MDS: How It Works - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > MDS: How It Works

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #31
Redboots
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just returned from a 700 mile round trip. Left Lake Havasu, Arizona (450' elevation) and drove to southern Utah (elevation 5200'). The GC Overland Hemi turned 1000 miles on the trip. Using 87 octane gas, and driving full time between 65 and 80 mph, the MPG was 20.7 I'm happy with that. Might even do better after it's broken in a little more. BTW, no oil consumption.

Redboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #32
sim51

Hi,
Thanks for the information on MDS system. I have a 2007 Grand Cherokee with the Hemi 5.7 V8 in it with only 30,000 miles on the clock and i'm having a misfire on cylinder 1 and the occasional stall at idle, but only when its starting or just started. I'm starting to look fairly hard for answers through forums as i have had most things replaced including PCM lifters and all the common stuff. Do you think it could be related to MDS somehow as its cylinder 1? The car has been in and out, but mostly in the jeep dealership for the last year and a half. This is the thread if you are interested in more info and any help is much appreciated trust me! http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/5-7-hemi-1500784/

Thanks again
sim51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:42 AM   #33
Redboots
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The GC has about 14k miles on it now. Mileage is still varied between around 15 and 20 mpg depending on driving conditions, speed, etc. (just what you would expect). Oil consumption has gone to zero between 5000 mile oil changes, that's good (it was using about a quart per 1500 miles until the first oil change). My only concern remains that when I have someone follow me on a trip, they always comment on the rather substantial puff of white smoke the tail pipes emit, apparently as it goes to ECO mode. It doesn't do it every time, but pretty frequently. Sometimes it's described as a pretty substantial puff of smoke. My guess is it's unburned fuel as it drops a cylinder, but it just makes GC look cheap and broken when someone is following.
Redboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:43 AM   #34
CoupeHauler
2013 WK 

Ram2 said "Why would I buy a Hemi to drive 65mph or slower? "

I bought the Hemi to pull a car hauler - wanted the power and HD tow equip - not particularly interested in the high speed aspect the GC offers as the Police seemed to do a good job of taming the wild one in me
CoupeHauler is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.