My 2012 Overland SRT Hybrid - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > My 2012 Overland SRT Hybrid

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 10-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
Dondula
2012 WK 

My 2012 Overland SRT Hybrid

Hey guys, I just wanted to show off my completed project. This was my attempt to combine all my favorite visual items from both an Overland and an SRT-8. It's been a long road getting everything the way I wanted but in the end i'm pretty happy with the results. Being there are so many of us Jeep owners on the road I finally feel like I made the car my own and could stand apart from the rest of the lineup. First off i'd like to thank Chad from Black Ops for working with me on the body kit. I wont comment too much on the preparation or the installation process of the bumpers because mine will most likely be alot different then yours if you order a kit. Chad and I were in communication throughout the whole process and he has been adjusting and perfecting the kit for a more streamline install. Its hard to tell from the pictures but the exhaust tips are beasts and look great in person, the chrome stands out a lot more than the black OEM tips.

Other mods on the car include

Taillight Solutions rear fog kit
Sharkfin antenna
LED License plate bulb replacement
Replica SRT 20in rims
De-badged rear and finished off with SRT Design badge

I know there is a lot going on here, and its sort of mixing "looks" but overall I think it all works for my tastes. I'm really not trying to be a poser by turning the car in to an SRT-8 and to be honest I think only die hard jeep fans would even notice a difference, but I love the SRT design and being the price went up so much since I owned my WK SRT-8 I thought I'd work with what I have.
Any way I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Here is a night shot before I changed from stock rims

and one from the back to show the tail light solutions kit

and the badging

Last edited by Dondula; 11-02-2012 at 02:31 PM..
Dondula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
its-me-B
2002 WJ 

is that a camera in the front, lower part of the bumper?
Zombie Outbreak Response Unit #396
its-me-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

That would be the radar for the adaptive cruise control and brake warning.
Unread 10-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #4
airec13
2012 WK 

Awesome!

You just need the SRT8 hood now. And just my $0.02, but I think the stock 20" wheels look better than the SRT replicas but to each their own (obviously). Well done and thanks for sharing!
airec13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
rchung813

It looks amazing. The only thing I don't like are the nerf step bar, but that's just MHO. I wish Jeep would make one more sportier and integrated with the GC. What is the total cost to have the kit?
rchung813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #6
Dondula
2012 WK 

Thanks for the comments guys. In the next day or so i'm probably going to remove the chrome side strips on the doors and replace it with the GC chrome letters like on the SRT, I just think it cleans it up more. Not a lot of people are fans of the side steps, for some reason I like them though. I could of done a rep SRT hood for under a grand but I didn't really think its that noticable unless you're sitting in the car looking out at the air scoops. I don't want an exact SRT replica but more of mixing the best of both the overland and the srt. If I start replacing too much then its just a pure SRT8 clone. The kit for the front and rear shipped is about $2500, the rep rims were about a grand and install, paint and moding will vary depending on your body shop. This was the first kit shipped to the US so it was a lot of trial and error, but adjustments are being made for future kits. I'll post some more pics after the side molding is removed this week.
Unread 10-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #7
jchochla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondula View Post
Thanks for the comments guys. In the next day or so i'm probably going to remove the chrome side strips on the doors and replace it with the GC chrome letters like on the SRT, I just think it cleans it up more. Not a lot of people are fans of the side steps, for some reason I like them though. I could of done a rep SRT hood for under a grand but I didn't really think its that noticable unless you're sitting in the car looking out at the air scoops. I don't want an exact SRT replica but more of mixing the best of both the overland and the srt. If I start replacing too much then its just a pure SRT8 clone. The kit for the front and rear shipped is about $2500, the rep rims were about a grand and install, paint and moding will vary depending on your body shop. This was the first kit shipped to the US so it was a lot of trial and error, but adjustments are being made for future kits. I'll post some more pics after the side molding is removed this week.

Good to see more Michigan residents on here! I am from the Grosse pointe area. I have a black 2012 Overland 5.7L V8. I love how your car came out. It looks like a very clean install. I am planning on getting Forgiato's for next spring. Hope to see you around sometime!
jchochla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #8
Ungerer

Love your sweet jeep . Are the fog light plag and play ?
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #9
henrysko
2011 WK 

Tastefully tweaked.

Nice job!
Unread 11-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
Looney
2011 WK 

lovin the rims and exhaust.
Unread 11-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
Dondula
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ungerer View Post
Love your sweet jeep . Are the fog light plag and play ?
Thanks!, yeah the lights for the most part were plug n play, I think the body shop had to do a little more wiring on top of it but nothing major
Unread 11-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
jd31

Looks really sharp! I dig it.

Which led bulbs did you use for the license plate?
jd31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
Dondula
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd31 View Post
Looks really sharp! I dig it.

Which led bulbs did you use for the license plate?
I was going to use ones from Vleds but they were on backorder for months so I just got these from Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-194-T10-W...34b513&vxp=mtr
Unread 11-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #14
MickinNY
2013 WK 

Sweet! I've always liked the look of the side step myself. At least that particular style. The flat style step I don't care for.
MickinNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
2MchFun
2011 WK 

Pretty cool! For a minute there I thought you had installed a bunch of batteries in your GC

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.