mopar rock sliders 82212157 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > mopar rock sliders 82212157

50% Off Sale at KrawlOff-Road.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 01-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #1
metalic5
2014 WK 

mopar rock sliders 82212157

whats every ones takes on these, i'm thinking of putting them on a 2014 billet silver overland diesel. just want peoples opinion on how they think they would look.

p.s. if anyone has a pic of theirs with them share it please, would love to see a billet silver overland with them, but cant seem to find any pictures online.

thanks,

metalic5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2015, 07:11 AM   #2
canistel
2012 WK 

Just do a google image search:

canistel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2015, 07:16 AM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

There are links to both mopar an rr sliders and tube bars in the modification thread sticky... Black ones however. There may be a chrome photo in the picture thread.
Unread 01-08-2015, 07:56 AM   #4
DirtEmax-USMC

mopar rock sliders 82212157

What's the largest tire you can run on these jeeps. Those look aftermarket

Also how much are the RR sliders

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
DirtEmax-USMC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2015, 09:11 AM   #5
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtEmax-USMC View Post
What's the largest tire you can run on these jeeps. Those look aftermarket

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Check the wheel and tire fitment sticky thread and other wheel and tire sticky threads for discussion. The answer depends of tire manufacture and model, wheel backspacing, how much fender you want to trim and bend and your definition of fit. Details are in the threads, discussed often.
Unread 01-08-2015, 03:07 PM   #6
ferntree

2014 WK 

They are a really solid bit of gear and a PIA to fit. Ended up getting the dealer to fit them before we took delivery.
They also come in handy in a tight parking space. I put the Jeep into OR2 for the a$$hats who open their doors wide.
jeep1.jpg  
ferntree is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2015, 07:31 PM   #7
gabbagabba
2014 WK 

Ditto, solid rock rails, took my dealer a lot of time to get them on and then I had to bring it back b/c they caused some mild body damage in the process. So they are not "bolt on", if you r buying for looks or as a step dont bother, if you need for off road then yes they are hard core. To do it over prob would have gone with RROutfitters ones. also, they are not true powder coated and sand and pebbles from the tires take the textured paint off pretty easily. The dealer touched them up with bedliner which has held up worse. I will likely recoat them myself in the spring.
gabbagabba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2015, 10:31 AM   #8
eibyer

I have the trailhawk rails and love it. No tube on the side to stick out (no door ding protection though) but definitely a must and some skid plates if you go out on rocky trails.
eibyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 11:37 AM   #9
robvasi
2015 WK 

Protection from rocks

I plan to take my Jeep on unimproved roads. Before I knew rock rails existed, I purchased the chrome step rails as shown in the picture.

Is there is a way to add something that would protect the sides from rock damage?

Or should I replace these rails for something else?
150315.1049.0051.jpg  
Unread Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #10
spinxt

Quote:
Originally Posted by robvasi
I plan to take my Jeep on unimproved roads. Before I knew rock rails existed, I purchased the chrome step rails as shown in the picture. Is there is a way to add something that would protect the sides from rock damage? Or should I replace these rails for something else?
I think you answered your own question here....rock rails are what you need. Those side steps may end up doing more damage if if you high center than not having anything there at all.
spinxt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread Yesterday, 07:04 PM   #11
robvasi
2015 WK 

I just don't myself taking my new Jeep on a road that there is a potential to high-center. I will be on unimproved road and sand, going through washouts, to get to places to make photographs. So, I suppose there is always a potential, but I can always turn around if the hazard is significant.

I need to clarify what I meant by 'rock damage.' I was not referring to large rock that my Jeep is traversing, but to small rocks that are kicked up from the tires. I will have mud flaps installed tomorrow, are those enough?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.