Looking at purchasing my first Jeep but apprehensive.. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK2 Grand Cherokee Forum > Looking at purchasing my first Jeep but apprehensive..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 11-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #46
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady12 View Post
My friend had a xterra. Horribly noisy and uncomfortable.
A friend of mine has a newer one, an '06 I think. I rode in it for thefrist time not too long ago and thought the ride and interior was very nice. Plenty roomy inside (although plain and simple...theWK2 has a MUCH prettier interior), and WAY smoother and quieter ride than my ZJ.

I guess it depends on what you're comparing it to, and what you need the vehicle for.

I'm sorry, I love Jeeps, but anything offroad related, I'm taking the Xerra Pro4X over the WK2 anyday.

IMO the Grand Cherokee's offroad ability peaked with the QuadraDrive WJ.

It goes without saying the interiors and road manners have gotten better, so there's the tradeoff.

Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #47
superserialMBP
2012 WK 

I was researching and looking for a SUV to buy for over a year and my wife and I decided to buy a 2012 Laredo X. We had a shortlist of a used Acura MDX, Murano, Highlander, 4Runner (not the current model version), and the GC. The reliability history of Jeep scared me, but CR came out with their reliability results for the 2011 GC and it got an "average" rating which I thought was pretty good for a new model year vehicle.

That basically sealed the deal so we ordered a Laredo X (All Weather group, Nav) because we both really liked everything about the GC. With all the other models, each of us would have gripes but with the GC we both loved it.

On the 2012's btw, they come with Michelin Latitude Tours, not whatever cheaper tire they had before. If you get the Off-Road packages, I think they come with a Goodyear AT tire.
superserialMBP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.