Maxi Care OUCH and OUCH - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Maxi Care OUCH and OUCH

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #1
oldmac1
2014 WK 

Maxi Care OUCH and OUCH

Having 3 Jeeps (13 total since 1993) with Maxi
Care and having 3 different dealers tell me that I have bumper to bumper repairs with the contracts I just got burned royally. Have a 2008 JK Unlimited Rubicon that son drives to work and back only
that the driver door mirror fell off at 75k miles (all freeway never off road) and a transmission line leaking and passenger door hinges (door seldom used he is single) needing replaced. Not covered under Maxi Care. Since the power train has a 100,00 mile warranty I have just spent 6,000$ for 3 Jeeps that are not bumper to bumper (Jeep salesmen told me they were at 3 different dealerships). Being a old guy and wanting peace of mind I believed the salesmen and just got burned royally when I needed my maintenance contract. Now I am going to be out 7,000$ and this old guy just figured out, NO MORE MAXI CARE for me. By the way, this was confirmed by Customer Satisfaction hotline. The only bright spot here was that Customer Care told me the truth and were very open and honest with me. Live and learn life's lessons. Caution is advised when buying a maintenance contract is my recommendation.

14 GC Overland
12 Liberty
08 Rubicon Unlimited
oldmac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
jacko15
2014 WK 

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, read the fine print in any contract at least twice before you sign it. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, believe what a sales "professional" tells you until you have read the fine print to corroborate what they have said. Sorry to hear your mistake cost you so much. That sucks!
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #3
moodyman

I dont understand why they are rejecting your claim...I found list of things that covered under maxicare...What exactly are they telling you??

Hinge, door/liftgate
Mirror, manual outside door
Mirror, remote heated outside door
Mirror, remote man outside door
Mirror, remote power outside door
moodyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
oldmac1
2014 WK 

What's even more confusing the dealer stated that the transmission lines were leaking. We were having the fluid changed. My 07 Chrysler when it leaked was visible on the driveway and they had a retrofit for it. Statement was made that that transmissions lines were not covered. The Jeep has Maxi Care and a Lifetime Powertrain warranty from Chrysler in 2008 when they were offered. Guess the leak happened on the mile drive from my house to the dealers. No visible leaks on the drive or at my son's work parking space. They are telling me that driver door rear view mirror (heated) is not covered, the transmission lines are not covered and the door hinges are not covered. The dealer never called back and I called them this evening to pick the car up and they basically said oops, we do not have the parts to fix the car they are on order. Requested a loaner and they may have one at 730am if he gets there first. Will not reimburse him for a rental, and they never called. Customer Care verified that we have the highest level of Maxi Care also. So far Maxi Care is a waste of money as well as Chrysler's lifetime power train warranty when it was issued in 2008. My intent on the Maxi Care was to have my wife and son's Jeeps free from worry and let them enjoy their Jeeps. Wasted my money in this case it appears. They sold me a lot of cars over the years at this dealership, can you guess who is not going back there again?

14 GC Overland
12 Liberty
08 Rubicon Unlimited
Unread 06-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
jacko15
2014 WK 

Did you call here?

NEED HELP OR ASSISTANCE WITH YOUR SERVICE CONTRACT?
IS YOUR ADDRESS UP-TO-DATE?
Write to:
Chrysler Service Contracts Inc.
P. O. Box 2700
Troy, MI 48007-2700
Note: All requests must contain your Name, Service Contract Number, and Vehicle
Identification Number.
Or phone us Toll Free - see hours below:
1-800-521-9922 (in USA)
1-800-465-2001 (in Canada)
Toll-Free Telephone Assistance is Available
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
For 24-Hour Roadside Assistance (Including Towing)
1-800-521-2779
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:40 AM   #6
oldmac1
2014 WK 

Called Customer Care, and they were very open and honest with me. Supposedly they are going to escalate this to Corporate Marketing and tell them to instruct the dealers to not sell Maxi Care as Bumper to Bumper coverage. I was told it was by 3 different dealers since 2008. If I knew they would not honor their word I would have saved the Maxi Care money spent and been further ahead over they years. Thirteen Jeeps and 2 Chrysler 300's since 1993 and when you need promised warranty service it is not fulfilled. Loopholes exist and seem to be growing to avoid warranty service and generate revenue instead in my opinion.

