My Diesel GC at BANKS for tuneing - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > My Diesel GC at BANKS for tuneing

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 03-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #16
diverb

Thanks for the comments, when BANKS sends me more photos and provides updates, I'll post them.

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 6.7l Cummins - ARP head studs, H&S tune, 5" TBE DPF/EGR delete, GDP intake horn, S&B cold air intake, ATS trans pan, MagHytec dif covers, EDGE CTS turbo timer, FASS 95 lift pump
2012 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Limited, V&H pipes, V&H fuel pack, K&N air filter
1969 Dodge Charger R/T 440
diverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #17
ferntree

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverb View Post
Thanks for the comments, when BANKS sends me more photos and provides updates, I'll post them.
Fabulous - can't wait - stay safe and thank you for your service!

Officer, these handcuffs are tight!
Just relax, they're new. They'll stretch after you wear them a while....
ferntree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #18
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2002ti View Post

Just a little pretentious arent you, sir! What does attitude have to with tell someone to read what I said!
Wtf does this say?...
loveracing1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #19
ferntree

2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing1988 View Post
Wtf does this say?...
Beats me....I'm thinkin he's gone and put a turbo on his crack pipe!!

Unread 03-07-2014, 06:33 AM   #20
diverb

BANKS is already starting on the exhaust. Here's the stock exhaust, I was told they have already begun to fabricate 3" DPF back no mufflers.
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW 6.7l Cummins - ARP head studs, H&S tune, 5" TBE DPF/EGR delete, GDP intake horn, S&B cold air intake, ATS trans pan, MagHytec dif covers, EDGE CTS turbo timer, FASS 95 lift pump
2012 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Limited, V&H pipes, V&H fuel pack, K&N air filter
Unread 03-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #21
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverb View Post
BANKS is already starting on the exhaust. Here's the stock exhaust, I was told they have already begun to fabricate 3" DPF back no mufflers.
Is it going to be the factory routing? As in single to dual out?
Unread 03-07-2014, 07:23 AM   #22
ferntree

2014 WK 

....this is going to be a great thread! Have they given any estimation as to the time-line before a kit might be available?

Unread 03-07-2014, 08:56 AM   #23
diverb

I was told that it will be duals and I suspect kits will be available by the end of the year. I don't return from the middle east until Sept and BANKS requested to keep the vehicle till the end of Sept, 1st week in Oct. BANKS has been amazing, the POC there sends me an e-mail weekly with a brief run down on what they are doing and what they are planning on doing. So far they said they already have the cold air intake being designed on the CAD and will have something soon to begin testing on my GC to the get the MAP sensor and tuning down. With me being gone and being a single guy with no family of my own, each week hearing from BANKS gives me something to look forward too. My other 2 deployments seemed to drag on, but with the GC getting worked and the occasional photo the time passes by faster. I'll keep you all posted as I get more info in.
Unread 03-07-2014, 01:30 PM   #24
Hendrix9
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveracing1988 View Post
Is it going to be the factory routing? As in single to dual out?
Since it's coming from a single turbo, it kind of has to be a single to dual setup...

I'm excited to see what banks can do with this, and how much torque this transmission can take(rated at 516)!
Hendrix9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #25
loveracing1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix9 View Post

Since it's coming from a single turbo, it kind of has to be a single to dual setup...

I'm excited to see what banks can do with this, and how much torque this transmission can take(rated at 516)!
I realize this but I didn't know if they would route it to just one outlet. At first thought dual 3" seemed excessive.
Unread 03-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #26
TurboRush

Good stuff and THANK YOU for your service.
TurboRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #27
philbytx
2014 WK 

Warranty issues?

I would only consider this if Banks worked with Chrysler/Jeep and gave you a warranty.
philbytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 07:55 PM   #28
MuSh

Glad to hear they are working on the CAI. Hopefully, it will improve the sound since the dpf-back exhaust won't. It would be nice if it opens up the turbo noise. I'm tired of sounding stock.

Keep us updated as things progress!
MuSh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 07:56 PM   #29
onebluemcm
2014 WK 

I was thinking about this thread and the OP more today - for a true motor head, this is really pretty cool. Banks has clear interest in the engine for their own applications and potential military contracts. I'm sure they are fully aware of the potential revenue from aftermarket products with all the 1/2 ton trucks in the pipe that will have this power plant. The engine itself is a really sophisticated piece from all the info I've read, probably also a reason Banks is interested in working with it. And some of, if not the, earliest R&D with the engine in a chassis is on the WK2! It's just really cool. Thanks to the OP for taking the initiative to make it happen, such a great move. Clearly he'll have some immediate benefit, but there is some risk for sure.

And I also have been meaning to reply just to say a true heartfelt thanks for your service as well, if nothing else from one Michigan native (originally and still at heart) to another.
Unread 03-10-2014, 10:03 PM   #30
diverb

Thanks for your comments. Here's the first prototype of the DFP back NO mufflers 3" exhaust. BANKS has said with the no backpressure, in lower RPM's the vehicle is shifting quicker from 1-4gear and the turbo is spooling up faster. As soon as I get a video clip, I'll pass it along;

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.