel engines make a difference in tuning? Is it limiting any performance increase?
2- Do you guys achieve any mpg improvements in addition to performance?
3- Did you guys work on Porsche Cayenne diesel before? If so what was the end result? [hmm asking this in Jeep forum can be wrong , but curiosity ]

Thanks!
chartx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #39
MuSh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOBIX
Do you have audio clips with no mufflers?
It will sound basically the same as stock. Go disconnect your y pipe and you'll see for yourself. I wasn't thrilled, but it's true. The mufflers don't really have anything to muffle. As it stands, a dpf-back exhaust will be for performance, not sound. I have a video of my exhaust with the entire section removed(y pipe and back) during my magnaflow install. I just need to upload it someday.
MuSh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 12:52 AM   #40
diverb

2014 WK 

Here's the new reworked Y pipe to accommodate the rear end of the different models
Unread 03-13-2014, 01:38 AM   #41
bigbadbru

Oneblue:

In all honesty that first iteration of the exhaust was tight because of me. I was so excited to drive it that I couldn't wait for the fabricator to finish the second y-pipe he was making. That car is just plain awesome and in all honesty either a Diesel Grand or Ram will be my next vehicle. I actually was going to order the Ram and I called my Jeep lady on the Monday after their Friday release and they had sold all 8000 allocated for the initial run to customers. That means dealers have not even been able to order any stock for their lots. It sucks for me but at the same time is awesome!!

Robert:

We are literally neighbors as I live in San Dimas and will absolutely take you up on your offer!

Chartx:

If you don't mind I am going to forward your questions to one of my engineers to answer because in all honesty they are way smarter then me on all things diesel. I will post their response as soon as I have it. As for the Porsche diesel we have not had the chance to have one at the shop but I am sure if the opportunity presents itself we will definitely take a look at it!

Ecobix:

We do sound testing on all of our exhaust so once I have it I will gladly share it with you guys. My personal observation so far is it has a nice gurgle at idol and the sound changes a little when you get on it but I think Mush is correct the change in sound is not like what you get from gassers or diesels with less emissions equipment.

Sorry for replying to everyone on one post but I figured it was the easiest way to answer everyone's questions. However, if individual posts are more appropriate then I will do that next time. On a separate note one of the cool things about working at Banks is I get to drive vehicles long before they come to market. I originally drove the Diesel Grand almost 3 years ago and I knew then it was going to be freaking awesome. The same day I drove the Jeep I drove a European Lancia (Chrysler 300) with the 3.0L in it and I have to tell you it was absolutely ridiculous. As far as I know you can get it in Europe but I don't think it will make it to the states which is a travesty cause it was a rocket ship!

We are just finishing up flow bench testing on the stock system as well as ours and the preliminary results are awesome. My goal is to have a production ready version on Driveb's grand in the next two weeks and will keep you guys posted.

If you guys have any more questions please feel free to let me know. I will do my best to answer them and if I can't I will get them to the guys that can.

Chris
bigbadbru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #42
Jackal01

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Oneblue:

Sorry for replying to everyone on one post but I figured it was the easiest way to answer everyone's questions.
That is actually the preferred method to multiple replies!

Also, there is a multi-quote button on the bottom right of each post. It has quotation marks and a plus sign. You click each post you wanna quote then hit the "quote" button and bam...all your posts are in one post to reply to. Makes it super easy.

Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #43
MuSh

Any timeline on the CAI?
MuSh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #44
diverb

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuSh View Post
Any timeline on the CAI?
Chris from BANKS, will be able to provide you better idea on when it will be available for sale, I do know they are testing one on my vehicle now
Unread 03-13-2014, 03:31 PM   #45
fun2drive

Chris and diverb:
This is working out to be a smashing thread. I know once Banks is done with their work I will be looking at their products, the ones that allow me more power with better fuel mileage if possible. tuning my SuperDuty improved my fuel mileage and torque substantially with no reliability issues...
fun2drive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.