14 GC Overland
12 Liberty
08 Rubicon Unlimited
Unread 06-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #7
jacko15
2014 WK 

Here's a copy of the contract. You can check what is covered, and exclusions.
File Type: pdf MaxCare.pdf (103.3 KB, 84 views)
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #8
oldmac1
2014 WK 

Thanks Jacko15, I have to wait until I get the Jeep back the contract is in it. Customer Care has pulled my contract and stated Maxi Care will differ from year to year. So my recourse is to get my contract back and read it again. I have not been authorized for a rental and I know for a fact that I am authorized a daily allowance, so there is at least one violation of my agreement there even though I requested it last night. What ever happened to the days when your car dealers where Mom and Pop and there word was Bible? Long gone it appears.

14 GC Overland
12 Liberty
08 Rubicon Unlimited
Unread 06-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I dunno, are you sure you have a Lifetime Maxicare plan, or did the dealer sell you something like Added Care which also has lifetime plans? Added care doesn't cover things like door hinges.

Per chrysler: THE ONLY PARTS AND LABOR NOT COVERED (BY LIFETIME MAXICARE) ARE ...
Maintenance services and items used in such services
Glass, plastic lenses
Body and paint items, including soft trim
Wear items such as manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums and belts are not covered at any time
Snow plows, winches and trailer hitches
Unread 06-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #10
oldmac1
2014 WK 

It is not lifetime, it is 7 years 100k miles and 3 different Jeep Dealers have told me that if I buy the best Maxi Care I am covered for the duration of the contract. The Jeep also has Lifetime Powertrain Warranty and now I have to buy parts for a leaking transmission line that has never leaked in my driveway. Never again will I buy a Jeep Warranty plan because they have cost me a lot of money over the years and when I needed them they are worthless to me. Love Jeeps, dislike your Maxi Plan and your 3 different dealers sales folks that have told me over the last few years that I am totally covered. What happened to integrity?

14 GC Overland
12 Liberty
08 Rubicon Unlimited
Unread 06-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #11
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Chrysler says:

"Maximum Care is an exclusionary plan, often referred to as "Bumper-to-Bumper" and as such if it's not excluded, it's covered. If it's mechanical, it's covered!

Added Care provides economical protection for repairs on major powertrain components, plus basic component coverage. This plan extends your vehicle's powertrain and basic component coverage beyond the 3-year/36,000-mile manufacturer's warranty and covers more than 800 components. This extended warranty is available with a variety of terms, so choose the time and mileage that is best for you. "

Sounds like they sold you added care when you thought you were buying max care.
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #12
oldmac1
2014 WK 

Latest in this saga, picked up the Rubicon at 5pm. Service manager agreed that the window and the transmission part were under warranty as it is Maxi Care and Lifetime power train warranty. Paid for all the fluids being changed in the car, drove 1.2 miles home. At 5:40 started to drive to the bus stop to pick up my son, less than 3 miles. When the Jeep got up to 45mph started transmission slipping. Barely got it off the road and into the bus parking lot. Call the dealer and they said they were sorry and nobody was there to help me. Had the Jeep towed in, transmission fluid ran all over the parking lot while sitting with the motor off. Left a note not to drive the Jeep and the Jeep was placed by the main service door. What a hassle on this senior citizen. Now I have to wonder if the transmission got damaged? If they try to drive it expect it will ruin the transmission. If it would have been test drove I expect it would have leaked all over for them. It is Maxi Care and the dealer and Customer Care confirmed I have it. The General Sales Manager was kind enough to say he would follow up in the morning with the service department.

14 GC Overland
12 Liberty
08 Rubicon Unlimited
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #13
jacko15
2014 WK 

Sorry to hear what is happening to you and your Jeep. Sounds like this dealers service department leaves a lot to be desired. Looks like they did a real half@ss job on your vehicle. Maybe one of the other dealers you've talked to would provide more professional service. Good luck! Keep us updated.
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:54 AM   #14
JeepCares

oldmac1-

Did the dealer take care of it yesterday?
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #15
oldmac1
2014 WK 

I got the Jeep back today, the part they put in the other day had the threads stripped off it and blew off within 4.6 miles. We will be able to go to the Bantam Jeep Festival at Cooper's Lake now in the Rubicon. Hope all works out with this and I have to thank the Service Manager for all her help getting this done.

14 GC Overland
12 Liberty
08 Rubicon Unlimited

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.