Mounting Radar Detectors in the Overland - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Mounting Radar Detectors in the Overland

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 12-17-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
john07slade
2011 WK 

Mounting Radar Detectors in the Overland

In my last couple of GCs I used a blendmount to mount my radar detector to the rear view mirror stem. I have an Overland ordered that will be here next week so I haven't seen the mirror yet.

I saw a Limited on the lot today and it looked like the stem is coming down from ABOVE. For those of you with Overlands, is this the same? Also, if anyone has mounted a radar detector, how have you done it (except for the suction cup mounts).

Thanks for your input.

John

john07slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
2011Hemi
2011 WK 

If your Overland has the Adaptive Cruise package you may not want a radar detector. I have read several reports stating that the Adaptive cruise uses radar and makes the detectors go crazy. One report made it sound like it was only a problem when you got close to traffic ahead of you.
2011Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
john07slade
2011 WK 

Never thought of that. I do have the adaptive cruise and it does use radar but I thought it would use a different frequency than police radar. We'll have to see how it goes, but I still don't know where I'm going to mount the thing.
john07slade is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.