Lower intermediate shaft - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Lower intermediate shaft

Steinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 10-11-2012, 10:21 AM   #31
djv1389

I had my power steering rack replaced and the intermediate shaft I had a clunk ocasionaly at full lock but not much noise but after coming out of a sharp turn and merging with traffic if I had to hot the brakes with hard the front end would shake and the steering wheel would move left to right about 1-2" never realy found out what caused this because we also had both front wheel bearings replaced. All this and the noise in the front end is still there.

djv1389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #32
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernestd
Shudder and or bump felt through the steering wheel under moderate braking and or traveling over rough roads.There has been a TSB issued.I had my lower intermediate shaft replaced as per tsb and the vehicle was fine for about 7000 kilometers but I have noticed that the issue is coming back again and I can feel the shudder/ bump in the steering wheel.
Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Thanks
I have this problem and have gone into the dealer to get it looked at and as I have put in the post it's not fix could some one give some input ? Please ;(
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #33
Ernestd
2011 WK 

Go back to your dealer and insist that they replace the Intermediate Shaft as per the TSB.
I am on my third one.
Good Luck
Ernestd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #34
hobbie1
2011 WK 

Just wondering - are any of these Jeeps equipped with the Quadra lift air suspension?
2013 Ford Mustang GT and 1966 Ford Mustang 289 5-SPD 289
hobbie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 05:18 AM   #35
Ernestd
2011 WK 

2011 Overland,5.7,quadra Lift
Ernestd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #36
slimothy

I've already had the lower intermediate shaft replaced in my 2011 GC Laredo and I'm going to have to take it in again after only about 1000 miles (city miles though). The steering is fine on smooth even surfaces but is awful over any kind of broken ground. Apparently the shaft must be replaced with another one with a green dot on it. Notice that the TSB doesn't say to replace with a different model number shaft. I'm sure they're just slapping green dots on the same shafts and pretty much saying "give this one a try". This may be my last Jeep because both of my previous Jeeps were plagued with steering slop. It's a shame because I love it otherwise.
slimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #37
Ungerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimothy
I've already had the lower intermediate shaft replaced in my 2011 GC Laredo and I'm going to have to take it in again after only about 1000 miles (city miles though). The steering is fine on smooth even surfaces but is awful over any kind of broken ground. Apparently the shaft must be replaced with another one with a green dot on it. Notice that the TSB doesn't say to replace with a different model number shaft. I'm sure they're just slapping green dots on the same shafts and pretty much saying "give this one a try". This may be my last Jeep because both of my previous Jeeps were plagued with steering slop. It's a shame because I love it otherwise.
I am going back to dealer today .
Ungerer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.