MOPAR CAI Install question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > MOPAR CAI Install question

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #1
mortifer
2011 WK 

MOPAR CAI Install question

I just put on my MOPAR CAI last night and the directions state to "Detach the air inlet duct from the rubber edge trim", but never explicitly state to remote the duct. All of the pictures on the instructions seem to have the duct removed. I didn't try, but it doesn't look like the duct would fit in that space nor does it have a way to be secured in place. For those that have done this install - does the duct stay or is it removed? With it removed I could see how some water could possibly make its way to the filter.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Also, I bought this used and the M8X16 bolt that secures the intake tube to the power steering pump wasn't included. Is this a common enough bolt that Lowes or Home Depot would stock?

mortifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.