My 2012 yayaya. What the heck? -
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > My 2012 yayaya. What the heck?

Yeti Paracord Handles are in at JeepHut.comFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! 6th annual beat your wife to the credit cards sale!!

Unread 11-05-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
My 2012 yayaya. What the heck?

I bought my son a 12 JGC new in 12. He is a pro golfer on the mini tour and drives to events.

We liked it so much we bought a back up 14 that I used from time to time. I had previously bought the kids Hondas due to the great reliability -- maybe I should have kept doing it.

At 50,000 miles I had Uconnect issues -- no big deal; a 2.5 year old expensive OE battery go bad; and then a cylinder grenade.

Two weeks after the all day cylinder replacement , the car begins making a noise while driving that may be an alternator or water pump-- just dropped it off.

God almighty, I haven't been on here in awhile . Are these things junk?

458vipergt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2015, 04:02 PM   #2
2013 WK 
Yep. I've had nothing but problems with mine, and while JeepCares on here is really nice and helpful, it's become clear through him that FCA doesn't care about it's customers. I'm never buying an FCA product again and advising anyone I know not to as well.
- A Jeep product
- Other vehicles
- Motorcycles
mx71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2015, 04:28 PM   #3
My Reality Check Bounced
2011 WK 
There are quite a few here with zero problems through 100,000 miles, many more with just little things, and some with serious issues... about the same as you see on other brand boards, Honda, Toyota, Cheby, Ferd, VW, Audi, Merc..... if its not one thing then its 10 others .

The WK2 seems to be better than the typical jeep.
2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6, 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
ColdCase is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2015, 05:26 PM   #4
2014 WK 
Kinda junky, yup. Comfy ride but loads of recalls and stuff breaking.
MichiganRich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2015, 11:37 PM   #5
2014 WK 
If recalls were the yard stick for reliability, Toyota and Honda would be the worst or 3rd worst (they flip flopped with each other) the past two years. I'd rather they fix the broken thing for free than spend millions to try and cover it up, like some other supposedly reliable car companies.

Only one warranty-related issue here (water pump replacement, which the Hemi engines are known for). Others have had no issues for over a hundred thousand miles, as ColdCase stated. I know many happy WK2 owners. There will always be some with issues, unfortunately, as they are designed and made by human beings. Sorry that you are one of those unlucky few, and I hope that things get only better for you and your son from now on.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
5.7L Hemi V8, Luxury Group II, Navigation
SouthDakota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.