Maximum steel metallic - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Maximum steel metallic

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 01-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
avalys
2012 WK 

Maximum steel metallic

I am looking at buying a 4WD WK2 Overland with the 5.7 L V8 and Off-Road package. Will be a big switch from my BMW coupe, but after living in Colorado for two years, I decided it is time to "do as the Romans do". I'm looking forward to checking out the great 4WD trails around here.

Have been having no luck finding a picture of "Maximum steel metallic" in the real world. It looks nice in the configurator, but that means little. Can't find anything on Google, and the dealer says there are none on the lot in that color.

Can anyone help me out? It almost looks like a matte finish online, which I wouldn't like, but if it more of a super-dark gray, that would be great.

I am also having trouble choosing between the black interior and saddle, but there are plenty of pictures available to assist with that...

avalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
rockit
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalys View Post
I am looking at buying a 4WD WK2 Overland with the 5.7 L V8 and Off-Road package. Will be a big switch from my BMW coupe, but after living in Colorado for two years, I decided it is time to "do as the Romans do". I'm looking forward to checking out the great 4WD trails around here.

Have been having no luck finding a picture of "Maximum steel metallic" in the real world. It looks nice in the configurator, but that means little. Can't find anything on Google, and the dealer says there are none on the lot in that color.

Can anyone help me out? It almost looks like a matte finish online, which I wouldn't like, but if it more of a super-dark gray, that would be great.

I am also having trouble choosing between the black interior and saddle, but there are plenty of pictures available to assist with that...
http://www.langanchrysler.com/new/Je...5f4c5ceea3.htm
rockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
avalys
2012 WK 

I tried the inventory search. It is hard to tell anything from a small photo of a dirty vehicle. That just looks black to me, and surely there must be something that differentiates this color from standard black. Thank you for your help, though.
avalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
rustyosaurus
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalys View Post
I tried the inventory search. It is hard to tell anything from a small photo of a dirty vehicle. That just looks black to me, and surely there must be something that differentiates this color from standard black. Thank you for your help, though.
i haven't seen one on the lot but i've seen lots of pictures. there are a few threads on the other forum about it. from what i understand it is very dark, with a hint of blue (more than grey). so more navy blue than the 2011 dark charcoal. i'm sure in certain light it looks more blue or black.
rustyosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #5
nickb12345

http://www.lyncheasttroy.com/newandu...dCherokee.aspx
nickb12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
Brettzies
2012 WK 

I saw one yesterday when I went to look at colors and tires. It was interesting and caught my eye so I walked over to it. In the bright sun it looked almost black but not quite. It was sparkly looking but seeing it in person made me know that I didn't want that color. I think getting straight black is better if you want that dark, but everyone has different tastes.

When I got my Jeep back in 99' the color was deep slate (grey), but it almost always looks black because the bottom trim is a light grey. You can tell when looking close or different times of day, but the color just appears black to most people. It looked great on the Limited but my Laredo just wasn't the same and it's the one thing I've always regretted. I even ordered the darn thing.

This time around I want to see exactly what I'm getting. In terms of colors, I'm leaning towards the Mineral Grey or Bright Silver. I have to say though, of all the models I saw on that lot, the best looking one was a black Overland with side boards.
Brettzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
RKLIMAS

I posted some pictures of my Maximum Steel on Jeep Garage (sorry for the competitor's site). Search Maximum Steel (early January 2012).
RKLIMAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
jgc4ever
2012 WK 

http://www.coloradochryslerjeepauror...389d56e463.htm
jgc4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #9
Abbie323

avalys, I'm like you... when in Rome... I just moved to New England from Florida and my 2WD honda CRV was not cutting it.

I was holding out for the Maximum Steel Metallic, which I just happened to purchase over the weekend. I have some good pics (I think) of my vehicle - I've attached them to this post.

I got the V6 Overland with the MSM exterior and saddle interior. I was on the fence regarding the interior, but everyone that has seen the car talks about how gorgeous the seats are. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I hope this helps...
p1203688.jpg   p1203685.jpg   p1203673.jpg   p1203687.jpg   p1203678.jpg  

Last edited by Abbie323; 01-24-2012 at 09:23 AM..
Abbie323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
rockit
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbie323 View Post
avalys, I'm like you... when in Rome... I just moved to New England from Florida and my 2WD honda CRV was not cutting it.

I was holding out for the Maximum Steel Metallic, which I just happened to purchase over the weekend. I have some good pics (I think) of my vehicle - I've attached them to this post.

I got the V6 Overland with the MSM exterior and saddle interior. I was on the fence regarding the interior, but everyone that has seen the car talks about how gorgeous the seats are. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I hope this helps...
That Color looks awesome good pictures great looking GC good luck
rockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
jimmyzwheelz
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yep...can't beat the Overland saddle interior...my wife loves hers! Brilliant black pearl exterior...great combo with the saddle interior.
Unread 01-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
2MchFun
2011 WK 

Nice looking ride! That first pic looks almost as black as mine.
Unread 01-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #13
Greg012GCO
2012 WK 

Looks exactly the same as mine, but I'm sure they called it Black Pearl or something. Love the color.
Greg012GCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #14
jgc4ever
2012 WK 

http://www.genesteffychryslerdodgeje...9cf86d726f.htm
jgc4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #15
Greg012GCO
2012 WK 

there's definitely blue in that one. it's different than mine.
Greg012GCO is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.