Missing some soft key menu choices on my '14 Overland - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Missing some soft key menu choices on my '14 Overland

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-11-2014, 06:33 PM   #16
jacko15
2014 WK 

Many of those features do not exist on the '14, some will be available on the '15, some maybe never. Back to the quote from the manual:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309/.../#post19307818
What you see (in your vehicle) is what you get.

jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #17
Coastman
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_WK2 View Post

edit - Hey, I see you are from Arroyo Grande! I went to college at Cal Poly in SLO!
Jeff - Just saw your edit. Cal Poly is a great school!

We moved to the central coast about 6 years ago, but we still have a place in the Northern Sierra's, which is where we are at now (that 350 mile trip I mentioned in my initial post). We are on your alma mater campus pretty often to attend events a CalPac (an awesome venue!). In fact, we'll be there on the 27th to see Tommy Emmanuel.

-- Jeff - I just noticed that you are now in Milwaukee!??!! That had to be a tough move...….nothing against Milwaukee or anything, but the climate is just a tad nicer on the California coast! Especially this time of year!! (OK - I admit, I'm originally from Pennsylvania - though we moved to California 27 years ago!).
Coastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #18
Medpilot
2014 WK 

Yeah, not having the ambient lighting soft key wasn't a big deal for me either. I thought it was worth mentioning.

Congrats on your gas mileage btw. I haven't been able to get over 19mpg - EVIC (17.8 actual) in mixed driving (V6).
Medpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 07:50 PM   #19
RonH
2014 WK 

My Overland (3/13 build date) doesn't have the Entry/Exit on Park soft key setting either. I was disappointed at first, but now I realize that if I had it, we'd have to pull into a parking spot, put the vehicle in park, and then wait for the suspension to lower before we could open a door. So I'd probably be manually hitting the Lower button as I pulled into the lot so it would be lowered as soon as we parked. Which, of course, is what I do now.

If I could rub a lamp and get the Jeep Genie to grant a 3 soft key wishes, it would be for (1) a way to make the ECO button always default to OFF, and (2) if I turn the radio off, it stays off until I turn it on, even after turning off the car, (3) make the auto heated seats/wheel on start feature programmable so that I could optionally have it turn on the passenger seat and/or not turn on the wheel.
RonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 08:37 PM   #20
Coastman
2014 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonH View Post
My Overland (3/13 build date) doesn't have the Entry/Exit on Park soft key setting either. I was disappointed at first, but now I realize that if I had it, we'd have to pull into a parking spot, put the vehicle in park, and then wait for the suspension to lower before we could open a door. So I'd probably be manually hitting the Lower button as I pulled into the lot so it would be lowered as soon as we parked. Which, of course, is what I do now.

If I could rub a lamp and get the Jeep Genie to grant a 3 soft key wishes, it would be for (1) a way to make the ECO button always default to OFF, and (2) if I turn the radio off, it stays off until I turn it on, even after turning off the car, (3) make the auto heated seats/wheel on start feature programmable so that I could optionally have it turn on the passenger seat and/or not turn on the wheel.
Good point on the Park soft key RonH. I just have to get my old brain to remember to do that!
I'm still baffled as to how Jeep could put in this great stereo system with all these "bells and whistles", yet failed to include a simple "Off" switch that keeps the audio system turned off when you re start the vehicle. That is just plain dumb, IMHO.conn
My salesman suggested that just before turning off the car I select an audio input source that does not have anything connected (say the USB port). Since there is no source connected to the USB, when I restart the car, nothing will play. Then I just select the source I do want to play, and I'm good to go. A little klugey (sp?) but it's another way around this weird problem.
Coastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #21
Jeff_WK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastman View Post
Jeff - Just saw your edit. Cal Poly is a great school!

We moved to the central coast about 6 years ago, but we still have a place in the Northern Sierra's, which is where we are at now (that 350 mile trip I mentioned in my initial post). We are on your alma mater campus pretty often to attend events a CalPac (an awesome venue!). In fact, we'll be there on the 27th to see Tommy Emmanuel.

-- Jeff - I just noticed that you are now in Milwaukee!??!! That had to be a tough move....nothing against Milwaukee or anything, but the climate is just a tad nicer on the California coast! Especially this time of year!! (OK - I admit, I'm originally from Pennsylvania - though we moved to California 27 years ago!).
My wife and I are both Milwaukee natives so it's home for us. We like the 4 seasons, when we lived in CA we just about went nuts at times because the weather was always so boringly perfect We've lived in WI, CO, WA, CA, and TX and generally like living in WI the best. Last time I visited the Central Coast was 1998. I've kept up with the Cal Poly alumni stuff and it seems I wouldn't recognize the campus anymore, they have been on a long-term building boom. Would like to get back there for a vacation sometime.
Jeff_WK2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.