Moar powa! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Moar powa!

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 06-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #1
elarm1
2011 WK 

Moar powa!

I am on a quest to make my girl a little faster. On my Magnum I did 6.1 headers, 180 thermostat, CAI, and a tune. What headers will fit on my Jeep? Can I use the stock 6.4's or maybe the 6.1's. My mods are in my sig so whats next?

InTunes by HemiFever
elarm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 02:48 PM   #2
Jpiwonski
2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elarm1
I am on a quest to make my girl a little faster. On my Magnum I did 6.1 headers, 180 thermostat, CAI, and a tune. What headers will fit on my Jeep? Can I use the stock 6.4's or maybe the 6.1's. My mods are in my sig so whats next?
American racing headers make a great product, they will with the 5.7.
Jpiwonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

The WK2 engine compartment has a few obstructions, so headers need to be custom... I think American Racing` may have or about to come out with a set. There was a thread a few months ago here with the most practical options. I think the consensus was, you will save a lot of $$$ just by trading into a SRT.
Unread 06-19-2014, 07:24 PM   #4
Gunny7
2014 WK 

I've had that same though.
Couple thousand for exhaust. At least.
New intake.
Tires and wheels, another few thousand.
Computer tuner.
Still cannot redo the suspension.
Brakes.
Maybe for another 5K
Parts still in the box.
Easier to just get an SRT.
Gunny7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 08:35 AM   #5
elarm1
2011 WK 

Thing is, I Love an SRT but I don't want Srt problems. Tip toe driving so no one will hit it, expense of tires, gas, and limitations. This is why I bought my Overland. I can take it anywhere without all of the above. The tune gives it great powa but I want just a little more for everyday usage.
InTunes by HemiFever
elarm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Life is full of compromises

If you want to spend the $$$, there are ways to make the 5.7 go quicker without loosing features... but not much, if any, payback for everyday use.. you are talking at high rpm, near the limits (unless that's how you drive it everyday). So you want more torque for most of everyday driving, which means that, I think, you need to be looking at a custom speed shop..... unless you have the sophisticated tools, skill, and time to DIY. Browse the SRT forums for ideas that could translate to the 5.7. Changing out diffs is a non-starter. Perhaps a built tranny is available that will provide more driving satisfaction. There seems to be a wide range of production tolerances, there are definitely some 5.7s that run better than others... so you could look for a better running example.

Think about throwing out some weight and a smaller diameter tire (less sidewall).
Unread 06-21-2014, 11:12 AM   #7
hemispin
2014 WK 

Money no object, I'd drop my Jeep off at Hennessey in Texas or Nelson Racing Engines in Cali for a twin turbo 7.0L stroker...about 1000hp on pump gas.
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemispin View Post
Money no object, I'd drop my Jeep off at Hennessey in Texas or Nelson Racing Engines in Cali for a twin turbo 7.0L stroker...about 1000hp on pump gas.
I like the supercharged versions better for an everyday street ride...
Unread 06-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #9
xJoshxx
Web Wheeler

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemispin View Post
Hennessey you better off burning your $$$ Guy spent upwards of 20K for 95WHP at Hennessey for a Supercharger on his SRT...

Rippmods has 150whp gains for 7k and bolt on.

Rippmods has a bolt on kit for all the motors. in production.
The SRt-8's are a liberty design.
2011 WK2 ORA2
2012 WK2 SRT8
xJoshxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2014, 06:24 AM   #10
hemispin
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJoshxx View Post
Hennessey you better off burning your $$$ Guy spent upwards of 20K for 95WHP at Hennessey for a Supercharger on his SRT...
Sure Hennessey is a bit spendy, but I did say money no object. Who is this "guy" you say spent $20k? Was this just a supercharger? Often Hennessey upgrades wheels, tires, brakes, suspension, interiors, etc. If your guy spent 20k on only a supercharger, shame on him
hemispin is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.